Coin Design Contest

Kira

Atlanta Staff
Leave your mark on Fortannis with new coinage! Alliance is looking for front and back designs for new coins to begin circulating in 2019.

Design requirements –
  • All designs must be submitted as digital files (Adobe Illustrator preferred), for coin sizes below:
    • Copper: 25mm x 1.6mm 

• Silver: 25mm x 1.6mm

• Gold: 28mm x 2mm 

• Platinum: 28mm x 2mm (*note, the platinum will be silver in color with a gold rim)
  • 1 design should be submitted that can apply for all sizes, with a placeholder denomination
  • Design must include the phrase "Alliance of Fortannis" somewhere on the front or back
There will be a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place to be awarded at the conclusion of the contest, with reward prizes of 200, 100, and 50 Dragon Stamps respectively.

Submissions should be sent to PR@alliancelarp.com by 12/31/18, and the winner will be announced 1/6/19.

Last edited:
To clarify, it says one design may be submitted for all, but does that also mean that in theory individual designs could be submitted for each denomination?

Good question! You are welcome to submit multiple designs, but only one will be selected to win; all designs should be able to be applied to all denominations and scale to the different measurements. I will also clarify this in the original post!

The coins we have now have been circulating for 30+ years in some cases, the next batch will surely do the same - perhaps for even longer they will sit on shelves and remind us of great adventures of our past. I am not sure if I'll have the time to contribute a design, however, I'd like to take the opportunity to suggest that we use this chance to commemorate the friends of the community that we have tragically lost along the way.

For my part I know of three players who have died since I began playing in 1998, only two of which I knew closely - but they contributed huge ripples that have long lasting effects on every aspect of this game we love.

In honor of Joe M. I recommend that one of the coins (or one side of a coin) have the phrase "Hope for the Future" on it. Joe's character Kuwo wrote a manifesto that though IG had an impact on readers OOG and was an inspiring message of truth, and hope.

In honor of JTF I recommend that one of the coins (or one side of a coin) have the phrase "Always Welcome" on it, because and I think any of us that knew John would attest to this, he had the magical ability to make anyone feel welcome.

These phrases are generic enough that they can be passed off as IG concepts in a wide variety of settings. Even as slogans on coin they make moderate sense. ; ) They are also, when taken together, even appropriate for money. As a combined message it also works.. "Hope for the future [is] always welcome."

I sadly did not know Jen well enough to be able to suggest something for her. Every interaction I ever had with her, though, was pleasant.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Henry the Mad

As these coins are intended to be in use across all of Alliance, we aren't able to make this a base requirement for all participants. However, so long as the other guidelines above are observed you are more than welcome to incorporate these into your design submissions and they will be presented to the owners with the possibility of being chosen for circulation.

Back