Documentary of the event

I have just been contacted by a film student who wants to make a short documentary about our event this weekend.

I told him that he and his crew would have to stay out of battle, not film anyone who asks them not to, and not disrupt the game at all or we'll ask them to leave.

The short film could then be made available on YouTube and if we like it we can link to it as a promotional piece.

Is that OK with everyone?

if memory serves the release we signed gave our permission to be filmed
as long as were not portrade in a bad light and its a fair honest piece I think its great!
hopefully it wont be dare I say raining

FW

The release we signed was for Alliance HQ to film us. This is a separate group. They will need to have signed release papers from anyone that is in the documentary. As a former film student, I learned the drill really fast.

If anyone doesn't sign the release or approve then they would have to edit any scenes with that person. So for the ease of use--I would suggest that you take care of the release on Friday night at logistics or Saturday at logistics (depending on when they are coming) so they have a list of who they can film and who they can't.

J

This sounds great! (As long as they aren't some of the "D&D is satanic, buhaha" crazies.) Best makeup, everybody!

Not a fan of this without a LOT more info. What kind of film is he making? Can we have that disclosure in writing? I REALLY don't want to end up as a youtube top 10 video. (At least not at an event I'm directing)
-toddo

Jezebel said:
sounds good and that reminds me. Anyone have a copy of Monster Camp? I still need to see it.
I also would like a copy of monster camp
if anyone knows the Director have him send a few copys to HQ, I think a few people would want to buy it

FW

Fearless Leader said:
Yeah, it's too short notice and we don't know enough... I called him to cancel but got his answering machine. Hope he doesn't show up.

You'll be better off. No use in going through the trouble, only to have him do a documentary that portrays the game negatively. Better to get all the information ahead of time so you can discuss it with all the HQ peeps. If this guy wants to do something positive, there is always next event.

I would be more ok with it if they played frist and we got to know them some. IF there good people then its fine if not then no.

Tim

I agree that they should at least come and observe a game and speak to the people....then they can discuss what they are trying to accomplish. It might not be what we hope it is. Worst case scenario it could be a documentary of 'Crazy people who need lives" and it could riddicule us......

I do enough of that on my own.. :D

Onitt

Although it would be cool to make our own documentary......

Ithica said:
I can't be filmed either or casted in anything Promotional, Documentary, or T.V./internet entertainment related. :(

Sorry conflict of interest with my current contracts (which are up 9/1/08, but will hopefully be extended)

-Toddy

If you realy wanted to you could get premision from your current contract holder/employer. The talent at my job (news station) have to do that, as it is in there contract as well.

Sym of Moria said:
Onitt

I have mentioned it before and spoke to the Chairperson about this. I feel that if any type of promotional video and/or documentary is made it must be done by a player (either former or current). Then know the game, the feel the game, the live the game and they love the game. There should be no other choise.

I have no problem if this person wanted to do a student project for there class. I'd probablly help and offer pointers too.

Gilwing said:
Sym of Moria said:
Onitt

I have mentioned it before and spoke to the Chairperson about this. I feel that if any type of promotional video and/or documentary is made it must be done by a player (either former or current). Then know the game, the feel the game, the live the game and they love the game. There should be no other choise.

I have no problem if this person wanted to do a student project for there class. I'd probablly help and offer pointers too.

Are you volunteering to make the documentary? :D

Fearless Leader said:
Gilwing said:
Sym of Moria said:
Onitt

Are you volunteering to make the documentary? :D

Maybe instead of a documentary we try our hands at a promo trailer.

<<< Maybe instead of a documentary we try our hands at a promo trailer. >>>

I think that's a great idea.

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

i always thought it would be neat to do multiple promo trailers. like.. one for each of the major classes or something. that might really get potential new players pumped about the game.

Well, short little clips we could link to the web page would be great.

Click here to see what the site is like

Click here to see how combat works

Click here to see how you disarm a trap

Click here to see what it's like to hang out in the tavern

... and so on

Back