[.11] Character Management Application - Free Play

Nothing has changed about Goblin Stamps from the perspective of how they work.

As time goes on we'll make views a bit better. But here's the home page if you have goblin stamps and purchases.

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 6.39.51 PM.png

I haven't been uploading them for a lot of chapters because most of that functionality is still managed in 1.3 and I wanted to avoid people buying back blankets and stuff.

This is an example of my testing setup for the CMA for goblin stamps:

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-8_16-42-31.png
    upload_2019-1-8_16-42-31.png
    116.4 KB · Views: 19
On the screen for your character, you can see what monthly blankets you are able to buy back. Mine are only Oregon and DS because that is where my character is housed.

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-8_16-44-19.png
    upload_2019-1-8_16-44-19.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 17
That looks great. How do we gobby events at other chapters where we have gobbies? Will that appear in the goblin blanket interface if you have enough gobbies available? Or is it a separate interface from the monthly blankets? (I'm also fine with "you'll find out when we finalize that answer.")

That looks great. How do we gobby events at other chapters where we have gobbies? Will that appear in the goblin blanket interface if you have enough gobbies available? Or is it a separate interface from the monthly blankets? (I'm also fine with "you'll find out when we finalize that answer.")
It is not 100% implemented yet so you'll have to wait to find out. :D Things could change at any moment.

For starters on the event itself likely. That character view is getting pretty big.
I think I probably need to create a separate view for purchasing stuff.

I could include a list of eligible events (IE ones that you have no conflicts with and gobs for)
I could probably also create a list of potentially eligible events. (You don't have credit during the days of the event but, you have no gobs).
I think that later would be a good feature to encourage cross chapter donations.

Anyone know why none of my goblin (or dragon) stamps are in the tool?

They're implemented. DS isn't being imported yet, and some chapters have opted not to import GS yet. Those that do may have incomplete records about player email addresses, in which case they don't get associated with you.

Ah, I haven't been in it in a while so I didn't realize Chris got that part up and running. I guess Sean needs to poke at our logistics team to get his GS uploaded then.
Thanks for the updated Ken!!

Anyone know why none of my goblin (or dragon) stamps are in the tool?
Oregon Logistics is not tracking goblin stamps in the CMA at this time, as we are waiting for a feature that allows us to limit the purchase of monthly blankets with Oregon to only players who have purchased an annual membership.

Edit: (And a feature that lets us see how many goblin stamps a player has and the transaction history).

Last edited:
Ah, I haven't been in it in a while so I didn't realize Chris got that part up and running. I guess Sean needs to poke at our logistics team to get his GS uploaded then.
Thanks for the updated Ken!!

It's pretty much always been supported. I just haven't been uploading them because it doesn't matter. Chapters are using 1.3 databases until the official switch over. Nothing in the database now is permanent and most of it will get deleted prior to launch.

Oregon Logistics is not tracking goblin stamps in the CMA at this time, as we are waiting for a feature that allows us to limit the purchase of monthly blankets with Oregon to only players who have purchased an annual membership.

Edit: (And a feature that lets us see how many goblin stamps a player has and the transaction history).

You're going to wait a long time for the first one, maybe forever. I have made it clear to the other owners that I plan to resist aggressively anything that stops the app from being self service. Blocking folks from spending goblin stamps is counter to that self service model that's core to the principles of the app.

The CMA puts the responsibility of character management more on the player. But to do that they need to be able actually manage their characters.

You'll have the second one in a few weeks. It's part of that members view that I'm working on.

Last edited:
Although I guess this thread started out as a Free Play Thread it's turned into a lot of questions about the CMA in general.
Since Ken's been working on undo and better spell buying I've been working on memorization and battle boards.

You can now created "Memorization Lists" and attach them to a preregistration. When you do you'll get a nice little battle board.
Once you have spells just look under you character sheet.
Screen_Shot_2019-01-12_at_2_45_33_PM.png

Create as many as you'd like.

In your preregistration you will have the option to set them.
Screen_Shot_2019-01-12_at_2_49_35_PM.png
And when your chapter exports your character sheet from the preregistration they'll automatically be included in your battleboard.
They also include incants as you see, so you won't forget them.

I've attached an example export. This shows what you'll get at logistics.

Attachments

• south_michigan_prereg_2019_01_12_20_50_24_utc.pdf
    62.2 KB · Views: 11
Maybe as a minor suggested feature, when displaying an event, could you display how many blankets it is? To be clear, 1-day events and mod-days give different amounts of XP, and both will show up as a single date in the UI, which makes it impossible to distinguish. Its also useful for distinguishing 3-day events.

(This is also relevant if you are trying to pay for a secondary character blanket.)

Maybe as a minor suggested feature, when displaying an event, could you display how many blankets it is? To be clear, 1-day events and mod-days give different amounts of XP, and both will show up as a single date in the UI, which makes it impossible to distinguish. Its also useful for distinguishing 3-day events.

(This is also relevant if you are trying to pay for a secondary character blanket.)

Why don't you go take a look at an event now. ;)

Off topic... But what are mod days? I have seen it mentioned a few times and I've always been curious.

1/2 a faire, basically. Usually run by request of a group of players for that specific group. Chapters that do them usually also require that the players do all the foot work for securing NPCs, etc. and only staff/supply what's needed otherwise.

Back