Craftsman Others!

Fynwei

Squire
I'm stuck in a rut... I have to make up another Craftsman other for my MWE.

My first one was Craftsman Other - Selective sheep breeding... (she lives with an old Human Shepherd when she's not wandering and selling her sheep)

I'm debating on Veterinarian, Novice Scribe, Alchemist, and Professional Meddler.

Well, Alchemist is out as it duplicates a production skill...

Anything that duplicates an existing skill is not allowed...

and it should be something that your character could actually make money at...

Oh this is a loaded question, I asked this on the old boards and it exploded to about 200 replies (10 or so useful ones too!)

For myself I always like to tailor my Craftsmen skills to things my Earth Scholar is interested in. My first pick Astronomy was to generate some RP/have an excuse to be out late at night during events and all that.

Back to your question. its seems to me skills like Agriculture, fence mending, flock herding, musical skills, Wool processing (tailoring/expert shearing etc.) would fit well with what you already have. Otherwise think if there was anything interesting you talked about/discussed during the one-day event (despite its more combat pacing). :geek:

animal husbandry
kinda a taking care of all animals, you could have picked it up while tending sheep
guess sheering or wool skills are out?
how about bucher lamb chops are mighty tasty :)

last sugestion would be First aid Animals while its close to a skill its not only used for animals (not intelegent ones)
and might actualy come in handy

PS: you know why the scotts raise sheep on cliffs?
so they will push back when you (insert coment here)

FW

I wouldn't think that Craftsman: Professional Meddler is a viable Craftsman skill, as I'm not sure how you could make money at it.

In a pinch you could simply take another level of your Craftsman: Sheep Breeding.

Fynwei said:

My first one was Craftsman Other - Selective sheep breeding... (she lives with an old Human Shepherd when she's not wandering and selling her sheep)

I'm debating on Veterinarian, Novice Scribe, Alchemist, and Professional Meddler.
Change alchemist to chemist and you should have one.
Also if you sell the sheep or wool merchant works, as does Shearer (aka someone who shears sheep for money)

you actually could take CO: Alchemist. Alchemy was the semi-mystical combination of the physical elements to create the Philosopher's Stone which gives the user Eternal life, changes lead into gold, and grows hair on the bald. all this fumbling about with chemicals, gases, and what not is really the realm of the Apothecary

you could play the 'Alchemist' trade as a mystical dabbler and auger, using her skills to read fortunes, tell the future and otherwise swindle poor famers out of their well-earned coppers. it's amazing what quoting a few latin phrases will do for one's credibility. as long as you don't say you dabble in chemicals and make potions, you're fine

as for other COs which deal with sheeps and animals: farrier (shoes animals); spinster (one who spins wool); dye-maker; Textile merchant; parasitologist

I have heard of craftsman "aminal tracker" being pretty usefull at times and would fit with the sheep craftsman since they do sometimes wander off. =)

Fynwei said:

Relating to sheep: Sheep Herder, Sheep Shearer, Wool Dyer, Weaver

Veterinarian is also good.

If your character uses dogs to herd sheep, then you can use skills such as: Dog Trainer

JIM

trust not advice about sheep from someone who's picture is a fox or wolf ;)

My MWE has tracking as a profession. It has actually been useful in game at times when plot throws out a run away baddie or a kidnapping and I've turned to the marshal and said "I have 6 levels of tracking. Do I notice anything?"

Wilde_Night said:
My MWE has tracking as a profession. It has actually been useful in game at times when plot throws out a run away baddie or a kidnapping and I've turned to the marshal and said "I have 6 levels of tracking. Do I notice anything?"

That sounds like DnD...

Yeah. It does huh? Well sometimes they forget some of us can track so we have to prompt them, ya know. ;)

I love the way I track. LOL. I am sure it has caught a few people off guard.

when making CRAFTSMANs make sure you do them specifically dont just say Craftsman: Crochet
do craftsman: crocheter of blankets

crocheter of hats
crocheter of socks

etc.

also you can do ANYTHING
masseuse
veterinarian sheep specific
food taster
wine taster
hair stylist
make up artist

make sumpin up..
sword polisher, etc.

Personally, regardless of your back story, i feel:

CO: Adventurer

is the perfect choice.

"What do i do for a living? I do this. Even when other 'adventurers' can't be around"

oooh adventurer AAAND you can get paid for it...which is why one would choose a craftsmanship...most the mwes i know are bakers....i know one dwarf who is an awesome brownie maker..but this mwe i know throws good gingersnaps!!!

Back