Castle Event Favorites

Darkcrescent

Baron
Chicago Staff
Marshal
Again, another good castle event. I forgot how much I liked that location, and even more the private rooms. Thanks Christina for the wonderful food and those that helped prep it and for DG, Alexander, Jack and Anthony for plotting and the other NPCs for helping to keep things moving along. Also special shout out to Dan for not silencing me a single time this event.

Favorites:
- Taylor's Bard and especially the music background during the Ritual of Remembrance. We need more Bards!
- Ritual Casting on Asura.
- Seeing Dure'hdel's Ritual casting of the Stable Foundation with Ark and Tets.
- Calm and Soothing conversations with Aldrian during the Saturday Night mod...or at least it was soothing when he was waiting to dissipate. :lol:
- Hearing the plan to cause infighting in Province V by making posters of each Magister boasting how much better they are than Crushing Despair. G.e.n.i.u.s plan. Also Talitha's poster was amazing. He almost had a hold on my heart with that poster.
- Hearing Taylor mention he's good at Chess last event, then opening the door to see the chess opponent is Taylor as the orphan and knowing we're screwed.
- Not seeing Kit throw a Death spell at a single sentient being. I was so happy.
- Talitha's Ritual of Remembrance speech.
- The Troll mod to get back the Guardian Branch and Earth Hammer.
- Linko
- Shadow's Light almost becoming the Rulers of Midwest Goblins; almost.
- Artemis offering his Spirit to play the Liche's chess match first. Very honorable.
- Asher to Gabriel, "I will death you 18 times if you take Hooter McGavin". "18 times?"-Gabe. "Yes, and I know that was a threat, feel free to complain to he Sheriff; but he won't listen"-Asher
- More to come as I remember.

Oh, good, I don't have to be the one to make the first post.

- The siege at the very beginning was great; although, to be honest, when I first heard the setup, I thought that the Gryphon Guard had brought (and trapped) you guys there, and you had to bust out...but busting IN past goblins was good too. I just like conspiracies.
- Getting to wander around as the oracle and gradually be noticed by the others, while also freezing my butt off. Or hands, rather. Thank goodness Rhys had a cloak she was willing to let me hide under
--- It started out with others asking who I was, what was my name- "It doesn't matter." "It matters to us!" Cute stuff. And then, going on about failure. The Harroc. That certainly got people's attention. Once they prodded me for more info, that is to say, that there were five keys, everyone went in a scramble to find as many keys as they could. "I have a key! He has two keys!" -pointing to wrought iron key decals on the wall- "Are those the keys?" "They certainly look like keys."
---- Taking a small party into the castle through the sewers, only to find some nice goblins waiting for us, and ending up being trapped in the bathroom by a wall of force with Gabriel and Talitha... We were in there long enough that the wall went down, so Gabriel had a plan- "I'M GONNA JAM THE DOOR!". But then the rest of y'all came charging in the front door, somehow.
- Afterwards, i.e. probably after having been inside for at least half an hour, I was still extremely cold, so I got to wear the Gorka->Gandian Shadow's Light cloak, and Socora heated up some water for hot cocoa for me. I felt much better after that. :D
- However, I couldn't sleep at all, so I wandered around and outside the castle until about 6am, although I tried to stay away from the windows to avoid another "red and black thing" incident. :p I really like the hours of 4-6 am, when everything is so quiet and you can go outside and listen to the wind. Although there was a very creaky tree I could see rocking back and forth that I was mildly concerned about.

- Angisu at breakfast time. That's not suspicious or foreboding at all, guys!
- Dure'dhel is the goblin king. All goblins must answer to him.
- Alexander taking me on a strictly-RP mod with the gypsies, in which we drank an entire bottle of wine while teaching me how to curse, and then went and gave Drunk Racist Jerk Farmer Dan (he really sold it) a froghead. Or rather, a frog head coming out of his head, suggestion courtesy of Jemina. Certainly better than anything I could've come up with. Although he didn't seem to care much. But we can still laugh at him. "Haha, you have froghead." I was kind of going insane from lack of sustained social interaction, so it really helped with that.
- I always love me a good Empire attack, and playing an Angisu again was fun. Force and Entropy magic are pretty easy to remember, although I forgot the incant for weakness.

