[.11] Does anybody like resolute?

DiscOH

Artisan
It seems like dead xp.

Is anybody excited about this @ martial 2xp per purchase?

Is anybody planning on using racial resolute?

I can't think of any uses.

I am not a fighter, but it seems decent. It's a 2 build smart defense that can keep you up. Especially combined with earth channeling.
It's a cheaper Parry, works against damage spells, traps, channel and any other weird plot something that might come around locally.

Like most things YMMV depending on the local plot team.

-Joe

I think Resolute is a good skill to have a couple of at mid to high levels. Rather than getting dropped relatively far behind enemy lines, it gives the character an opportunity to get back closer to their healers, perhaps even avoid needing a rescue at all.

I think it’s a good skill to have, because if people have it, Plot gets to fight a little more aggressively.

Edit: Also, it’s a cheap way to save a Parry against a big Slay or Eviscerate, like Joe indicated.

I think Resolute is a good skill to have a couple of at mid to high levels. Rather than getting dropped relatively far behind enemy lines, it gives the character an opportunity to get back closer to their healers, perhaps even avoid needing a rescue at all.

I think it’s a good skill to have, because if people have it, Plot gets to fight a little more aggressively.

Edit: Also, it’s a cheap way to save a Parry against a big Slay or Eviscerate, like Joe indicated.

It's also really great at a low level where healing to full body is so cheap.

Before the game had a ton of magic items, healing used to be a lot more limited.
As a fighter I spent a lot of time at 1 body and used my armor. A skill like this would have been super great then.

In situations where resources get tight and front line folks are relying on armor, this is a really really great way to stay up.

I think it's a great Spellsword/Adept Skill as well. Being able to take the hit cheaply and quickly heal yourself (or mend armor a bunch).

Last edited:
I have a couple on my Scout and my Templar builds, I like it.

I basically look at it as a more limited but smart version of magic armor. I like it.

I’m iffy on it personally, but enough people seem to think it will be useful that I’m really interested to see how it playtests out.

I wouldn't stack 'em like I would Dodges or Parries, but I feel that having a couple of the back pocket would be very valuable.

Yeah, it’s pretty much the same feeling I have about Counteract.

To be fair, not having strong "must have" feelings about cheap skills seems appropriate. There is a reason they are not expensive.

I am working on an alt charator Robin Kin fighter that plans to take this skill. The character thinks he's a phoenix. Every time the character would go down but uses this skill it plans to reinforce this misconception.

Im planning on having a couple for the few Chaos/body attacks when I'm already at 1. its certainly not effective in a 1v1 but its value is great when you have someone else dealing damage and you just wont die from random burst stuff.

I really like resolute in my templar build. Easily could have used it a few more times during one rather large big boss killing fight we had 2 months ago.

Also NPC's that are protecting a big bad that intercept, resolute, and then keep coming are damn scary

Yes, the ability for minions to really protect their bosses under this new system is far greater. I am a fan.

"Is anybody planning on using racial resolute?"

as a High-Orc, I am not even thinking twice about taking the skill. I think of it more in role-play terms, as a High-orc resolve to win the battle, more than a another tool in my defenses.

If I was playing a High Orc Scholar, I’d definitely pick up one or two. If I was playing a Rogue? Actually, yeah. I probably still would.

I wouldn’t buy more than three ever, though.

Who wants to be a High Orc that needs other people to carry him to a healer? ;)

Interestingly, for my tanky Fighter build, I want to get a LOT of them. IMO they're hard to justify with just 1 or 2 - you can get double-tapped down still - but 10+ (like what my current Rogue has for Evades)? Definitely. You can just Resolute over and over, esp. with Intercept. 3 is plenty of time to get out of a front line, where 1 or 2 might not be. It's cheap enough to justify that, too.

Hardy doesn’t synergize with Resolute. It definitely synergizes with Mettle.

>.>

Seriously, I don’t understand y’all wanting gigantic health pools *unless you want to be able to chain a ton of Mettles. 50 extra Body will cost you more than it will save you. :|

Back