Did we win?

Balryn

So here is a question I'm going to pose to everyone who considers that we won the war-

Did we?
I have a theory and I think we have a more serious issue at hand than the Strega. In essence I think that the Strega was a ploy. I've been studying chaos theory like this for a long time and have experienced this type of breaking point before.

The realization came before the conflict last week.

Think of it like this-

The Fey said they were all pushed forth from their homes by the Strega. They said that the Strega was the destroyer, the unraveler of the weave. But the Strega wasn't there to kill... she was there to seperate us, to force us into a position were Crochevia could be torn from it's place in the prime realm. For a few hours the town was displaced into what I believe was a portion of the dream realm or perhaps a level of the figment realms.

However something I have studied about dreams is remarkable... you must want things to occur. You must spiritually need the dream or the dream loses itself and unfolds. It's one of the fundamental rules of living in dream or nightmare- the ability to focus thoughts and need into a physical manifestation. Without the thought and the need- the dream ceases to exist.

I believe the town and most of it's inhabitants are in the dream realm or something very similiar and have been for some time. Months or even years perhaps. I believe something may actually be containing this realm for some other reason.

This theory gained more wieght when it was claimed they somehow held the town from the realm to protect it while everything else was repaired. But why? Why would one little town need such special protection? Why did the rest of the world fall apart and we did not? Why would this town be that much more important than the rest of the world and the millions of living beings in it? Why did we need protecting and they did not?

Because our dream is only ours. Because the only thing that was keeping this city and it's inhabitants alive was our cognitive ability to rationalize the town and the people in it. Everything outside of town, the people, the roads, the countries... everything else fell apart because the people trapped here gave up hope.

I think something kept many of the townfolk caged like pets and when the *need* to be back in the world was real enough, important enough, and wanted enough..... the rest of the dream realm solidified into the prison of imagination and dreams. So how do you encourage this? You create an enemy so hated that people are *happy* to recreate the dream. I don't know if anyone died or not a few days ago and the simple question of the matter is left to conjecture. I can't even really say that anyone is a real entity, except for the few individuals who are spiritually bonded to somewhere else and have traveled outside of this realm.

Nightmares and dreams only exists in the subtle conjection of thought.

~Balryn

Actally, I think you are quite wrong, and just blowing smoke. If you really want to know why this town, for both the attack and why it was the focal point when removed, all you need to do is understand the name of the town. You do realise that it is called the crossroads of fate for a reason right?

On another note, why it is half the things I hear you dream seem to be against the fae? Some of them are good, and some of them are bad, but you always seem to lump them into the same pile. All becouse you say that you know what it truely going on with them. Mostly becouse of things other fae in other places do.

Or, you could study the town's history and find out why this town is called the Crossroads of Fate.

This place is where the planes meet, or so it goes. If the Strega was trying to remake the material plane, it's perfectly logical that this would be the LAST place to go.

Kauss said:
On another note, why it is half the things I hear you dream seem to be against the fae? Some of them are good, and some of them are bad, but you always seem to lump them into the same pile. All becouse you say that you know what it truely going on with them. Mostly becouse of things other fae in other places do.
That has to be one of the strangest comments I've heard from you Kauss. I'm questioning their actions 100% of the time and sometimes I support it and sometimes I don't. If nothing else, I'm not blindly accepting the Fey's superior idealogy over what I've seen first hand. I have nothing to hold agaisnt the Fae... they are merely individuals with various amounts of power. However being the "crossroads of fate" really doesn't explain why this place or the people in it needed to be protected more than another place.

I didn't say anywhere above that I knew what the Fey were doing... just that it seems the town is taking them at their word and we don't know exactly what that word is or the original intent.

I've also never met Fae in any other place save here in Iyave... so I don't know why you think this is true that I have opinions of them formed from somewhere else. The Fae of these realms have always been a little off and the ones that seem to populate this area of the realm seem more off balance as a race than most beings of such power level.

~Balryn

Balryn said:
However being the "crossroads of fate" really doesn't explain why this place or the people in it needed to be protected more than another place.

~Balryn

I would really like you all to examine the above statement...
Especially Balryn.

-TD

most_precious_blood said:
I would really like you all to examine the above statement...
Especially Balryn.

