Cabins in Tarndale

In the theme of making sure that Tarndale feels different than Westgate, we'd like to shake things up with our usual cabin arrangement at Millersylvania. So that you can follow along at home, here's a pdf of the camp.

• The Desert (cabins 38, 39, 40, 41 and the "Men's Restroom") will still be NPC camp, with Monster Camp continuing to be run out of the restroom. In-Game, buildings exist in these locations, but they are not accessible during game unless you make specific arrangements, in which case we will stage a module for you. Once you've learned what they are, you may go to them by asking at Monster Camp as you would for a Lair Card.
  • The Swamp (33-36), Forest (20-23), and Meadow (25-28) will still be available for PCs, with the following exceptions:
  • Cabin 35 in the Swamp will be an NPC building, but an In-Game location.
  • Cabin 27 cannot be the Celestial Circle, Cabin 25 cannot be the Earth Circle. Once the location for these circles have been determined, those building choices will effectively be permanent, and we'll make an effort to inform people that they shouldn't be setting up there in the future without permission. Plot's preference for the Earth Circle is 23, 27, or 28, and 20, 25, 28, or 34 for the Celestial Circle, but we aren't the ones that have to sleep in them, so we're somewhat flexible.
  • The Cook's Quarters and Staff's Quarters will, ironically enough, be used for the Cook and Staff.
  • The First Aid building will house Logistics as usual.

As I said, we'd like to make this location feel as different from Westgate as we can, so we'd appreciate everyone's help in making that happen. The biggest thing you can do to help before even showing up to game is trying to chose a new cabin. We'd like the PC groups to move locations from where they usually stay to a new place. Some of our players have only been to this site once or twice before, but some of us have been using it in basically the same arrangement for almost 10 years, so a change is in order. The Earth Guild, Brotherhood of the Star, Zodiac, Polare and Friends' Happy Fun Hour, and House Dank Elves have all been in the same place for a really long time, and we'd like it if all of you especially would take this opportunity to set up shop in a new location (even if you all just swap buildings with each other). We're giving everyone plenty of warning now so that no one will have to make a decision last minute on site where they want to be.

"Dibs" on any of the 'Circle' cabins goes to Leigh-ann and Seth until the Friday of the event, but the sooner the better. Otherwise, all unlisted cabins in the Swamp, Forest, and Meadow are first-come, first-served. Post if you've got questions, suggestions, or want to call a cabin early (especially one that isn't listed as 'dibs'-able).

Is this a suggestion/asking to claim, in essence, a cabin?

If so, I'd like to throw in for 26 (preferred) or 27. Previously, I had set up in 21 regularly.

Ughm if everyone is able to claim them by posting here then its going to be great fun for people that arrive on site intending to "Claim" a cabin as this post suggestsonly to have arguments that they were already claimed due to a last minute post. Perhaps also you could pick the cabins for the celestial guild and earth guilds soonish and post them here? That will help out I think rather than have a bunch of floating cabins that are 'dibs'-able. If people show up on site put there stuff down and then get booted at that point there's going to be hurt feelings.

I think their goal is to let people know that they're looking for us to help make it look/feel different, and have us all talk on the boards ahead of time if possible. I think we can trust one another to be relatively easy-going about it and not get our lacy underthings unnecessarily misaligned if someone shows up on-site that didn't get a chance to chime in on the boards.

I.E. (and for realsies) I believe our house expects 6 or 7 people. Our order of preference is 27, 28, 20. I plan to be on-site at 3pm or sooner.

I will take cabin 28 for the Earth Guild then. And Cymryc and I would like to claim cabin 22 for our household.

Could I please tentatively claim #25 for gypsies and whoever else needs room?

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for 21 for Polare and Crew (tm). Quite a ways from where I was before ( and I really like the idea of switching things up from Westgate's layout).

I would like 22 since it is out of the way and I have had trouble with noise in the past. If I can not get that one we would like one of the other out of the way cabins.

So far my map is filling up pretty quickly with very few conflicts, which is good and bad. The 'low conflicts' part is great, but I think we might have more people claiming cabins than can realistically use them.

Recently, very few people have been staying in the Earth Guild or Brotherhood cabins consistently, but since they house important IG structures, they still need to have a building. Aside from that, we need to make sure that there's actually going to be people in the buildings that are being claimed. If your group isn't regularly more than 4 people, you probably don't need a 'regular' building to yourselves. If there are open buildings available, your group can occupy them for the event, which is totally fine, but I don't want to put a 'Reserved' sign on a building for only one person.

• So, clarifying questions:
  • Does the MWE Task force (which is usually 4+ IIRC) need a building separate from the Legion?
  • Does the Legion need a building still?
  • Do the Gypsies actually need a building? Prashka is BotS and Raganzi is HoN. We'll have at least one or two new gypsies, but will there actually need to be a 'gypsy cabin'? If they'll all be staying together, that makes sense, otherwise, it's a group of 2-3 people with other group associations that might deter them from staying here.
  • The swamp seems super unpopular, but they should be updated (or be being updated) to be like the rest of the cabins (not sure if it's done yet). The NPC Building that's out there isn't something scary, I promise. :D

The MWE task force I believe also includes the Racoons, which is another 3 or so.

I would be staying with Prashka and the gypsies so +1 to the gypsy cabin.

I believe the Legion is not claiming a cabin other than the MWE task force. I'm not positive though.

I've spoken with the gypsies, and we've got a group of 4-5 who regularly attend who plan on grooving/staying together at events, with a couple more possibly in the wings. If you'd rather we disperse to our different groups, that's fine, but we were much more interested in staying as a whole during the events. If you're not stoked about us reserving a cabin forever, I'd be happy to talk about it. :) Could we at least get it for this event?

The Legion is not claiming a cabin.

Not yet certain if the Raccoon Trio is bunking with MWE TF yet, will find out asap.

Update: Yes, we are.

Ok. A gypsy cabin works fine if there will be people in it, especially if I don't need to worry about a Legion cabin. Once I'm done talking with BotS and Zodiac I'll post the final list. So far it looks like almost everyone will get their first pick, but there is a couple of really popular cabins, so a few second or third picks will come up.

The Legion is no longer an entity in Seattle due to conflicts with me being on staff and various IG things that you can go FOIG yourself.

Likewise there's three of us within our group, but we're flexible and willing to take what is available. So we're willing to bunk up with others, but eventually we want acquire a "regular-ish" location. Hopefully our group will grow in the process of that as well :)

Back