Calling All Fighters!

Kadien

Hail Adventurers!

I am looking for stout-hearted fighters that are interested in learning more than just how to swing a sword. To survive on the field of battle, you need to learn tactics!

To this end, I am hereby forming a Fighter's Guild and looking for those that are interested in learning battle strategy. This is open to adventurers of all abilities, be you sword, staff, or spell wielder.

If you are interested, reach out via missive to me.

I look forward to seeing the adventuring might of Gaden unfold!

Long Live Gaden!!

--Kadien

I encourage and look forward to particpating in this.

Walk with Honor,
~Squire Victor von Gryphon

Where me sign up?

-Cho Ko Nu

Me too. I want to study battle for a long time now.
-Ragnarok

Von Gryphon, Cho Ko Nu, and Ragnarok,

It is good to see like minded individuals that find more to battle than swinging at everything that moves!

More information about the Guild will be forthcoming.

Kadien

Yes. Things like strategic retreat and defense of the tavern need be taught. Live for fight another day.

-Cho Ko Nu

Some times that is good yes. I have run more times than I am happy to say but it is not always best to run Cho Ko Nu. I wish I hadn't when we attacked the anchor.
-Ragnarok

I of same mind as Ragnarok

-Sigurth

Last edited:
We will talk battle theory and battle formation and battle technique. All important for fighters, but every fighter have own way. We all learn from each other. This shared knowledge me think biggest advantage of Fighter's Guild.

-Cho Ko Nu

(Please remember to "-sign" your posts with whichever character is speaking, even if you only have one PC.)

We know to keep people like Sigurth who use shield in front and people like me who like big weapons right behind him but what if we are being attacked from many places at random like when we fight the drakes and the phase monsters at the anchor?
-Ragnarok

That's a very good question Ragnarok. This is exactly what I want to address with my fellow adventurers. Part of it is not only learning how to fight alongside each other, but also how to incorporate whatever talents someone else might bring to the fight, be it spell, stealth, or weapon.

Just to be clear, the Fighter's Guild is open to all that wish to learn martial tactics. This includes adventurers that rely upon things other than weaponry, such as stealth and spells.

--Kadien

See? I have good thoughts worth thinking. No matter what people say I'm smarter than I seem.
-Ragnarok

Kadien,

Perhaps we can gather together Saturday morning of the next gathering before lunch to talk tactics. It's a shame Fern hasn't been around lately, he'd be able to teach us a lot about field tactics.

If anyone needs lessons in advanced weapon skills, I'm almost always available for that.

Briar of First Forest

Briar,

That was my thought as well. During the next gathering I would like to have those that are willing to do so go through tactics. I believe it is always a good habit to learn how to fight alongside any ally.

Thank you for your offer to train individuals in advance weapon skills as well.

I look forward to the first meeting of the Guild.

-- Kadien

I wouldn't mind sitting in on the first meeting but I'd rather withhold pledging my loyalties until I see this group in action. I'd rather not get sent to my death if this group won't work well together in combat.

-Bethanne Mallowbrookes

We no able do worse than current lack of tactics.

-Cho Ko Nu

Right you are Cho Ko Nu. And speaking of tactics, let's start on the first eve of the next gathering to have those present start learning. We can go from there.

-- Kadien

Hopefully, I won't be too busy to attend. I definitely would like to lend my knowledge where ever I can!

- Tazoulti

Kadian, I am glad that you are initiating this.

We have luckily had a large addition of new adventurers this past year or so, but on the down side have also experienced the loss of many of the old guard.

All this makes it even more important that we get everyone on board with planned strategies and cohesive fighting teams.

We have several large challenges to prepare for in order to protect and secure our lands. I am here to assist in any way that I can.

Socora

Good Adventurers,

I find that at the last minute that I have been called upon to run an errand which may delay my arrival at the next gathering. I will do all within my means to rendezvous with those eager to learn martial tactics as soon as humanly possible.

I look forward to sharing knowledge in the pursuit of a better Gaden!

--Kadien

Back