Donations

Count me in. I feel that this would be not only open to farmers and the people who work first and adventure later, but also a spot for adventurers to all come together to train and learn how to fight together, possibly even for the different Adventuring groups of Hope's Reach to learn to fight together.
Rather than trying to coordinate all groups as one, the individual groups could learn to fight as individual squads along side one another.

I am especially interested especially with all of McGregor's talk of *cough*free* beer. ;) Put me down for a few barrels.

Offerring my blade and honor-
Ur'ok Kal

Um, I could help out a bit as well... teaching people how to shoot bows or fight a bit if needed, but unfortunately I have other duties during the winter months so will not be available for too long. I'll talk to you next market day to see what needs to be done that I could help with.

-Tarqaq the Fox

I also would be honoured to help out. I do realize I am not as great as many of you other people are, but I hope to learn as well as contribute. I hope to be able to help, even if it be with my healing spells, which I'd rather not have to use in the first place, but accidents DO happen, or big time scuffles from being provoked.

Certainly D'rezz,
I'd be glad to speak with you beforehand - Though, I would like to ask if this is something you can talk about publicly first. As I am rather puzzled over all this to do with James & the people of Harbor's Far lately - has something significant happened that I'm unaware of?

- Tazoulti Strongbeard
Master Blacksmith and Guardian of Hope's Reach

Does anyone know of a open plot of land, or some land for sale near the town of Hopes Reach? This information would be greatly valuable to us in our attempts at this project.
Also, this next market day, before we start building more, lets have a meeting of all the interested parties, so we can discuss this in much more detail. I would also be interested in relocating my forge near this location, so as to consolidate our resources.
If you are interested in participating in this project, which means spending either time(OOG:IBGAs) or resources on it, please respond here if you haven't yet.
Currently the folks interested it seems are - James, Thorador, McGreger, Tazoulti, Ur'ok Kal, Fern, Gorka
There are other folk that expressed interest, but I was unsure how much financial and/or time commitment those that expressed interest were willing to give, I left some out and put in those that expressed more direct investment in this project.

Please state what you are willing to invest, or at least that you are inclined to possibly invest after we have a meeting about the project next market day.

With honor always,
Thorador Boulderfist

P.S. I will update this with new people wanting to participate.

Thorado,

Put me down, not so much interest and desire as nessecity.

Fern

Gorka will organize the teachers, making a list of what they are willing to teach and how many students they could take on in a day.

I think that if a plot of land could be found that would be ideal. It would be nice to be able to have an adjacent forge for master Thorador which would be easier to provide weapons for training. I can see this being a place to train civilian militia as well as a place where adventuring groups can all come together and learn to fight as coordinating groups.

I also dont see what the big deal is with a private guardian meeting this is pretty straight forward.

Ur'ok

it is an attempt to work within the existing power structure which has not been a habit of mine. but trying something different can't be too toxic for my health

-James the Inconceivable of Harbors Far

Apparently I have inadvertantly called for a town meeting, which was not my intent.

First off, let me say that I am not going to tell anyone how to spend their gold. If individuals wish to build structures, I am not going to stop them.

My discussion with James was that should he want to build a training facility for the citizen's militia then he should consult with one of the Guardians as all matters related to the local militia fall under their commission. Furthermore, after understanding his motives, I advised him to consult with me as there are several other similar items on the dockett and it would make more sense to partner together.

After further observation, it appears that others would like to participate and help with this. There is land available, but before we begin work, we need to establish the true scope of what others intend on doing and then, deciding upon a course of action that makes sense.

Long story short, this will not be an official town meeting, but will be a meeting of several interested parties who wish to pool their resources towards a common end.

This is not to say that we will not be having a town meeting in a few weeks, as there are several items on the dockett that need to be addressed to everyone including, but not limited to, the review of the decision on the status of kobolds within the Hope's Reach region.

For those wishing to be included in the discussion, I will be holding a meeting at 21 bells on the evening of the 19th of this month for those interested.

The official town meeting will be held on the following day with the time to be announced at a later date.

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm, and look forward to our meeting!

Best Regards,

McGregor
Proprietor of the Falcon's Roost
Guardian of Hope's Reach

Back