- Sunday morning, coming back as the Oracle to find the Charusii; running into Gabriel again and reminiscing about Friday night, and then- "Will this next task involve combat?" "Yes." "Oh boy. Better go get my armor."
- Ending up coming back to life after all the undead were killed; I didn't know I could do that. And then Charus sucked the life out of me, while I was predictably unable to fall at will.

Had tons of fun at the event! Castles are so much fun. :D

Storming the castle.
Circling the castle with Thorador... then getting jumped by a necrogoblin
Getting attacked by a new PC when attacking a necro font... and him getting yelled at by another PC to stop stabbing Rhys.
Herb hunting with Gabriel and Archemedes
Stable Foundation Ritual (Ryan, Alexander... you guys are both so good at intense ritual role-play)
Taylor's fantastic background music (but seriously people... throw the coin at a bard's feet... NOT his face!)
Ritual of Remembrance is always heart-touching as usual
Running screaming down the hall yelling "Get out of the way, the Sarr has Peppermint!" and getting Tondra to hide under a table with me.
Resurrection and post-battle stargazing with Pandora.
Everything about the purified water mod. Loved seeing Thorador get lured to the edge of the pit and pushed in, using my sword as a fishing pole, and jumping into the pool after clearing out the former inhabitants.

The castle event was amazing!

Sieging the castle, switching out with the battering ram for refits.
Running into the courtyard filled with undead and goblins only to find that Kaidian was the only one to charge in with me. I remember wondering why the defenders were hesitating...then the trap went off.

The Gryphon Guard: Thanks for coming out guys, I hope you had a great time and will be back for more!
Valentino the quick-footed archer.
Kaidian the brave, charging the castle breach.
Mithrodotes the stalwart, surviving insurmountable odds.
Roben the sure-hearted, laughs in the face of danger.
Aurora the graceful, using a weapon larger than she is.

The Guard putting up the Gryphon banner colors on the castle gate.

Linko, you magnificent little bantering fool, I so wanted to kill you...and then the mind control the crystal had over you ended and everything changed :(

Holding the Sceptor of Ages reverantly, and presenting it to Duke Idden.

Taylor's wax golem marching straight in for the kill.

Getting feared and then getting charmed to "be Gryphon" resulted in leading an overconfident charge and seeing the line surge forward.

The guitar at the remembrance ceremony and at dinner.

Different factions coming together despite our motivations.

The good job by NPCs as always!

What a wonderful event, thanks to all of the plot team and the npcs for making it so great.
-Sieging the castle was really a great way to start the event. Props to those who were manning the ram, and to Asura and Dure'dhel for potentially saving me and a few others from an embarrassing death to a mean goblin hiding by the side of the castle. :p
-Getting to watch Dure'dhel do so many rituals. Though Nakira wasn't happy at all that the circle was so close to her bed, Hannah was super excited to see all of the different rituals.
-All of the door mods were awesome. Huge props to Alexander for all of the great RP. The best by far was the stable foundation ritual, great job to all involved.
-Dave's spirit reading to the group about the history of the dragons. You made a tribeswoman start to tear up, that takes some talent. :lol:
-Dure'dhel's insatiable quest to become the goblin king.
-Asher's threat to death Gabriel 18 times when I mentioned he was eyeing the shiny Hooter McGavin.
-The lovely music playing in the tavern during dinner. It lightened up an otherwise kind of sad moment for Nakira.
-Seeing the Gryphon Guard in action, it is always great to see newer PCs band together and do some awesome stuff.
-Being inducted into Shadow's Light, and just hanging out with them in general. It was great fun, in game and out of game. :p
-Being saved by Gabriel with about 10 seconds left until I dissipated. THANK YOU.
-Watching Gabriel run around trying to catch his tongue which was apparently running around the room. Hallucination elixirs are bad, kids.
-The Sat night mod was great. The location lead to an interesting challenge, and Adam and Alexander did a great job of being terrifying.