-TD
I am examining it... that's why I brought up the question in the first place. A lot of people in this town don't like examining the options even when it may be something that is possible. There are many townships here in Iyave that have symbolic names of one form or another. If everyone wants to chalk up winning the war to local myth they can-

However it is a large chunk of blind faith.

~Balryn

It isn't just local myth, Dachenda

If nothing else, believe that this is the center of the universe.

Even if it's only because of my presence here...
everything is trying to get away from ME as fast as possible.

Balryn
It amazes me you were treated like a Gypsy and you still insist on acting like a Gaje.

Life walking the mists isn't the hug-me-jacket affair you're making it out to be.

We won by our sacrifices and feats of arms. We still have time left, because we paid for it with the blood of another.

Pars acuta in alio
-TD

Balryn
It amazes me you were treated like a Gypsy and you still insist on acting like a Gaje.

Life walking the mists isn't the hug-me-jacket affair you're making it out to be.

We won by our sacrifices and feats of arms. We still have time left, because we paid for it with the blood of another.

Pars acuta in alio
-TD
Sorry Tristan, but my blood doesn't need anyone telling me I'm acting like a Gaje. If you want to toss around such remarks, please do so at the campfire and not in dream. I don't know what tribe bears such insult to family so easily but if that is your intent you should do it in person.

The point being... we didn't win. The Fey even told us that much.

~Balryn

Balryn said:
Sorry Tristan, but my blood doesn't need anyone telling me I'm acting like a Gaje. If you want to toss around such remarks, please do so at the campfire and not in dream. I don't know what tribe bears such insult to family so easily but if that is your intent you should do it in person.

The point being... we didn't win. The Fey even told us that much.

~Balryn

You are talking to the wrong guy about blood, junior. You are entering a world of pain.

Your mistake was assuming I would just let things slide because you're Rom...

It is a sad statement about the Gypsy condition here. There comes a point when you stop talking and the screaming begins.

If you're still so raw about it, come and find me. I have more important matters to attend to than hunting down everyone who wants a piece... well, that kind of piece anyway.

As for by the campfire, dreams are just as real and I'll see you on the field.

One last thing. Most of you are still alive, count that as victory.

Many of you will never know how bad it could have gotten, and I am thankful for that.

-Trystan Dracmere, KBN

Balryn, in the months before my return to Crocevia, I was in Garrenshaw, fighting hard and fast against the forces of the Shadows. In what ended up being the final battle, we were ahead, then things turned bad. Then things turned worse. And faster than you can comprehend, a dragon larger than some islands, larger than some kingdoms, rose and destroyed all of Garrenshaw. All that is left is a few ruins of mighty forests and castles and a charred land that will remain lifeless for centuries. *That's* what not winning is like.

I'll say it again, because I think its important. *That's* what not winning is like.

Crocevia suffered no such fate. We fought the Strega, with everything we had and then some. Blood was shed and lives were lost, but victory was ours. As Jonathan pointed out to you, in another dream, the Hunter told us the Strega's presence is gone. And while I do not trust the Hunter, he benefits nothing by lying to us about that.

Lastly, I've heard you say that you do lots of things you hate, and I understand that. Very, very well. And while I hate to say this, I think it needs saying. When I speak of those who fought the Strega, I know what I speak of, because I know who was there. But when you say "we" I wonder who you mean.

Did we win? Those of us who fought did.

Aziraphel said:
When I speak of those who fought the Strega, I know what I speak of, because I know who was there. But when you say "we" I wonder who you mean.

You took the thought right out of my mind.
~taltos~

Aziraphel said:
Mykell and I fought just as near to the Strega as you did Aziraphel...so I don't know what you are getting at. Mykell and I even set aside our dislike of Diera and kept her alive on the bridge by ourselves when the going was tough.

I'm sorry if I took the time to life Krieger three times in a row... but you mistake skill in utilizing one's environment and not being seen, choosing when to use tactics, and a lifetime of warfare experience with the simple mistake that you didn't see me.

I don't know if you are trying to insinuate that your family didn't fight for this land... because we lost just as many as the common folk of this land.

~Balryn

You are talking to the wrong guy about blood, junior. You are entering a world of pain.

Your mistake was assuming I would just let things slide because you're Rom...

It is a sad statement about the Gypsy condition here. There comes a point when you stop talking and the screaming begins.

-Trystan Dracmere, KBN
Well I'm not your junior, so I'll regard the infringement with the knowledge that you haven't been traveling with Rom for long in comaprison.

