Coin (or "What? No loot?")

for the tag issue regarding gems, can't you take 2 transparent colored Micheal's gems and glue the tag in the middle?

http://www.craftykits.co.uk/acatalog/gems1.jpg

Like the flat square gems in this picture. Put the gem tag on the flat side of one gem and super glue the other one so the 2 are back to back with the tag safely in between. They might even end up water proof.

Datajax said:
for the tag issue regarding gems, can't you take 2 transparent colored Micheal's gems and glue the tag in the middle?

http://www.craftykits.co.uk/acatalog/gems1.jpg

Like the flat square gems in this picture. Put the gem tag on the flat side of one gem and super glue the other one so the 2 are back to back with the tag safely in between. They might even end up water proof.

It has been done, I have had the things break apart and the tag gone missing. I am not sure if it was done with super glue though.

I've pitched an idea for a universal gem evaluation system across the board (although it is used in the Devia system, yay!), but who knows what will be made of it at any level.

Beyond that, I don't think people will have a big issue with trading most of their small coin for bigger coin. But trading in the bigger coin is unlikely. Speaking for myself, I'd rather have the big coin than any alternate economic device.

- It is accepted by every chapter.
- It doesn't expire.
- It doesn't melt in the laundry.
- It doesn't break off and become worthless.

I'd rather pay a couple more bucks towards a new gold coin order, and let people trade up their small stuff for big stuff to fill in the lower denominations.

I'd like to apoligize... the fuzzies have all your coin.

We have over 2 gold in copper and over 10 gold in silver. People tip us in strange denominations.

Masticon said:
I'd like to apoligize... the fuzzies have all your coin.

We have over 2 gold in copper and over 10 gold in silver. People tip us in strange denominations.

maybe some, but I always just try and give you gold :D

What if there was a denomination of currency that wasn't useful for game play, but was instead a "hoard" denomination? Maybe make it 50-100 gold in value, you could pass these out and reclaim the coins from those stock piling it, and as long as the phys rep is strudy there would be no more risk than one of the current coins.

Datajax said:
What if there was a denomination of currency that wasn't useful for game play, but was instead a "hoard" denomination? Maybe make it 50-100 gold in value, you could pass these out and reclaim the coins from those stock piling it, and as long as the phys rep is strudy there would be no more risk than one of the current coins.

Except that they would have no value outside of the chapter. This is one of the reasons people don't want to change coin into gems... they're only worth what they are in the chapter you get them in.

Dave said:
With Oregon and Seattle both using the same sheet, they are worth something in all NW chapters...
Only for so long as both chapters agree to use them, and are in existence. Gold lasts forever. I can go away for five years, come back, and it is the most likely thing to have not changed. I can travel to an EC event, and not have to worry about it.

Promissory notes are only as valuable as the issuer's ability to fulfill the promise. If I can't turn it in at any time and have 100 gold in hand, then it's not worth the paper it's written on.

There is a habit in many chapters, this one included, of putting out treasure that it takes in. That should stop. The policy is not meant to be an additive pool. Coin taken in during an event should be considered no longer part of the policy. If I, as an NPC, sell two clw potions for five silver, and then get rolled for those same five silver, then the total treasure policy I've put out is 6 silver (1 for the initial potions, 5 for the coin).

hahaha

Who do you order coin from? That is my question. Some mints are cheaper than others, and orders can vary.

I've turned in all but a handful of my coin. I think it is time to order some new stuff...quick everyone throw in 5 bucks 40 peeps = 200 bones, do that every week for a month presto enough for another run.

Hell I'll chip in tell me where to send the moola

I hate to bust in as I enjoy lurking much more, as the current GM of Minnesota I know we are looking into refilling our stock pile as well, I'll get you the specifics as soon as the Owner gets em to me, but by combining our orders it should help the cost for both chapters at least some. :wink:

The coin is in. At April, anyone wanting to trade in silver and copper for larger denimonations is welcome.

Back