It was great coming back to Alliance after a summer of absence. Nothing is more of a drag than when real life gets in the way of LARPing

My event favorites
-blowing the back door open ( the is the one time a year i don't regret having 5 ranks of craft trap)
- waylaying, all day every day. Taking out Dave's big goblin was a high point, but felling bugbears and phase pairs in the same manner was also greatly rewarding.
-gases, the number of things that when down when money was thrown at them, including but not limited to the seneschal to the emperor!
-Getting wall of forced in a bathroom after breaching the castle. It was a great 20 minutes of nerve racking rp with our NPC and Talitha.
-herb hunting with Rhy and Arch and finding a real four leaf clover ( which is now pressed in my alchemy book)
- The whole fiasco with the starving kin. Surviving the ambush, teaching the kin about making money, talking about growing the kin economic output, even seeing Sid later on with a hat and belt.
-The seance in the alchemy lab...and the wild trip Dan took Gabriel on.
- Getting a key with Arch by offering luck as a gift.
- Finding cystalite, in the dark. For a one NPC mod it was awesome!
- Getting the Sunhawks back in action with a new focus and game plan.
- Writing my poster as the lord of the twilight grove. I think I got the feeling of an arrogant magister down.
-Finally swinging tens from behind and feeling like a threat in combat.
-The Brick of Summery Judgment ( many have been judged and found wanting)
- Having a favor to call in when I was dying. Arch is a very good person to have a boon from.
- Getting let in on some of the dragon and empire plot, to that end I have a clover to give to Vengeance and plan to see him before my life is up.
- being able to run with several different groups in battle. As much as I miss my Hawk team, being a useful floater is not all that bad.

I'm sure there are more to add later.

- Getting into the castle from the back, only to end up trapped in a bathroom.
- Multiple people accusing Talitha of not having a childhood (which is fairly accurate). Additionally, coming to the realization that Tal's probably never been on a swing before.
- My very first night as Talitha (four years ago!) was spent at a Ritual of Remembrance; I've always thought it was a really cool thing. I tried really hard in my speech to avoid remembering myself (as I'm obviously still alive and kicking), so I hope it didn't come off that way to anyone. I really am thankful that such a thing exists, and that we honor it every year. I was also glad that someone remembered Geva.
- Using a shield. Asher thinking it was strange. More people catching on to how much of a mini-Fern Tal actually is.
- Kit letting me borrow his sword on Sunday. It was super shiny, swinging 10 from the front and 25 from behind.
- Conspiring against magisters in Province V by drawing pictures. Credit goes to York for coming up with Iron Grip's clever slogan.
- Baby life scale
- York's awesome Vengeance/Life
- Tets, and Katira
- Gabriel giving a spirit a four-leaf clover (both because that solution was clever, and because I'd never seen a four-leaf clover before).
- Being contacted by the Ooze Mother, and Alexander's somewhat uncanny ability to sound like Stephen.
- Dan's farmer...
- Taylor's bard, and background music for the Ritual of Remembrance.
- Lasagna! Yummy.
- Getting Prisoned by Adrian, only to be Dispelled by him a minute later, which was not only puzzling, but also unnecessary.
- York waylaying Anthony's barbarian just after he angrily accused someone else of knocking him out like a coward. It was pretty good timing.
- Small groups of people picking one target at a time and charging into battle together, toward the tail end of the Empire fight. I was glad to see that happening.

Overall, this was a really good event. I didn't feel as paranoid as I have during the past couple months, and had a lot of fun. A lot of cool things happened. :) Can't wait for the next one!

Thanks Pcs and Npcs alike, a lot of fun was had for sure...a few top favorites.

-Asher to Kit "Lets Bond" while twirling his staff and walking with purpose outside... Referring to Keepers and Shadowslight killing undead together.
-Dans Gypsy Hating Farmer, and the curse rp prior to him.
-Lauging till pain and panting cause of Alexanders...hey do you want an enflame?
-Bindo Storm on Mandrake with Ark doing his thing at the same time (Thanks Adam for a tough fight)
-Letting go of Vendettas and confusing atleast one person with it.
-Ritual of Remembrance for win
-Smashing the orange and having it explode
-My Mysterious Talitha...1st item tagged swingset here we go
-Ark's many layers
-"Servants of the Elder Bronze" generally epic Aujin rp
-Nakira my new Kendra
-Baby Lifescale
-Shadows Edges Birth ( I declare it lol )
-A ton more for sure but I cant remmeber at this moment

