Corrupt - Is this ready for use?

Is the version of Corrupt presented in 0.9 balanced and prepared for use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Saephis I can double check, but I'm more than positive that we discussed this as owners and we did not want players tracking multiple timers (when it came to hitting the rez circle if something was missed). @Polare can you confirm this?

Otherwise, we concluded, that having to keep track of your death timer, while then having to keep track of the Corrupt timer, while fighting/defending etc. was way too much to put on any player.

So did Create Undead change as well for 1.3 or even 2.0?

So did Create Undead change as well for 1.3 or even 2.0?

No changes to Create Undead. Merely references to it being in the Necro effect group in the 0.9 rulebook.

I would be shocked if it paused your death timer. I assume it is just poorly worded but works the same as Create Undead functionally.

I would as well, but we can't playtest to what we think the intent should be and get a valid result, we have to playtest to the rules as written.

I voted yes as I only think the writing needs tightening up for clarification and that the undead "package" should be in the description of the spell.

@Saephis I can double check, but I'm more than positive that we discussed this as owners and we did not want players tracking multiple timers (when it came to hitting the rez circle if something was missed). @Polare can you confirm this?

Otherwise, we concluded, that having to keep track of your death timer, while then having to keep track of the Corrupt timer, while fighting/defending etc. was way too much to put on any player.

@Polare can we get an answer on this? Hard to playtest if we don't know the ruling on it.
Or maybe @Tevas can put it in the Q&A.

I'm fairly certain we can all agree that the Death Timer is the one in game we want to ensure runs correctly. That leads to resurrection and possibility of permanent character death if mishandled.

Having someone miss the sleep timer by a minute (either way) is usually not game breaking and I would suspect rarely, if ever, has caused a character death, trip to the Rez circle and permenant character death.

-

Last edited:
On top of all of that, it creates yet another exception to the rules that people have to be aware of. (What? I didn't know my death timer stopped? Should I not have Resurrected?!)

Actually, it sorta removes one. If you get hit with multiple Binding effects, one doesn't override the other. If you get Confined by one person and Pinned by other, you have both effects. Multiple curses? They all stack with their own individual timers. Multiple alchemical effects? Stack. Command was the only exception to the rule.

It's also no real secret that internalized timers are rarely accurate; nobody has an atomic clock in their head. I've heard people grumbling that someone was Dead longer than five minutes, but generally, as long as we don't have reason to suspect it's intentional, we don't really call people out on it.

Sure, you have the possibility of having multiple individual timers going, but that's no different than 1.3. Heck, even if the Command replacement happened, that would -still- be a thing, because we just have a whole bunch of timed effects in our game. That won't really change until we start moving (should we ever do so) to "length of battle" durations.

And still no answer...

-

Last edited:

After looking back over the discussion among the Owners, it appears that there was a snafu with actually voting on this proposal, which is why it didn't make it into the packet. Once the Owners can have a final discussion and vote we can get it in.

I will note that ARC was in favor of suspending the Death Timer for both Create Undead and Corrupt durations (as they should be consistent).

-Bryan

After looking back over the discussion among the Owners, it appears that there was a snafu with actually voting on this proposal, which is why it didn't make it into the packet. Once the Owners can have a final discussion and vote we can get it in.

I will note that ARC was in favor of suspending the Death Timer for both Create Undead and Corrupt durations (as they should be consistent).

-Bryan

Thank You sir

Back