Earth Celestial balance

And all the while, earth casters are still looked at as healers. If you're an earth scholar who runs out of healing or protectives on the battlefield, fighters treat you like a wart.

I will step in as a Earth Caster Templar. In the chapter I play in (same one as Sage of Legaia) I am not viewed as a healer at all. Only reason I'm remotely viewed as one is because I am in our Earth Caster guild. To the point when I even mention I'm a healer I have people argue that against me. I've always played my character as the only reason he has his healing spells is to keep him standing for longer or just to pick his friends up. Combined with all the "Utility" spells I pick he is viewed as a front line fighter even though he is an Earth Caster. I even have some players scared of getting in a one on one fight with my character.

Although with this view however, I do still like the idea of Earth Casters getting something that equates to a Wand. Even if it is something along the lines of the Totem with healing charges in it that was mentioned earlier (I do actually really like that idea). Because at the moment Celestial Casters get double the amount of spells when they use a wand. Yes they are all effectively level 1 spells and basically a smaller version of there Signature Spell in the new rules. But that does give them a bunch more to work with, as opposed to Earth Casters who must wait until Formals to gain anything on top of the spells they cast.

Don't we want as many people as possible to have fun at our events?
Edit: As for losing people who might have stayed, that's not really an argument that would ever sway me. The Alliance system isn't for everyone. It simply can't appeal to an entire audience. Players need to be willing to adapt to what's a fairly successful system, not the other way around.
People are taking all this time to rewrite the rules - someone must think there is room for improvement. As they write the new system I hope they are thinking about how to make the game more fun for more people.

Don't we want as many people as possible to have fun at our events?

Yes, though this must be balanced reasonably with an understanding that there's a limit to how many people you can please, as well as an understanding that a point will be reached where quality suffers drastically.

These lines are essentially drawn by the authors of any given LARP. There are LARPs, globally, who have -extremely high quality games- for their audience, but that audience might only be twenty or thirty people. They're totally okay with that.

So, it's give and take. So, trying to appeal to more players isn't always the right decision.

As a Templar Celestial Caster i can say i love meditate. Will Spirit store not being a spell mess with making a Golem?
I'm also interested in the new armor rules. I am small and a bit handicapped so i could never wear plate or heavy chain. I wore chainmail a few events and after a couple hours i was so tired and wore down i couldn't do much. So latex armor sounds good and light. I use Arcane now more for medical reasons than anything.
I can't wait till everything is finalized.
Alan
Somn Player

Yup, no more golems. There's a list of rituals toward the end of the document that won't exist in 2.0 (I think Master Construct is after a page break so it's easy to miss).

Oh No. Looks like im back to Earth Magic. Golem was what i have been working on for the last couple years.
Somebody said we get a free reroll when the new rules come out. is that true? Is formal in both Earth and Celestial being trimmed?
Thanks Carly. Also great job last weekend, Your sphinx was really cool.

Back