Thanks so much for everything this weekend, everybody! There was so much “big plot” planned into this event and I think the PCs really dug into it. Some favorites of mine, in very roughly chronological order:

• Tets and Linko: Best friends forever. Expect beautiful goblin princesses.
  • “Is that a table leg?” “Hey, it was the humans that made it; don’t judge me for their bad design choices.”
  • Jamina’s excitement when getting one of the Shifting Chamber’s keys after helping a spirit on Friday night. I’m really glad in general that PCs really grabbed hold of my door-with-five-keys plot. :)
  • “You are the target of a Contact Other Plane ritual; do you accept?” – The answer for all 6 times: “………yes?”
  • The bemusedly resigned look on Dan’s face when Courtney showed him that Rahra had been given Leviathan McKraken was priceless. :p
  • “You would not believe how many people will accept your spells if you offer them like they’re protectives.”
  • Making Rob almost die laughing.
  • ”We have a lot of great craftsman here! We have a blacksmith, an alchemist, a trap maker, a potion maker, and a-- … we’ll be back in a bit with a scroll maker.”
  • All of the AWESOME Province V propaganda posters!
  • Knock knock………… knock knock knock…….. knock knock knock knock………. Knock…… knock knock knock knock knock.
  • Seeing PCs’ offerings to the spirit seeking the perfect gift for Thirthe, and especially Gabriel’s impossible-to-turn-down offer of granting the dragon luck via a four-leafed clover.
  • Dave’s reading of the history was just fantastic.
  • Dure’dhel and Aujin Stable Foundation for the win.
  • Post-Stable Foundation talk with Sarah, where she was concerned for my physical well-being. Rest assured, my whole self was fine prior to and after that mod. :)
  • I legitimately was taken back by Linko not getting murdered! I fully expected PCs to squash him once he was out of the tower.
  • Amazingly dinner atmosphere, especially with Taylor playing the great music
  • The vengeful return of the Sage of Temporal Terroir and his talk with Asher.
  • ”Would you die for the one you love?” The last stand of Gaius Mandrake with York was pretty cool.
  • ”It’s a little life lizard, ‘cause I’m a big life lizard!” "Awwwww."
  • ”Ritual Succeeds! Can we figure out if you started something on fire in that corner?”
  • Late-night water mod! Major thanks to Chris for helping out.
- Getting Prisoned by Adrian, only to be Dispelled by him a minute later, which was not only puzzling, but also unnecessary.
You were too well-surrounded by other people to be Killing Blowed, but the Prison was protecting you from my other spells, so your chance of death was probably higher for me to Dispel it rather than to have you prisoned for the whole duration. ;)

Remember to send your feedback to the plot team to plot@mnalliance.com, and see you all next month!

”Ritual Succeeds! Can we figure out if you started something on fire in that corner?”

Sleeping in the Shadow's Light ward has it's hazards. Most of them involve Dure'dhel and fire.

Gandian Ravenscroft said:
"Would you die for the one you love?” The last stand of Gaius Mandrake with York was pretty cool.
That was awesome.
You were too well-surrounded by other people to be Killing Blowed, but the Prison was protecting you from my other spells, so your chance of death was probably higher for me to Dispel it rather than to have you prisoned for the whole duration. ;)
But couldn't you have just taken down the prison without dispelling it? That's what was puzzling about it.

Gandian Ravenscroft said:
Thanks so much for everything this weekend, everybody! There was so much “big plot” planned into this event and I think the PCs really dug into it. Some favorites of mine, in very roughly chronological order:

[*]Tets and Linko: Best friends forever. Expect beautiful goblin princesses.

Tets is still waiting to see his princess.

And i was half way through incanting a dispel whe adrian dispelled her.

A big thanks to Dave for putting on a good game, and to Alexander and the rest of the plot team for some awesone work.
And a big thanks to Sean and Nadine for letting me ride with them, they made the trip possible for me.

Heres my favorites in the best order i can remember.

The very slow moving siege of the castle and the awesome banter with Linko that followed, inclueding trying to race change into a goblin, whore himself out to Linkos daughters, and even offer Katira up to Linko.

Trying to understand why so many people would be ok with killing an entire race and thinking he might have to fight the whole town to keep his promise to Linko.

