Checklist for first event

One of the most important things to bring to the event is DO and/or body spray and soap/towel for showers. Most campsites (especially FairePlay) have excellent shower facilities. Use them!

Make sure you put on you DO each day. Re-apply it if it is really warm. Your fellow players will THANK you!

And if you are playing a barbarian/vansir... you can still wear DO and wash. It isn't a racial requirement to be smelly. ;p

Oh and if you smell good you may find willing "snuggle" buddies for those cooler evenings in the tavern.

- J

<<< Oh and if you smell good you may find willing "snuggle" buddies for those cooler evenings in the tavern. >>>

I call b*llsh*t. I always smell good (at least I think I do) and I never have a snuggle buddy.

Hmmm.... maybe that's because Ivan would feel guilty and would have to spend the rest of the event repenting for impure thoughts....

Okay, nevermind.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

This has been said, but I am saying it again.....

Bring extra socks! Lots of layers! At least two changes of clothes!

It will likely be wet and chilly.

But it will be fun!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

heheheheh every time i see some of the pictures people have as their signature or their icon doo hicky thingy i see PCs who have beat the bajeebus outta me while i was NPCing but the most absolutely MOST frustrating was when i was NPCing an undead thingy jigger and every time i'd take ONE step towards trying to whack at a PC someone would kill me instantly. And one person kept BINDING me every time and as i was ripping free i'd get killing blowed. so that happened for THREE popcorn lives finally i went to the other side of the battle where i rifted in and was promptly earth stormed two times in a row without taking a step and figured i would just give up! hehehehe but yeah....one of your pictures looks like the mwe "binder" tee hee but i still love ya!

If you start your rip count before they start the KB count it doesn't work - you've now moved and interrupted it. The count started first wins, not who counts faster.

Actuaully you can start your rip out even after they start there killing blow, because one you start your rip out the kb is disrupted. But obvously if the kb is at 3 you can't start to rip out hehehe....

Aven said:
One of the most important things to bring to the event is DO and/or body spray and soap/towel for showers. Most campsites (especially FairePlay) have excellent shower facilities. Use them!

Make sure you put on you DO each day. Re-apply it if it is really warm. Your fellow players will THANK you!

And if you are playing a barbarian/vansir... you can still wear DO and wash. It isn't a racial requirement to be smelly. ;p

Oh and if you smell good you may find willing "snuggle" buddies for those cooler evenings in the tavern.

- J

*drool*

perhaps I should forget that sleeping space and bring a tent
Do is inportan but I got a lot of smelly socks so im in trouble!

There's been talk of bringing extra socks, etc. Let me expand on that: every event, I buy an entirely new pack of socks, just for that event. Right before you go to bed, put on a fresh pair. There is nothing as rejuvenating.

In that same vein, if you're at a cold event and no matter how many layers you have on or how much hot liquid you drink you can't seem to warm up? Try to remember when was the last time you changed your socks. If it takes you too long to remember, go change them.

Damp feet will pull the heat out of your body like you wouldn't believe.

I nearly peed myself laughing at this string of posts:
1: the luke skywalker lego icon dude who started this string I LOVE IT!
2: repent??? hehehehehehe too funny
3: if you're NPCing bring your own pouch or belt with pouch on it. I've never seen an NPC camp with an abundance of pouches for dying NPCs to keep treasure in
4: bring patience and understanding. no one sleeps for 24 hours before an event and no one sleeps during an event so sometimes people are cranky. don't take it personally. they're usually really cool after a nap
5: the socks is SO IMPORTANT
6: for NPC two pairs black sweat pants 2 long sleeved black t shirts

that's all i can think of.

The Utah chapter has lots of pouches for #3, but other than that, yes. #6 is also nice, but for comfort's sake I would suggest more

Back