clearly

I will say that I hope that there will be no fighting between sensless mobs... racial disputes can be resolved without violence. The mystics where I'm from have been trying to prove this for generations. Perhaps we can talk this over instead of throwing around slander and racial slur.... Swing not your swords at each other, this is not a war needed.

I would that there were no quarrels with this, my dear Eldandiril. But alas! The issue stands with suspicion concerning whether or not Roma bring undead. Long and short of it besides the sterotypes imprinted on my people for generations. You know the stealing babies and all of that when we could easily just have them ouselves.

My point is that this goes beyond a racial dispute. I wish that were all it were. But there is a real and present danger with Romani in the lands and I for one wish to see it resolved.

There is NO question!

Gypsies BRING UNDEAD! I defy you to deny it!

Joe Tatcher

Marcena said:
Long and short of it besides the sterotypes imprinted on my people for generations. You know the stealing babies and all of that when we could easily just have them ouselves.
quote]

Marcey, you make a claim from your experience on behalf of your entire race. You say that it is merely a stereotype that your people steal babies and bring undead. When it is in MY experience that gypsies have. Let this stand to reason a girl of less than twenty year's word against the truth of a man of over two thousand.

As for the danger gypsies may face in Wayside, my advice is this:

Feel free to risk your life as well as the lives of your friends and the residents of Wayside. I'm sure that your selfish nature can approve of all the death for your sake. But you will throw the greatest of tantrums when someone kills a bug trying to eviscerate them, the logic is sound you think of bugs as people and you think of people as bugs.

Feel free to curse as your kind is so prone to do to those who may dissent from your every whim.

-Cazik yes-

You may think I am cold hearted, you're not the first.

I lend no credibility to the attraction undead have to Rom (Gypsy) however if Marcena is so quick to condone the actions of a necromancer simply because he is sanctioned then perhaps there is a merit of truth to the comment about the undead following the Rom.

Concerning that, I were merely led to believe that there lies a difference between a necromancer and a chaotician. That one is malicious the other studious.

This is foolish. Saying the Rom, as a whole, are any more attracted to destruction and villainy as any other race is just dimwitted. All races have their villains. Kazik yes, Joe Tatcher, I'm sure you've met your fair share of Rom criminals, but haven't you also met elven, animal folk, dwarven, hobling, and all the rest as well? If you want to talk numbers, Humans are, by far, the most evil race in Fortannis simply because they spread in the greatest numbers and, as such, they have the greatest numbers of criminals - so, if anything, it is humans, not Rom, who should be villified. Do the actions of a single or even small group of humans reflect the entire race? if I point to a human Lich, do you take her values as your own? Does that make any sense?

Dramthin Hartsboon
Simple Keeper of the Tainted Grove

For once I agree with Dramthin... I've met many a race with Villians... Looking back.... in my life in the last five years, there was a barbarian, dwarf, romani, high ogre, two wild elves, a fox and a stone elf who were ALL Evil people.... But this doesn't mean I'm going to go out of my way to say that because of those people, others of their race were bad too. If that were the case I surely would have no friends. I wouldn't have Bob, Mariel, Kitsune, the late Uder, Marcy, Arki, Rezzik, or TadRon, to name a few of the folks I hold dear...

I love you too, Eldandiril! Is good to finally hear a kind word upon the case.

But Dramthin, please do nye villify any other race while trying to prove our argument. Perhaps may be the only language men like those in the GFW will understand but.....I fear that such speech only fans the flames of hatred. Pour salt on the wound when we ought provide the plaster. I know nye what to say in the defense of Romanichal but for what you said, but they shall perhaps ne'er believe......this ought be pitied rather than despised, I think.

Clearly this issue is not one that can be resoloved easily, I am sure however that we can all seek to keep a civil tongue, and a peaceful blade, while in the confines of Wayside, there is far to much to do to focus on assaulting those that would aid you. As to Gypsies drawing undead, the Order has been studying the area around Wayside throughly, and there is not an undead to be seem, gypsie or no. It seems foolish to bicker about wether a rock is a magnet or not when there is no metal around...

I agree with Lurin, this issue can not be resolved by communicating thru the dreams back and forth. Yes it is true it appears that Romani bring undead. I have done some research on the matter along with the Order and almost every recorded undead attack has had a corrorilation with the Romani. This does not mean that Romani do bring undead though. Let me make something very clear. Quassim was an appetence with the Earth Guild of Arbor. When he disappeared two years ago he had just learned the 5th circle of Earth magic and his comrades in the guild searched for him frantically. I even recall a bounty of 10 gold leading to him being brought home safely, how then does an apprentice who does not know formal become a vampire?

Some one that we do not know turned Quassim into an undead. Perhaps it was Lady Death, or some other undead. The records in Arbor do not list names or types of undead in Wayside. Perhaps the Brotherhood of the Light has more detiailed records. But, I find it very odd that for the 350(OOG that number should be correct if not sorry) years that Wayside has been around, there has been a correlation between Romani and Undead. This is not a problem that will simply disappear with the destruction of one vampire. There is an outside force whom we do not know that has caused this so called ‘curse’. And when he, she, they, or it feel like it is time they will make themselves known.