Selling Asher a ward in return for a ressurection story from Katira. It sounded like a good investment to Tets and the look on Ashers and Katiras face was awesome when i said yes.

Helping cast Yorks vengence and the awesomeness of two celestial scholars creating a life spell. Ryan is so awesome with his ritual Rp.

Getting to be a part of the very imprompt stable foundation ritual. (Everything in the circle is now rendered *sad face* my staff is outside)

Katiras confession to Tets and wondering why shed tell him it. Later on wondering if shed actualy ask why hes so protective of her now.

Spellcrafting for Thorador for Rarra.

Spellcrafting for Asher and getting stuck with lighting. Not so fun while in a stone powered castle

Watching Asher backlash a ritual and wishing i could explain in game what went wrong. Stupid item recall being Earth.

The remeberance and crying through a couple, and also getting Togashin mentioned again, even with only like 3 people knowing who he was.

The mandrake fight was fun, keeping track of a rouge and healer that thinks shes a rouge, not as much fun.

Alexanders snake mod. I swear i looked there twice.

And acting as a fighter during the moring key roon fight because i was completly out of spells.

Had a great weekend thanks to all of you awesome folks and especially the NPC's and Plot people for a great job.

- Celestial life spell, going to miss that :twisted:
- All the new Black Wolves, excited to see all of you grow and take on new roles!
- Mandrake impaled on my sword. (I tried to have a calm conversation and he just yelled back at me.)
- Getting back the weapons we lost and Dave's big troll using two of my Vengeances.
- Poor magister on the wall who took another of my Vengeances.
- Honorably dueling one of the Magisters saturday night and winning.
- York's suggested use for the scepter of ages...
- Linko: "I'm sorry for what I did and said to all of you because of the crystal." York: "You mocked me after we destroyed the crystal." Linko: "..."
- Hanging out with Tets, hoping to have more opportunities for that.
- Dure'dhel to York: "You know I've cast 38 rituals and have only flawed two of them, and you are currently holding both of them in your hands." (Yorks weapons are bad luck to rituals)
- Delicious foods
- Running the Black Wolves bar.

Lots more I can't specifically remember.

This was one of the best market day’s by far – and not just because it was at the Castle!
Some of my fav’s were:
• Exchanging banter and insults with Linko
• The Gryphon Guard – you were all amazing! I enjoy the chance to be able to interact with all of you more in the upcoming Market Days
• How excited Rahra was to be awarded the amazing Leviathan McKraken
• Meeting the Bronze Golem and listening to Valentino offer up two examples of his Crafting of Words. Not sure which was my favorite – the enthusiastic ballad to Von Gryphon or the touching love story recited to the Alexander’s golem.
• Jamina and Briar trusting Socora with an item of questionable integrity to handle to the good of the town. (can’t say more now other than be assured that Socora is carefully considering how best utilize this item)
• Dave’s reading of the Dragon history was so moving and intense. I regret that I missed the very beginning of that reading getting food ready, but what I caught painted such a visual and moving story.
• The ritual of remembrance – such lovely memories shared of not only Gorka and Kendra, but others. Then there was Talitha’s heart wrenching reminder of how this ritual helps us all as we consider our own mortality.
• The battle Saturday night when Courtney wanted so much to be Kendra again and lead the fighting, so I told “Rahra” some of the things that I learned from Kendra about fighting so we grabbed first Nikira, and then later Chip, picked a target then charged and beat them down. The next thing we knew, others were catching on and charging out in groups.
• Jamina and her awesome chocolate coffee truffles. Which were made even better by having several of the guys willing to RP with an intoxicated and amorous Socora. Gabriel – for helping take Socora’s armour off, Ark – for feeding Socora even more chocolate, Valentino – for promising to feed Socora chocolate (which didn’t quite happen, but she will remind him he owes her) & Kaidian for all your lovely RP and amazing massage (I had a great time just visiting with you Saturday night, too)
• Taylor’s guitar – thank you so much for the great music during dinner and the amazing background music during the Ritual of Remembrance
• Many thanks to Jamina for all her assistance in the kitchen over Breakfast and Dinner
• Also thanks to Talitha and Katira for helping with lunch
ALL of the NPC’s - a big THANKS for their hard work, dedication to their roles and to helping with all the set up and break down.
• The last but certainly not the least by a long shot – Alexander, Dave, Jack & Anthony – for writing, organizing, and leading such a wonderful range of mods and battles.
Without these last two points none of the other points would have been possible to enjoy. To the NPC's and Plot Team - Ha Zah!!

