Dinosaur Scavanger?

Agh... there's at least a half dozen of those...

none that i've met. but i don't chapter hop. i have a super cool scavy in my head that i might break out one of these days but it's makup intense and i am a big wuss.

Robb Graves said:
i always thought playing a lizard scavanger who was totally convinced he was a baby dragon would be fun.

not only did I have one of these, but he managed to convince a tribe of Lizardmen that he was and they eventually venerated him as a god. (Needless to say, it wasn't Alliance/NERO).

Telokh_Amdo said:
Marcena said:
That being said, I've wanted to play a super-paranoid Tasmanian tiger scavenger! "I'm the last of my kind, man! Don't touch me! No! I can't go on an undead fight with you guys I could die! AH! A dirty, disease ridden bug!! Wait for me!!" :D

Aw, c'mon! Call it a Thylacine.

Here's a video. The title uses both terms.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vqCCI1ZF7o[/youtube]

And if you play one you can hang out with my Platypus. :)

Neat! I was going to play a sheep. Damn youse Lauroc!

Now I have a decided secondary. A stone elf named Aedalsaen. :)

You can change your mind about that stone elf and have him/her changed to a sheep scavie anytime you want. Well until you play it.

Pst... Lauric... I got your back.

I think I'll save the scavvie for a tertiary. See how I like make-up intensive races.

But back on topic, what would be allowed as far as extinct animals or opinions on microscopic organism scavvies?

How would you go about roleplaying an Ameoba scavvy? Wouldn't they act just like oozes?

I'm not really sure how you could make one into a PC.

The pack of Utah Raptor scavvies, on the other hand, would be downright scary.

tfalbowski said:
How would you go about roleplaying an Ameoba scavvy? Wouldn't they act just like oozes?

I'm not really sure how you could make one into a PC.

Well, no scavenger has to have the nonintelligence of the animal he/she portrays.

An amoeba scavvy could very well be a survivalist as germs seem to constantly be adapting.

I want to make a Dolph Lungren scavenger. He's an animal.

Dolph Lungren dosen't want to be fed, he wants to hunt. Awesome. Now to properly rep abs...

Tetsu said:
I want to make a Dolph Lungren scavenger. He's an animal.

Dolph Lungren dosen't want to be fed, he wants to hunt. Awesome. Now to properly rep abs...

Forget Dolph Lungren...

Make the ultimate scavenger.

A Chuck Norris Scavenger.

Only by playing this can you win Alliance LARP. :)

Sunnfire said:
Anything that was scienfitically proven to have exsisted at any point on the earth is a real animal.

So im not sure where the debate would be there.
Dinosaur bones are simply bones placed in the Earth 6000 or so years ago by God when He created the world as a means of testing the faith of His children, so they obviously were never "real" and thus cannot be a scavenger variant. Duh. :twisted:

markusdark said:
Well then why do we have a problem with religion? Obviously with that case, Angles and Devils DO exist. :D

I am required by the bylaws to now hang a lampshade on you, as you have become a religious object in an Alliance game.

Shhhhh.

:D

Sunnfire said:
Anything that was scienfitically proven to have exsisted at any point on the earth is a real animal.

So im not sure where the debate would be there.

Well I was under the impression that what could be defined as real is something that one could taste, touch, see, or hear.
Since there is no living dinosaur left, is it considered a "real" animal for Alliance purposes? Think of it as, 'if a tree falls in the forest and noone was around to hear it would it make a sound?' type of ideas.

I'm not debating weather or not dinosaurs have existed but rather debating if it is real enough considering the lack of human witnesses of their actual existance. If anything this is a bored idea that I threw out there for others to digest and coment on.

B~>

Marcena said:
Well...has anyone actually SEEN a MWE or high orc?

That is not a relevant point to the conversation. Mystic wood elves and high orcs are separate races. Scavengers rely on portrayal of an actual species of animal. High orcs and mystic wood elves are based in fantasy folklore.

I was just saying that if it's all going to be based on what people have actually seen irl, then it gets rediculous. I didn't mean to be snarky or anything. Should I follow this statement with a bunch of lols and smileys to make it easier to digest or will people lighten up and take it like I meant it?

I think it would be interesting to take what we know (or think we know) about extinct animals and bringing them back into an alternate reality. I think it would add lots of flavor to the game and frankly, I would LOVE to see a stegosaurus scavenger with a tail that has a literal mind of it's own. :D

Marcena said:
I would LOVE to see a stegosaurus scavenger with a tail that has a literal mind of it's own. :D

Like Barf from Space Balls. The guy could claim it has a mind of it's own but who knows for sure ;).

B~>

Back