Dinosaur Scavanger?

Unsure

Artisan
I was thinking of the possibilities of the scavanger from another post. Would it be possible to make a dinosaur scavenger or another extint animal? Or the possibility of a germ/bacteria type of scavenger? Could an insect be considered for a scavenger race? I guesse it all comes down to the definition of "animal" as stated in the rule book for scavenger.

B~>

Dinosaur's were certainly an animal at one point, they could be a really cool scavenger race if you figured out how to do up the costume! :)

Well then I geuss there is the other word in the scavenger section about "real" animals- considering the definition of real being that what one could taste touch see or feel as being real. No human could have seen or touched them when they were in existence, so would they still qualify for a "real" animal? I guess that what I'm looking for is more of an intellectual exercise. :)

B~>

Anything that was scienfitically proven to have exsisted at any point on the earth is a real animal.

So im not sure where the debate would be there.

Would it be possible to have several people all play that one Slime Mold character?

markusdark said:
I'd love to see someone play a T-Rex scavenger with the tiny arms/hands. A spellcaster with an effective range of 10 feet.

I've met a caster or two who qualified for this, too.

I remember an old thread about this on the Boards That Were. An amoeba scavenger was said to be anacronistic as people of the time didn't know they existed.

That being said, I've wanted to play a super-paranoid Tasmanian tiger scavenger! "I'm the last of my kind, man! Don't touch me! No! I can't go on an undead fight with you guys I could die! AH! A dirty, disease ridden bug!! Wait for me!!" :D

Marcena said:
That being said, I've wanted to play a super-paranoid Tasmanian tiger scavenger! "I'm the last of my kind, man! Don't touch me! No! I can't go on an undead fight with you guys I could die! AH! A dirty, disease ridden bug!! Wait for me!!" :D

Aw, c'mon! Call it a Thylacine.

Here's a video. The title uses both terms.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vqCCI1ZF7o[/youtube]

And if you play one you can hang out with my Platypus. :)

I was joking around, but seriously -- if the idea is that scavengers are created by some sort of magic between other races and animals (through a twisting of lycanthropy and so on) then it kind of makes sense that you couldn't have this mixing with animals that no longer exist.

On the other hand, the whole purpose of the scavenger race was as a catch-all to allow players to be creative...

So I guess I have no real strong opinion about it one way or the other. A dinsoaur scavenger isn't going to ruin the game or offset the rules.

Back