Liddia FallingStar

well... ah don't know bout all dat bout ah Know he was a gypsie....

Joe Tatcher

Joe,

In the lands through the mists where I'm originally from, we had an undead problem (and still do). The vampires and undead from the land north of town were all created by the Dark Lord... The Dark Lord was a dark elf. And the other powerful vampire was of the DeMarco family... who are humans... So whether or not Quassim was a Romani had anything to do with it. Generally vampire lords don't care what race you are, just that you belong to them. Liddia's right, some one had to have created Quassim, and likely against the poor boy's will. I'm sure that there is a much bigger evil behind this... we might have to find out who it is... just add it to the long list of things we have to do this year.

but what about all the rumors of undead spawnin from the ground when people cast chaos?

Joe Tatcher

Ghost said:
Cazik said:
Marcena said:
Long and short of it besides the sterotypes imprinted on my people for generations. You know the stealing babies and all of that when we could easily just have them ouselves.

Marcey, you make a claim from your experience on behalf of your entire race. You say that it is merely a stereotype that your people steal babies and bring undead. When it is in MY experience that gypsies have. Let this stand to reason a girl of less than twenty year's word against the truth of a man of over two thousand.

As for the danger gypsies may face in Wayside, my advice is this:

Feel free to risk your life as well as the lives of your friends and the residents of Wayside. I'm sure that your selfish nature can approve of all the death for your sake. But you will throw the greatest of tantrums when someone kills a bug trying to eviscerate them, the logic is sound you think of bugs as people and you think of people as bugs.

Feel free to curse as your kind is so prone to do to those who may dissent from your every whim.

-Cazik yes-

You may think I am cold hearted, you're not the first.

This is ironic, for in my travels (which I consider to be considerable given my paltry relative age to yourself) I have seen nothing but destruction sewn by corrupted, power-hungry beings who would choose to change their very essence to further their lust for power cause the very things you accuse Gypies (and Marcena in particular) of doing. Beings such as yourself, in case you couldn't tell by my description, brief as it was and dim as you are. From trying to destroy towns from within and out right murder, to trying to unravel the very weave of existence. Should those around you then consider you a blight on their existence and purge you from their lands?

Perhaps it is you who needs to be hunted like a dog. It wouldn't be hard, I've killed things far older and far stronger than the likes of you to protect those dearest to me before. And given past experiences, I will kill for those reasons again before my time on this plane is up.

(Hopefully my point is not lost on you (or anyone else in your silly group of ignorance). I do detest the dreaming lands, as I much prefer sleep.)

just a little question regarding the statements in the perenthesis. how is that intended to be read? by just me or is that a meaning you thought you conveyed with your words but thought that i would not have caught otherwise? or is it an attempt at acting one way that is the statments not in parenthesis and then haveing the intended recipent act like a fool/liar when he trys to cite what you said?

and if anyof those are the case then let me just say this.....Pidgeon.

Cazik

Joe,

I'm pretty sure that for undead to just sprout from the ground you need something for the animated dead to animate... which means that undead must be made from the dead. If undead burst from the ground than there were bodies buried there before hand. Not to mention that there are specific spells in the earth studies that pertain to the animation of undead, as well as its destruction.

All this knowledge comes from hanging out with all sorts of earth casters. :)

(Drake, I don't think that there was anything meant to be private about Avaran's message... paranthesis usualy indicates a pointing out of things the reader may not catch, or additions to statements not nessesarily (but often times amusing) pertaining to the entire conversation)

Ghost said:
Beings such as yourself, in case you couldn't tell by my description, brief as it was and dim as you are. From trying to destroy towns from within and out right murder, to trying to unravel the very weave of existence. Should those around you then consider you a blight on their existence and purge you from their lands?

Perhaps it is you who needs to be hunted like a dog. It wouldn't be hard, I've killed things far older and far stronger than the likes of you to protect those dearest to me before. And given past experiences, I will kill for those reasons again before my time on this plane is up.

(Hopefully my point is not lost on you (or anyone else in your silly group of ignorance). I do detest the dreaming lands, as I much prefer sleep.)

How dare you speak such words to my friend. You are truly the one of ignorance if you clam to know anything about us.

If you truly wish to test this "silly group of ignorance" then i dare you to come and test it, if such a dimwitted person as yourself can find your way through the mist.

Togashin said:
Ghost said:
Beings such as yourself, in case you couldn't tell by my description, brief as it was and dim as you are. From trying to destroy towns from within and out right murder, to trying to unravel the very weave of existence. Should those around you then consider you a blight on their existence and purge you from their lands?

How dare you speak such words to my friend. You are truly the one of ignorance if you clam to know anything about us.

If you truly wish to test this "silly group of ignorance" then i dare you to come and test it, if such a dimwitted person as yourself can find your way through the mist.

Togashin,

Avaran is a useless fool whose bark is bigger than his bite. Heck, we saw this in person in Andar. Don't waste the effort on him.

Stoneskull

Back