Character builder spreadsheet tool

Looks like Build:R2's formula got copied as a value rather than as a formula, so it's now hardcoded to Sr. The old formula was "=VLOOKUP(Q2,'Class Abbreviations'!A:B,2,FALSE)"

love the sheet, but the Templar numbers don't match up.

love the sheet, but the Templar numbers don't match up.
I just compared all the Templar costs in the spreadsheet to the costs listed in the ARB 1.3 and found no discrepancy (Human Templar, to avoid Racial adjustments); Body Point calculation also seems to be correct. Is there something specific you noticed that I may have missed?

I just compared all the Templar costs in the spreadsheet to the costs listed in the ARB 1.3 and found no discrepancy (Human Templar, to avoid Racial adjustments); Body Point calculation also seems to be correct. Is there something specific you noticed that I may have missed?

Since the current version of the sheet linked is broken on the class dropdown, the sheet doesn't update, therefore making all build numbers (except for Scholar) incorrect.

Since the current version of the sheet linked is broken on the class dropdown, the sheet doesn't update, therefore making all build numbers (except for Scholar) incorrect.
That's not technically true? The spreadsheet still calculates how much build is spent for each class and how much Body each would have, but without changing the cell R2 to "=VLOOKUP(Q2,'Class Abbreviations'!A:B,2,FALSE)" like you've posted above, the Free Build (cell D2) and Body Point total (cell B4) just won't autocalculate correctly.

You can still use it as-is by using the top few rows of the spreadsheet; use cells F2 through L2 if you want an over/under comparison of Build Point costs for the skills selected and cells F4 through L4 if you want to compare total Body Points. :) It's not the most elegant solution, but until the spreadsheet is fixed it'll have to do.

Unless I have an old book, or am doing math poorly :)

weapon Proficiency per sheet costs 40, per rule book costs 6 and I have to sell back 4 crit attacks to get it.

Unless I have an old book, or am doing math poorly :)

weapon Proficiency per sheet costs 40, per rule book costs 6 and I have to sell back 4 crit attacks to get it.
As noted above, the spreadsheet is currently hard-set to display the Scholar costs in the Cost column (column D), but there are a couple of ways around this.

1) You can just look at column K to see the results of Skill purchases for Templar; the costs are all accurate there, with row 4 giving you an accurate Body Point total for the build required for selected skills; if using the Build Override box, row 2 will also tell you how much build you have free to spend (if it's positive) or how much extra build you need to have all chosen skills (if negative). Your Validation box will likely end up yelling at you at some point using this method, but if it's only a "You need X more build" message and cell K2 isn't a negative number you can safely ignore it.

2) You can manually force the spreadsheet to calculate everything for a Templar. If you look at the top of the spreadsheet, you should note that it goes straight from column Q to column S; in between those columns there should be a set of arrows that looks something like this [<>]. If you click that, it will show column R, but more specifically cell R2, which should have "Sr" already in it. That's the abbreviation for Scholar, and the spreadsheet references this abbreviation when calculating just about everything in columns B and D; since you want Templar, delete Sr and put in T, which will force the spreadsheet to calculate everything for a Templar.

3) You can make the Class drop down menu work properly. If you follow option 2 up to the point where you change what goes into cell R2, instead of putting in T, instead put in "=VLOOKUP(Q2,'Class Abbreviations'!A:B,2,FALSE)" (no quotation marks, credit to IMoriarty). This will make R2 autofill the proper abbreviation of the Class chosen in the drop down, which will change the spreadsheet as noted in option 2.

I recommend using option 3, but if you're afraid you're going to mess something up by messing with cells and references, option 1 is the safest bet until a revision is made to the source sheet. :)

ETA: If anyone is having issues with the instructions for options 2 or 3, feel free to PM me and I'll do what I can to help you out.

perfection! thanks

My wife and I both use the spreadsheet, so it is very helpful thanks again.

Hey yall! New player from out in Kansas. This spreadsheet is a wonderful tool. However, it appears the link we have, the fighter build is broken! Is there an updated version? The fighter column will show what the correct build should be, but choosing fighter as a class on the link we were given does not change the build costs! (He was makin a MWE fighter using: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sp71QOM-o5YzHfX3kY7dYr6WBmowYqIY6PxtdRsRvZc/edit#gid=0 ) please help! Thankyou!

The options for fixing that issue are written in detail two posts above yours; option 2 relies on brute forcing the sheet to do what you want and will require you to look up the proper abbreviation for Fighter (my gut instinct says it should be F), option 3 will permanently fix the issue.

I'm about to go to sleep, but if you hit any snags PM me and I'll try to get you sorted sometime in the next 12 hours. :)

Sorry for the late update. There must have been a bug in the forum notification software, because I didn't get this notification until Lia's today. Version 1.16 has the fix. Thanks IMoriarty for the original report, and Sage of Legaia for the intermediate fix.

Replaced Gypsy with Selunari in version 1.17.

As a suggestion, could you also include max armor classes can wear, since that varies per class (and can get weird if you have wear extra armor ranks)?

Question about the discrepancy in XP to build. The spreadsheet says 7284 starting XP is 152 build. The logistics datsbase says 151. Is this due to the new starting level of 2? Is there a workaround? Thanks. This is a great tool.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180524-100308.png
    Screenshot_20180524-100308.png
    236.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20180524-100313.png
    Screenshot_20180524-100313.png
    241.9 KB · Views: 6
This tool is wonderful! My husband was looking for the Weapon Proficiency though to add to his build so the points come out right, and we were not seeing it. There is one that sates Proficiency, but it costs 15 for his fighter type instead of the rule books 3? He has all 4 of his criticals denoted onto his sheet. Thank you for any help on what we have missed!

Each purchase of Weapon Proficiency (or Backstab) includes the cost of the prerequisite Critical Attacks (or Back Attacks); it costs 15 per purchase for a Fighter to reflect this (12 for the cost of the 4 Critical Attacks, plus the 3 for the Weapon Proficiency itself).

This tool is wonderful! My husband was looking for the Weapon Proficiency though to add to his build so the points come out right, and we were not seeing it. There is one that sates Proficiency, but it costs 15 for his fighter type instead of the rule books 3? He has all 4 of his criticals denoted onto his sheet. Thank you for any help on what we have missed!

You have to Manually 'sell back' the critical attacks and buy the Weapon Prof, that's why it comes out to 15 build=)

Back