Boats, boats, boats

PirateFox

Scholar
I need to get some tallies from people looking at boat 4 so that we don't overload that boat/mod.

The listed occupants were:
4) "Crimson Sunset" - Vigilant, Lamplight, Freemen, Indep

Please shoot me a message either here or on facebook with some numbers for each group.

Thanks!

Ok...looks like I need to play tetris with all the boats. Everyone send me messages now for your groups! I'll edit this post with groups that have reported in.

NEW INFO: Pages will not be in the battle zone of a ship! Thus, they will not count against your numbers as they will be down in the hold. This also includes non-coms.

Please note that the order is likely not firm. If your boat does not have all its people by the time things would start but the next boat does, expect to be pushed back.

Pregame: Fellstar, plus 6 new or nearly new independents

1) "Salty Vixen" - [21/25]
- Bayenna/ducal: 7
- Rahra, Zi Zi, and Valdyr
- Scions: ~9
- Current Prereg/Prepay: 15 of 21
- There will be no krakens on board.

2) "Shadow's Watch" - [23/25]
- Rivervale: ~12
- Warchester: 4
- New independent group via Doug D: ~7 [MOVED]
- Current Prereg/Prepay: 17 of 23
- Dwarf on a boat. What can go wrong?

3) "Dawn Pride" - [FULL 24/25]
- Tiatar: 14
- Lamplight: 8 +2 overlap
- Current Prereg/Prepay: 13 of 26 (!!!!)
- Drinks will be served promptly at 9pm.

4) "Crimson Sunset" [16-20/25]
- 2 indep groups (~8-12) [PAGES REMOVED]
- Vigilant: 4 after overlap accounted for
- Freemen: 1+ (only one not included elsewhere so far)
- 3 independents
- Current Prereg/Prepay: 18 of 20ish
- Anyone who comes late or is not already assigned will overflow to this boat
- Storming the beach with pages since the year 415.

****I am still shuffling to try to rebalance each mod. Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Lagarde the cruise ticket agent....Hope you at least upgraded everyone to unlimited drinks.

Depends on the boat.

Lucian will be the bartender for Dawn Pride. Classic and new blends will be available on the Leto deck.

Valdyr is concerned that the "guest accommodations" on the Vixen only appear to lock from the outside...

As it stands right now, we have some room on boat 4 for about 5 people, though we dearly need combatants. Overflow has begun to happen, but we were only told we had 4 boats. Going to a 5th means more mod-time everyone's tied up for. I'll try to get answers out of plot for what they want to do. Keep sending me any additional numbers and I'll tally them as appropriate.

Not sure if you're getting sent names from character signups, but Marcea/Cea and I (unaffiliated, new PCs, new characters) will need a boat.

So, speaking of boats...
I've heard there are special rules in regards to fights that may (or may not) occur on boats.
Could we get someone from Plot to explain what those rules are? I would like everyone to have access to the information before we walk into game and get shoved on a boat. Also, will there be any bones thrown to those of us who actually have the Craftsman- Sailor skill?

Jesse is the one writing, running, and designing the boat stuff, so he'll have to answer this. :)

ALL THE BOAT THINGS---

Crasftsman Sailor- If one of your NPC crew dies and falls overboard, I will still allow your boat to navigate safely and correctly to where it needs to go! ;-)

Here are some strange rules errata for boats and water-

If an NPC is trying to climb aboard, they must do a 3 count to do so. During that 3 count, they can be attacked without means to block. Have at em! Once finished counting, they can attack. Once you see the rep, it will be clear that there are several options for NPCs after their 3 count:
1. They can remain on the side of the ship and swing over the rails, imagine clawed feet keeping them upright while attacking you.
2. They can nimbly and safely hop over the rails and run amok on your ship. (Not hurdling PCs would be awesome please thank you.)
3. They can safely walk through any of the 7 gaps between the wooden rails, barring a shield wall from stopping them. lol All charging rules are obviously still in full effect.

Under water mobs- If they are underwater, they will raise a weapon above their heads, (kind of like oog), however, assume that if you see the NPC, you see them below the waves. They DO NOT need a 3 count to surface. If they remove their weapon, they have surfaced. They still need a 3 count to attack you physically. That leads me to:

Spells and other thrown attacks: As long as an NPC is surfaced, they can throw spells other ranged attacks. As long as they are surfaced, so can you! :)

Bindomancy- Pin, Web, and confine will send the NPC plummeting to the ocean floor for 10 seconds, after which, they must spend another 10 seconds swimming back up... so imagine it as a 20 second bye bye for now spell.

If a PC falls off the boat, consider yourself fishfood for Davy Jones. The boats are moving and the currents are nasty. We will not be doing any effects to knock you off or drag you overboard.... but if you fall off on your own silliness, consider it an auto-rez and loss of all items.

Couple questions and points of clarity:

A. For the Ship Board combat, if it is as tight and compact as what we had repped at Fight Practice, when you go down, should you drop to a knee with a hand on your head Looking at the ground to rep you are down? I ask as having laid down at fight practice, pointed out the danger of such things in confined fighting spaces rather quickly and abruptly. I'd hate for anyone else to sustain an injury from such a thing.

B. As I'm reading this it sounds like Melee attacks on/from swimmers are right out. It's only ranged for those things, correct?

Thanks! I can't wait for game!
Keith
AKA Radulfr Torgard

Questions:
1. Is the 3 count from the NPC to physical attack after surfacing the act of climbing aboard the ship? (this implies that the only way to physically attack is to climb aboard.)
2. Regarding bindomancy, I assume the alternate affect (20 second bye bye) only applies if the NPC is surfaced but has not climbed aboard the ship. What is the affect for an NPC that has climbed aboard, in the both case that they have passed all the way over the rail and in the case where they are clinging to the side of the ship?
3. Can the NPC surface/submerge at will to avoid ranged attacks?

Keith, good call! However, please don't place your hand over your head. I have watched people rez this way because their friends thought they were oog. Just take a knee and slump over with your head bowed down for the ship battle.
Yes, melee attacks from swimmers cannot happen; they can only throw things from the water. AFTER their 3 count, it's melee central!

Derek, 1. It represents climbing up the side into physical attack range, be it clinging to the side, standing on a rail, or actually jumping over. Judging by our new phys rep, you will know if they are actually on board.
2. Correct. Then standard ARB rules apply once on board. For sake of easiness on our NPCs and marshals, a clinging mob will be pinned to the ship. My 20 second rule is only for mobs still in the water swimming. I don't want to overthink all of this. Just trying to make things easy... but thanks for asking forthe clarification! Now we all know!
3. Yes. However, if you throw before the submerge happens, we will rule in favor of PCs attacks and the creature will still get hit. The idea isn't for NPCs to cheat this... they will be trying to get to you. Promise. lol

Back