CMA Change Log

Any chance that a ritual charge entry could include the MI #, or even a short reference to the MI #? Mostly for purposes of tracking which weapons you've burned your Healing Blade from, or which spellbook you've used your Swap Spell on, etc.

I deployed be43ec029bc0ec68e45995189f4f71e619823a81.

I'm trying out some new breadcrumb nav pieces instead of the links back.
Made Spells a bit prettier to read through.
Added event credit summary for events that have concluded, so chapters can more easily see total summaries of event credit and what types.

Is there a way for free play to have skill sellbacks enabled? If there's a series of undo's that's too long you're unable to sell back and need to reset the whole build.

Is there a way for free play to have skill sellbacks enabled? If there's a series of undo's that's too long you're unable to sell back and need to reset the whole build.

Not with out a bit of work. But, I'll make a ticket. I think that would be really useful.

Is there any way for a multi-pick option to be enabled, even if only for Freeplay?

Example: I want to buy four Parries + all the required XP for them, rather than one at a time?

I’m sure that would be a big ask, but I’m curious.

An option to select multiple skills at once before applying the changes. Similar in concept to how spell slots can be purchased multiple at once.

Alternatively, rather than having a skill-description page, being able to just select and apply skills on the first page (and minimize loading) would make it a faster experience.

I think that's doubtful. I'm pretty happy with how skill purchasing works. Most people buy skills one at a time, there's a few exceptions, like spirit forge, or saving all your xp while npcing. I tend to not support features just for freeplay mode if they aren't super easy to implement. I think for fast character building, your flow probably is better.

So, I don't think there's a lot of useful cases for that beyond building characters in free play mode.

I have a finite amount of time, and the folks working with me as well (We need more engineers! Tell your friends!).

So, I generally only try to support features that a large chunk of the game can benefit from right now, it's why you don't see item caps, level caps, etc.

I'd love for the system to support everything everyone needs but, the reality is that at times this is a second job for me.

There's a few things that I consider musts, right now.

Support for setting High magic
Treasure policy generation
Better printed cards and battleboards (With an optional page that explains your character more, like how much damage you do, what some of your skills do)

From there, I'd like to see some gob spending on preregistration, questions specifically for npcs/pcs. I'd like to start exploring the idea of paypal(or venmo or something) integration. So folks can pay for events when preregging or donate to chapters more easily.

I'd really love for crafters to be able to lock in batches, and have sheets of production printed out in their prereg.

That being said a sell back removed from gobs has future application, I think but, it's not high on the list.

Honestly, what we really need is a video tutorial for new people.

How important do we think it is that it be a video? I can't do video easily but could absolutely put together a PDF or forum post with screenshots and instructions.

I was thinking I'd do a post that was more new-player focused. What @Feldor wrote is great, but if someone is new to Alliance and especially if they're new to LARPing a fair bit of it may not make sense to them. A quick explanation of what all this stuff means, plus walking them through creating a new character.

How important do we think it is that it be a video? I can't do video easily but could absolutely put together a PDF or forum post with screenshots and instructions.

A PDF with screenshots would certainly be an improvement, absolutely. I like the idea of a "Here's how you build an example character" video, but I'll take any kind of resource with imagery. :)

I would also prefer if it's not attached to the forums, specifically, though if it's on the Player Resources page, that's fine. We don't have a lot of participation on the forums, and I don't expect that to change.

@MondayMcGee I really think a pdf is great addition, and I really appreciate your willingness to fix a perceived problem.

Or if you put together the content, maybe we can put it together into into a webpage to link to instead. Like as part of a getting started landing page.

8ed3099486c6594670cd1f59f3f347332b9e2d1b is deploying

Minor
I added some color to the banner to make it look more like the forums and national site.

Patch
Fixes to the breadcrumbs for some logistical views.

A PDF with screenshots would certainly be an improvement, absolutely. I like the idea of a "Here's how you build an example character" video, but I'll take any kind of resource with imagery. :)

I would also prefer if it's not attached to the forums, specifically, though if it's on the Player Resources page, that's fine. We don't have a lot of participation on the forums, and I don't expect that to change.

A PDF with screens would be trivial to turn into a powerpoint with voiceover.

Just sayin'... :)

Back