Cabins in Tarndale

Just to be clear, we're not granting ownership of any buildings OOG, just helping people figure out where they should be putting their stuff in case they show up on site earlier than other people. Folk can move around after this game if they want, but people tend to be in the same place over and over habitually, so we kinda expect that there won't be a lot of moving. The idea is that we want people out of their usual locations for a while, so if you do end up moving, don't go back to the same spot as you had in Westgate. Obviously the locations of the Circles shouldn't change. I think I've got everyone's cabins sorted out, I'll post the list when I get home.

The list:

Desert: All Cabins - NPC Camp

Swamp:
33: Either David's group or Shane's group (or combine together in one)*
34: People's Free Company*
35: IG Location
36: Either David's group or Shane's group (or combine together in one)*

Meadow:
25: Gypsies*
26: House Zodiac
27: House of Nails
28: Earth Guild*

Forest:
20: Brotherhood of the Star*
21: Polare and Co*
22: Daylynn, Kiarra, and Co*
23: MWE Task Force

Remember that these cabin locations aren't permanent, with the exception of 28, 20, and 35 (once the Circles go up). Feel free to barter/trade/bribe/steal these locations IG after game on. Cabins marked with a * above sound like they'll have quite a bit of extra space in them. I'd like to encourage people in these cabins to consolidate together if it makes sense IG to open up some more cabins as we need them. You'll notice that right now, every cabin has someone in it, but a few of the groups are awfully small. If we get a reasonably sized group to an event that we haven't accounted for, we'll need a free cabin. If your cabin is marked, you've probably got the extra space to either consolidate with another group or take on new people that don't have a group.

Does that mean I'll be picking an "off stage" area for my thing?

Avaran said:
Does that mean I'll be picking an "off stage" area for my thing?
We want that to be an IG location, so we'll either get you 33, 36, or potentially the Cook's/Staff Building. I'm leaning towards the latter right now, but I should talk to our Cook/Staff about it. I like the idea of that building having two parts.

BDawg said:
The barbarians + 2 or more would like to grab a cabin in the swamp. If possible.

Brewer

See above (Emphasis added):

obcidian said:
Swamp:
33: Either David's group or Shane's group (or combine together in one)*
34: People's Free Company*
35: IG Location
36: Either David's group or Shane's group (or combine together in one)*

Reminders about cabin arrangements:

Last event we were pushing really hard to make sure that people set up in different locations than they previously had been using at Millers to help Tarndale feel distinct from Westgate. No one has been granted permanent IG rights to any buildings, with a few exceptions (28, 20, and 35). At this point, cabins are essentially first-come first-served, but we would appreciate it if people would eventually 'settle down' into some cabin locations that are still different than the locations you were staying at in Westgate.

The above list is where people stayed last time (by reservation). Not everyone who was at our last game will be at this one, and we'll have some people who weren't at our last game who will be at this one. There's at least one group that might spill over into a second cabin, and one group that may not need theirs, which sounds like a situation that may handle itself. There are a few people that won't be showing up until Sunday night. It is likely that those folk's cabin (23) will be taken by another group. They're welcome to share with another group, convince a group to move once they arrive, stay in the Earth Guild, etc, but we can't keep their cabin empty for 2 of the 3 nights of the weekend. Try to be polite and talk with each other to work things out either on the boards or on site.

We will not be enforcing the cabin locations on the list above, but we will be enforcing the following rules:
  • The entire Desert is still NPC Camp, PCs may not be there.
  • Cabins 28, 20, and 35 are Earth Guild, Brotherhood, and General Store, respectively. The Earth Guild is open to allow travelers to stay there, but it is fairly public. The Brotherhood of the Star and General Store are private buildings, you may not stay in them without prior arrangement.
  • If other options are available, please don't stay in the same building as you used in Westgate.
  • Groups smaller than 4 people are encouraged to combine into one cabin. If we actually run out of cabins, we'll pick the smallest two groups and ask them to combine, but unless that happens, we won't force anyone to share a cabin.
  • One person can only 'save' one cabin once on site: the one that they're staying in. Please don't call dibs on a cabin that you won't be using.

If you're on the list above and don't think that you'll need your cabin at this event because you won't be there, because you're sharing with another group, or because you'll be NPCing, it would be helpful to post and let folks know.

If possible, I'd like to get 21 again for Polare & crew (this is the one we were in last time). I should be on site relatively early. We should have at least 5 in the cabin, possibly more though I don't know for sure yet.

It is likely I'll be putting up a Limited Circle in the building, fyi.

-Bryan

HoN would like to continue on in the same cabin as before. We are likely to have 5-6 staying with us currently.

Edited my post to include that the Desert is NPC camp, and to directly link the list the post referenced, since it's not actually 'above,' it's on the previous page.

The gypsies would love the same cabin again. I think we're at 4. Possibly 5. :)

Hey Barb is there anyway we could use the cabin you guys were in at the last event (27), and you guys take one of the cabins in the forest? Last event only half of our group was there so we could only claim one cabin (26), but this event our turn out will easily be double and will require two cabins (we are likely to have a 12-16 person turn out), which we would really like to be next to each other. We have a 6-8 folks drive 1000+ miles for the event and want to be able to see them as much as we can. We could just take two cabins in the forest which we are ok with, but it would put us back very close to where we were in Andar which I know is what the Seattle Plot team is trying to avoid. Think about it and let us know.... Thanks!

Holly

Holly, that's fine with us. :)

You rock Barb. Thank you gypsies! We really appreciate it.

So we will be taking cabins 25 (old gypsy cabin) and 26 (prior zodiac). I typo'd on my last message and said 27 which was previously House of Nails.

One thing to keep in mind - we still don't know if we will be disallowed from using tacks/pins in the walls at Millers this event. I would recommend bringing string and/or other plans to set up your cabins as a fallback just in case we cannot use tacks.

Back