Character builder spreadsheet tool

All elves get -1 body :)

I decided to take a screenshot to help justify my reasoning (page 50 of the rule book if curious) and if I'm wrong, then so be it! I don't want to cause any conflict whatsoever

stuffs_zpscyziuzap.png

All classes start off with 6 body, not all races. Page 39 lists all race advantages/drawbacks

All classes start off with 6 body, not all races. Page 39 lists all race advantages/drawbacks
Ah classes that was my mistake
It's funny how little things like that can just go over your head if you're not careful... Thanks and sorry for any trouble

No problem. In answer to your first question, manually changing anything in a grey box will wipe out any automatic calculation that's being done there, so if you had manually changed that to 6, in addition to it not matching what's on your actual character card initially, it wouldn't get updated as you go up in level.

One last thing if you have the time (sorry if this doesn't belong here or anything like that but I didn't want to create a whole new thread for it) some races can't use two-handed swords or blunts but a staff seems to be a different category than two-handed blunt. Would a 2h blunt be something like a large hammer and would someone with the inability to use a 2h blunt be able to use a staff/polearm?

EDIT: OH yeah! There's another thing but about the spreadsheet. The spell area where it has Primary X and Secondary X are the spell slots right? When it says Primary/Secondary F is that for Formal Magic?

Last edited:
Yes and yes. 2-handed edged, 2-handed blunt, and staff are 3 separate skills. Many of the races that have the other 2-handed weapons restricted also have staff restricted, but not stone elves, if that's what you're looking at.

I improved the labels on the spell rows, though, and released version 1.12. How would you like to be credited for the suggestion?

So I don't really like to criticize or point out flaws and failures but in the interest of making this amazing tool the best it can be for everyone, I have noticed a few bugs here and there that may or may not be intentional.

Ex1.
brokeQM_zpssclcuf2d.png

It appears that if you put in too many build points (as in bp you don't have) into a skill/category that would work with more bp, it seems to work just fine. (Again not sure if intentional or not or if this even helps but... here it is)

Ex2.
yeah.broke_zpsu5rqvowg.png

There is an error here and no red colored box next to it for helpfulness (More of a minor suggestion than a bug really I suppose) Just things to keep in mind and maybe take a looksie at if you want to.
And again: Thank you for taking time to create this wondrous and useful tool for all of us!

Version 1.13 released! Follow the instructions in the OP to upgrade.
- Fixed bug caused by Google Sheets upgrade that prevented sheet from accurately taking into account skill containment when coloring if a row was available for purchase or over-purchased.
- Added a validation message for overspending build. I honestly never thought of that.

As above, this has been super helpful, and has been a staple for tracking my character since the Denver chapter opened.

As a suggestion, can we get wands added to the weapons damage list / calculation? (1+9ths for Celestial), Charges are total number of Celestial Spell slots.

Sure. Version 1.14 now available.

PS - I approve of this new practice of prefacing all feature requests with praise.

Hey there designer of this delicious character builder tool thingummywut!
I don't know why but I feel like spells (mainly celestial/necromantic spells and maybe even earth spells with like a reverse damage or whatever) should either be added to the damage chart or to a chart of it's own. As with one of my posts above, this is just a suggestion and you can take however long you want to think about it or even not decide to add it at all. Completely up to you (plus I kind of think it's a weak idea but I still felt like mentioning it)

That's a bit outside the scope of the ACB, since those things don't change as you level. However, if you make it for your own use and share it with me, I'll consider adding it.

Version 1.15 is here, incorporating the new body and build rules! This one almost everyone is going to want to upgrade to because the aforementioned changes affect everyone. Upgrade instructions are still the same, though.

Thanks for the quick turnaround!

Back