Calling all Scouts.

We don't want to lose you, Rick, so I promise not to enslave you and make you shatter your own spirit in front of your friends, again.

As a fellow 10%, I make no such promises however.

That silliness aside, a bow scout can make for a difficult to kill person. While backstabs won't ramp your damage as fast as profs for longbows/crossbows, it will add to your bow damage. I'd recommend 4 WP - Parry x2, 4 Backstab - Dodge, and alternate. Flavor to taste with PTD skills of choice (if you do take PTD, add Riposte to the fighter skills to counter-riposte).

Most things will save their parries, repostes and dodges for your slay and eviserates. why waste the build when they wont burn them agains 15 normal, which will ramp up fast when swinging 3 times before they realize they are under attack. i typically get killed by my own assassinates because they reposte them back at me.

I put a vote in for Eviscerate and Terminate, but not slay or assassinate. Bow attacks are notably slower than sword attacks, which means that you can't always drop some opportunity targets when they appear. The most notable example here are casters. They don't have parries, so all you need is to tag with an eviscerate or terminate, but you often only get one or two shots at most before they retreat (and in some cases heal up). A one-shot kill is the perfect option and Terminate, especially is a fast attack.

I started my Scout at roughly level 17, so I can't tell you when it is best to cross over, but I know I made sure I had two dodges when I started the game.

-MS

To be fair, Alchemy 3 might be a better use of your build than Offensives, because Gas/Gas/Gas/Gas....

Alchemy isn't that much cheaper for Scout then Fighter. I think it is 5 and 6 for both Herbal Lore and Alchemy. That is still 20 build before I could start flinging gas. Then only a max of 30pp a day with a lab. I would rather spend that on Blacksmithing to help cut into my cost for arrows.

I am also a fighter at 20th level with 8 profs and I'm primarily an archer in combat. Like Kyle, it would be far too late for me to switch to scout class at this point.

I am beginning to focus on blacksmithing a lot more for arrows/bolts. As you get more powerful, so do the monsters, so you will need a lot more ammo. Weapon coatings are also awesome for archers (2 arrows/bolts per coating with a workshop). It's easier to be a team player and work with an alchemist than to become one yourself.

For easy math damage, a normal Longbow (3) with two profs (1.5x2=+3) and 4 backstabs (+4) does an even 10 damage. That also gets you two dodges, a parry, a terminate, and a riposte. It sounds like that would be a route for you to pursue.

I have already decided that next I will get 2 Blacksmith so I can make a quiver a day but I have friended a master blacksmith and don't want to step on toes. This game is so much more complicated OOG then it is IG. lol

Your master blacksmith friend will not hate having you use your own skill. He can always find someone to purchase the points you dont. but you can always use more arrows.

True that on the always being able to use more arrows.

I also concur on the arrows thing. I try to bring at least 600 to every event and I still worry about running out before the end of Sunday.

Back