Documentary of the event

Fearless Leader said:
Well, short little clips we could link to the web page would be great.

Click here to see what the site is like

Click here to see how combat works

Click here to see how you disarm a trap

Click here to see what it's like to hang out in the tavern

... and so on

Click here to see what happens when you disrespect the wrong people.

:D

For once I would like to see a documentary come out thats the "hey, we also have normal lives outside of this." It always seems like whichever documentary I've seen regarding a LARP (Haven't seen monster camp yet ) is always about the people who do nothing with their lives outside of LARPing; and I know at least for our game, that is untrue for the majority of us.

-Ali

Actually, I'll volunteer to do more in-depth filming. I know that last time turned out to be "Hah! Look, it's a battle!" Though it was the last battle since I was a bit too busy having fun to really want to film, and only caught the one who agreed to film it just before the last battle.

Though, with enough film, quick access to an electrical outlet, and the easiest part; a white headband, I could probably spend most of an event with a camera in hand... even with night-shots.

-Trevor

P.S. Sorry for not being at the early May event.

The first thing we would need is a script.

Personally, I picture a guy and a girl in business clothes getting into their car after a day of work, driving to the site, getting to their cabin, and changing into an awesome costume (for some reason dark elf springs to mind). The whole time the camera does not show their faces, but different angles. You hear them chatting about various things that gradually turn from the mundane to things like "The lands are becoming overrun by the undead." One asks the other "Are you ready?" The other answers "Indeed I am." Then they step out of the same cabin they walked into in full costume and it finally shows them from the front. They are immediately surrounded by awesome looking monsters and jump into the fray. Cut to some clever slogan and promotional info.

Scott

That could be accomplished, I'm sure. It would make a fairly good promotional commercial style video.

I was thinking something more like a video journal of events though. Wander around out of game and sometimes go with players on mods to capture experiences had. Cut it up into a whole bunch of edited scenes and show the goods.

Fearless Leader said:
Gilwing said:
Sym of Moria said:
Onitt

Although it would be cool to make our own documentary......

I have mentioned it before and spoke to the Chairperson about this. I feel that if any type of promotional video and/or documentary is made it must be done by a player (either former or current). Then know the game, the feel the game, the live the game and they love the game. There should be no other choise.

I have no problem if this person wanted to do a student project for there class. I'd probablly help and offer pointers too.

Are you volunteering to make the documentary? :D

I would be more willing to do a promo then a doc. If I am volunteering, are you accepting? Hehehe

This is something we are currently working on. If anyone has experience in this area contact myself and Dave B. and we would love to include you on this project. Look for something more detailed soon on the general discussion forum.

-Renee
Alliance Chairperson

Back