Character Rewrites With New Edition???

Well i can actually prove that the fighter she is talking about has only memorized detect magic since he has learned his one celestial spell slot.

Ryan Zabawa
Chicago Head of Logistics
Traverse City Logistics Team
Chicago Marshal
Traverse City Marshal

Dreamingfurther said:
*knocks on wood*

Seriously though, Resist Magic could use a little bit of a buff. As it stands now it is tecnically worse than a spell shield because it cannot resist Dragon Magic. I think it would be more balanced if it could resist any non-gas packet delivered (and thus magical) attack once per day. *shameless Dark Elf plug* ;)

I'd gladly take a Resist Magic over a Spell shield. The main point, you can chose when to use it.......

Togashin said:
Well i can actually prove that the fighter she is talking about has only memorized detect magic since he has learned his one celestial spell slot.

Ryan Zabawa
Chicago Marshal
Traverse City Marshal

Just so he can loot the body's magic items easily. That's what detect magic does, no? I've yet to need to learn magics other than curatives. :oops:

Yeah... but he should just take everything... or just get read magic and cast the detect off of scrolls.

perhaps he took the first level celestial to have 5th level scrolls so he had spell shields too

Kayden said:
perhaps he took the first level celestial to have 5th level scrolls so he had spell shields too

Nope, he's never used a scroll

Thats his own fault then. If you spent that much build and didn't use that resourse....well I'd say not very brite....

That's just silly.

Togashin said:

Ryan Zabawa
Chicago Marshal
Traverse City Marshal

Rock on.

Now Jesse is going to laugh at you even harder.

Fearless Leader said:
The way things are going, I wouldn't plan on a new Rule Book until next winter, with the new rules going into effect next season.
Does "next winter" mean "this coming winter" or "the winter after that"?

My next season is autumn... we play pretty year-round, so that phrase is more than a little imprecise for me.

My guess would be late 09/early 10

What! I thought that comment clearly meant the end of 08 beginning of 09... wow I don't think I'll even bother reading posts about the new book until it says. "Order your new rulebook now, it has been released" ;)

Dreamingfurther said:
What! I thought that comment clearly meant the end of 08 beginning of 09... wow I don't think I'll even bother reading posts about the new book until it says. "Order your new rulebook now, it has been released" ;)

Well you've got to figure that the owners are probably going to want to discuss further rules stuff at the Symposium which is not until the end of August.

Which leaves 3-4 months to write, proof & edit the book.

Based on past experience, that is highly unlikely.

But possible, I suppose.

If we are talking NEXT winter 09 or 10 then do we have time for more rules changes?

though dont want to puch it further back

FW

There's a bunch from what I hear.

But its top secret.

I could tell you but then I would have to kill you.

And Amnesia you.

So technically I would just have to amnesia you, but really the killing is the fun part.

Back