But couldn't you have just taken down the prison without dispelling it? That's what was puzzling about it.
I would have had to touch you to drop the prison, and if it were safe enough for me to get close enough to touch you, I would have just gotten close enough to KB you. :p

Well, I have to agree with Christina/Larp Mom - This was one of the best market day’s I've been to this year, But I do disagree with her slightly though, I think that it is especially the best because it was at the Castle! :) (Hey, What do you expect? I'm dwarf!!!)

And I also agree with Larp Mom about giving Big props to Alexander, Dave, Jack, Anthony and the plot team for all the wonderful mods and battles! There were so many of which that I'm sorry I missed out on simply because there was so much stuff to do!

Some of my favorites (in no particular order) were:

• First off, a Big special thanks to the NPC’s for all their fantastic combat/fighting and Roleplaying. Especially for helping out with much of the cleaning up post game along with Jamina, myself, Larp Mom and several others - That was very much appreciated!

• After handily surviving that initial castle gate trap explosion, my getting overconfident and walking in after Victor to get my arse immediately handed to me. :funny:

• Listening to everyone trading insults with Linko during that lull before the second stage of the siege.

• All the great food & snacks. Thanks Larp Mom!

• Walking with Dure’dhel, talking about old times & him joyfully showing off his Flame Ward.

• RPing with Gabriel regarding many potential avenues of future research & the Sunhawks.

• Those humorous moments while refitting armor with Chip & several of the fighters because we suddenly realized we were having games of 'Statue/Dance due to hold stack up' as one fellow put it. I had such a hard time keeping from laughing during each one thereafter. (Sorry about that!)

• RPing with all the Kin! I particularly got a kick out of when I initially sat down by myself during one of the meals to wait for Jamina & multiple Kin came over & sat down surrounding me, causing me to wonder 'What did I do?'. :)

• And Gabriel's later including me on his all Field Kin economics machinations and the Kin RPing with us as he went about explaining things.

• Getting to RP with Alexander on several occasions. (You rock, my friend!)

• More than once having Pc's calling "Taz we need you over here" while pulling me opposite directions. Once having a couple get into an argument as to who needed Taz more, when Victor shows up wanting Taz as well & one looking as if they just got told.

• My offering to help out with a resurrection that needed to be started & Jamina waves me off, only to later admit to him that she doesn't like telling stories that much & what she also did to Rhys. (Poor Rhys!) :)

• When Gabriel & I were chatting and a spirit walks through what we believed was a locked door next to them, I ask the spirit if there's ale beyond that door, "Yes!" answers the spirit. "Can you open the door?" asks Gabriel. "It is open!" answers the spirit. How we both looked at each other as if we struck the mother lode & rushed that door.

• Standing next to Dure’dhel listening to a consultation with a younger adventurer during one of the big fights, we both eat high amounts of damage from an NPC attacking is but we don't react. Then Dure’dhel turns and gives it a 'are you going to bother us?' look as I begin a PTD slay & step toward the NPC, to which the NPC beats a hasty retreat. The look on the younger adventurers face was priceless!

• Finally getting to RP with Courtney after missing out for so long - nearly breaking Taz's gruff character more than once and laughing myself silly post battle when I noticed her carrying around her doll in her mouth and purring! :lol:

• Hanging with Kaito, Artemis & Gabriel in the tavern.

• Especially, getting to rib Gabriel for taking advantage of Socora, while Jamina is scolding them both! Plus my quipping to Artemis & Kaito about the 'Two mommas gonna have it out' and Artemis not understanding immediately, Kaito & I trying to explain it to him, then I simply point - how Artemis got all weird-ed out when he caught on. :funny:

• A younger adventurer notices me clearing some of the skeletons off to the side during the battle & dragging back a downed adventurer to Jamina, and he goes in astonishment to me "You can do that?", to which I quipped "Yeah, it's a good idea to do some body management during battle", and he replies "WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT?" as he rushes forward to move another.