I made no mistake that you would let anything slide, yet I'm amazed that you throw insults and even threaten rom. You need to take a breath and realize I'm not your enemy Tristan, I'm your family.

I don't know what condition the sonus are in- but the rom here don't fight amongst themselves.

~Balryn

I honestly have no idea who all was or wasn't involved in that end battle, I was a little dead at the time, even though I was still walking around if you get my meaning. I do know that the Romani of the area took heavy losses fighting off one of our flanks and contributed PLENTY in blood and sacrafice, so let's not go saying who fought and who didn't. I think they did plenty. We all fought, and we all died, and we're left standing while SHE isn't. It might not be winning, but it beats losing all over.

Balryn said:
Well I'm not your junior, so I'll regard the infringement with the knowledge that you haven't been traveling with Rom for long in comaprison.

I made no mistake that you would let anything slide, yet I'm amazed that you throw insults and even threaten rom. You need to take a breath and realize I'm not your enemy Tristan, I'm your family.

I don't know what condition the sonus are in- but the rom here don't fight amongst themselves.

~Balryn

Yes, you are, I am many thousands of times your age. I am many thousands of times your better. I did not threaten you, I told you I would wait until you were up to the task.

My name is Trystan, and my brothers have all gone away. The only family I have are those I call Dachenda.

I'm not a Sonus, I am a Dracmere. My family earns their place in my life.

I was born in a meritocracy.

-TD, KBN

Yes, you are, I am many thousands of times your age. I am many thousands of times your better. I did not threaten you, I told you I would wait until you were up to the task.

My name is Trystan, and my brothers have all gone away. The only family I have are those I call Dachenda.

I'm not a Sonus, I am a Dracmere. My family earns their place in my life.

I was born in a meritocracy.

-TD, KBN
Well Trystan, whether or not a few years is under your belt doesn't make you any better than the youngest Rom.

Obviously you have had a troubled path if you share the blood and believe that family is earned. The blood of the earth fills you viens and it's the same blood in mine. You can say anything you want now, because you've lost the path that burns.

The words you are speaking are hallow. Those words are not those spoken by the lips of rom. You may sing well and fight a good fight, but you've obviously lost something within.

~Balryn

Balryn said:
The blood of the earth fills you viens and it's the same blood in mine.

~Balryn

No it isn't unclean one, not even close.

The blood of Sangua sings in my veins, of Dannah, of Taltos, of Djurimiy, of Aeth, of Dvarn, of Grymnh, of Hulreathe, Hulrazs, and Hulrath.

Family earns their place beside me.... it comes from being betrayed by pathetic half-blood Nilthana Dachenda like you one time too many. My mistake... but I fixed it. You are the greedy human scavenger I have the most problems with, it's funny how the others (being actual Rom) treat me with the respect and understanding accorded to an elder among elders.

You bring shame to the game, child.

As I said, if you're so raw about it, come and find me. You might want to do a little thinking first, since it's quite obvious you haven't done so at any other point in your life.

I don't share the blood, I make theirs immortal.

Balryn, age does make you better in most cases, that's why there are elders in a Gypsy tribe.... You've proven you're both clueless to the ways of your own people, and the ways of the world.

I would ask you to remember respect to those of greater experience and wisdom, but I doubt anyone ever taught you the laws of our first "little mother".

-Trystan Dracmere, KBN

Wouldn't it be best not to show such internal squabbles with all the gaje who care to dream? Both of you should take your private fight away from those eyes who need not see our misunderstandings and think us weak for it.

~Triana Rose Devorjk Laetshi

No,no, continue.

I find it highly entertaining.

But, to answer Balryn's question, yes, we won.

Regardless of what you think, if we're in a dream, if we're really trapped somewhere, whatever.

We still exist. In some form or another. Why question it?

If we find out tomorrow that we're all part of a fae's playground, I'll be the one who enjoyed my time, rather than spent it sitting around questioning reality.

Cade~

Triana,

I don't think anyone thinks gypsies weak for the exchange occuring. There may be people who think that certain persons are weak, or tired, or that they should really just shut up already, but that can be said of just about anybody.

Something I learned as a child some 200 years ago though... "You reap what you sow."

Just some passing words for thought. Just leave the 2 coppers in the donation box if you don't want to keep them.

~Diera

Back