Closed Chapters Information and the Legacy System

Lurin

Duke
While the summary of the vote should be processed and announced soon I wanted to take a moment and describe the steps the owners have voted in to address the effects of closing chapters.

All chapters that close will now be placed in a 'closed' state until the end of the calendar year 2 years after closing. During this time you are free to use any and all goblin stamps in that chapter for any valid goblin stamp purchase, including monthly blankets, and may continue to house, or create new, characters without change for that time while the chapter is in the 'closed' state.

At the end of the Closed Period, (January 1, 2023 for the Chapters that most recently left) All characters and goblin stamps will be pooled and placed into a single 'Legacy' Chapter. This chapter will also allow you all the goblin stamp and purchasing rights as allowed by current and future rules. Please note that the primary difference between closed chapters and the legacy chapter is the ability to maintain multiple characters for blanketing purposes.

Specific Clarifications.
Characters may be transferred into and out of the Closed and Legacy Chapter without restriction to allow full use of any unused rewards.
This policy includes all chapters closing in 2020, but does not include chapters that closed before that time.
Currently Character transfer requests can be sent to CMARequests@alliancelarp.com for processing.

Can we transfer characters into closed chapters so that we can use up the gobbies we may have laying around?

Can we transfer characters into closed chapters so that we can use up the gobbies we may have laying around?
Specific Clarifications.
Characters may be transferred into and out of the Closed and Legacy Chapter without restriction to allow full use of any unused rewards.
This policy includes all chapters closing in 2020, but does not include chapters that closed before that time.
Currently Character transfer requests can be sent to CMARequests@alliancelarp.com for processing.
Looks like yes.

The intent certainly is that you will be able to transfer around freely. The tech side of it is not yet up and running. Just send emails to the afore mentioned email and the Tech Team will take care of you for now

Is there a rule against continuing to play in both Alliance and a closed chapter? With the same character (Obviously xp would be separate, and I assume that items could only exist in one game.). Or keeping some characters for one game and transferring some to the other game?

I live between alliance chapters and closed chapters, and would really like to play in both.

Is there a rule against continuing to play in both Alliance and a closed chapter? With the same character (Obviously xp would be separate, and I assume that items could only exist in one game.). Or keeping some characters for one game and transferring some to the other game?

I live between alliance chapters and closed chapters, and would really like to play in both.

There is no rule preventing this, Fromwhat I understand closed chapters have their own copy of the CMA from the date of the split and there is no rule that says you can only play a character concept in Alliance. As for items, please check with any other games you wish to play for their conversion or duplication process on items as alliance has no control over that feature of their games.

Alliance does not offer a transfer system to non-alliance larp games for any future characters.

Back