• Plus later getting so many Thank You's for having saved numerous PC's that way.

• I nearly convince Gabriel to blow up the tavern door by asking "Would you blow it up if I paid for it?", to which I overhear, "What is it with you two?!?".

There's probably more, but those are the one's I can recall off the top of my head! :D

Ah it was an excellent event, it's always good to be at the castle, although the drive is a pain (yes I know it's a fraction of the drive to Chicago, but I'm not dragging a trailer with me to Chicago ^.^....yet)

Favorites for me from the top of my head in no particular order.

1.) All the help with clean up - Seriously folks, this was one of the easiest clean ups from my side, it was soooo nice not to have to spend all my time assigning people to things.
2.) NecroGoblin in the dark, especially Thorador's look when he ate 3 deaths in a row (lousy cloak walls)
3.) Goblin at the gate, I bottomed up a celestial 8-5 block almost entirely before Gabriel cracked me upside the back of muh head.
4.) Plot revelations - Some of this stuff was LITERALLY written 5 years ago, I wasn't sure it would ever be shared/found.
5.) Kyra playing the oracle princess, she did a much better job at portraying the part than I could ever do.
6.) Waking up in the morning to here Alexander's rifting in call.
7.) Feeling accomplished for getting the mechanicals going in the morning since the ranger forget to turn on the hot water ^.^
8.) Randomly seeing Defender members working together.
9.) Watching my two newest team members set off the explosive trap....doh!
10.) Charissai RP, although I'm pretty sure that Asura character is just angling for a nice Chrismas bonus. :p
11.) New faces! I always love new faces at game.
12.) The look on Taylor's face when I told him 'Play to your full skill, I'm going to make it unfair against you in other ways.'
13.) Artemis's valor in the face of death and refusing to bargin even when it was clear he was about to lose.
14.) Breaking poor Rob at the Greesy spoon restaurant on the way home.
15.) Working out our return to Camp Salie (okay so not an event favorite, but I'm only a day off here...)

You forget Dave i drove farther than chicago to play your game. ;)

tets said:
You forget Dave i drove farther than chicago to play your game. ;)

I forget no such thing ^.^

Thanks for putting on such a great event. I got to NPC last year, but by far I enjoyed PC'ing the castle much more! It is easily my favorite event for this year as well.

My favorites included and in whatever order my brain is coming up with them:

*The NPC's & plot staff for being awesome and making this happen!
*Watching after Rahra over various fights through the course of the event to make sure she wasn't getting herself killed.
*Alexander and his wake up call sat morning.
*Explaining to others the benefits of devouring hearts of your foes, and watching the utter disgust of some as I point out how Rahra ripped the heart out of one of the fallen gnolls.
*Watching a piece of candy given to one of the gnolls who proceeded to get extremely hyper and dance about as his troll handler tried to keep him from doing so.
*Nakira carrying my dead body back to the healers Saturday night right between several phase pair and only taking 1 hit. I couldn't help but smile when she said something along the line of "don't pay attention to us" under her breathe. She dropped me down and Asher began casting only to have a hold called mid incant.
*Discussions with Rhys (verbally) & Pandora about the stars as we watched the remnants of the meteor shower.
*Giving my second resurrection story, this time to a PC. You know I had to tag a moral into that Artemis. ;) Mmmm the baconey goodness...
*The Griffon guard was great! All but that one moment when Valentino called me a cat as I walked past. Pivoting on foot and glaring him down until he apologized.
*Kit walking up to me thinking I was Talitha. It was bound to happen.
*The chess mod where I learned how to play chess (Player knows how, char didn't). Also, STOP with the Terminates! :tears:
* Tasty vittles!
*Catnip fun with Rahra
*Trying to tear down the necromatic fonts and sitting there as the undead kept spawning but walking away from me.
*Kato telling me he had Peppermint. When he didn't hand it over, I started rummaging through all of his gear, under his mattress and all. Rhys trying to stop this throws a packet of peppermint tea at me and runs screaming down the hall. She convinced Tondra to hide under a table with her in the tavern. After hunting Rhys down and demanding we go find something to fight she reluctantly agrees to spar with me 2 claws vs my 1 in the courtyard.

I'm sure there is more, but that is what I've got right now.

Back