Earthweaver Enclave: Isawda and Ithawda's Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonKitty

Scholar
An attendant knocks on the door to the biata couple's room, saying "Earthweaver Isawda, Master Quynn is asking for you to come to see her in her study if you please". He waits for a response from within.

Re: Earthweaver Enclave: Isawda and Ithouta's Room

Isawda opens the door and nods to the attendant.
"I have no charge on my time currently, and am at the disposal of Master Quynn."

Reaching back into the room he pulls down his cloak and throws it around his shoulders.
"Lead on sir, let us not keep your Master waiting."

"Follow me please" the attendant says and turns around to lead you to the 3rd floor and Master Quynn's study.

moved to Master Quynn's study

Isawda follows along behind the attendant.
His face is shadowed by his cloak and his thoughts by recent events.

Looking around the simple room, Isawda shook his head wryly. The room might be simple but his life had certainly taken another turn for the complicated.

Walking to set his goods down on the bed side table, his free had unconsciously stroked the bed on the left side of the room. It was neatly made but had a number of nick nacks tucked into the headboard and shelves. The bed on the right side was crisply made (a copper coin might actually bounce it dropped on the tightly made bedding), but lacked much in the way of personal touches and was just a little cold in comparison.

Pulling out paper and ink, he began to try an organize his thoughts. With the upcoming return to Parson Breach much needed to be finalized in advance. His began to put ink to paper as a list the list of item grew...
-Which member of the guild would actually be available to make the trip?
-Which of the Guild members would request the use of the workshops?
-Who would need training?
-What would be the best time for regular informal Guild meetings during the time in the Breach?

Looking down at the four coppers left in his palm, Isawda's lips quirked in a smile as he poured them back into his pouch. At least his funds had been sufficient to messenger a few notes.

Hopefully they would reach each of the current members of the Earthweavers Guild in Parsons Breach. Either before they left, or on the road back. Given the recent turmoil if time and past time to agree on where the Guild would go from here. Certainly it had to be a force against the foulness of the undead and necromancy. But was that to a passive resistance or aggressive attack on those forces? Only the full voice of the guild could answer a question that might place them all in peril for this and future lives.

Time enough to hear the voice and will of the Guild when the trip back to the Breach was completed.

(Taken to PM)

A messenger wearing the green tabard of the Earthweavers knocks on Isawda's door. When no reply is heard, he pushes the sealed note under the door, then returns to his duties.

Late in the evening Isawda, walks wearily back to his room from anther day in the library. The few moments of walking hardly enough to loosen muscles stiffened from another double handful of hours spend pouring over old books and older scrolls.

Stepping through the door his foot brushes a note, apparently slid through the gap between door and floor. Bending, a little stiffly, he picks it up and moves to the table beside the simple bed. Striking a light he turns the letter in his hands and then opens it to see who had sent it and what they might require of him.

The note appears to be from the Fatespinner and requests the Isawda present himself and the Guild record book brought back from the Breach.
With a nod he mutters to himself "As you request, so shall it be."

His face a mixture of pleasure and concern, Isawda takes quill to paper to send a note to the ArchMage. He writes...

My Lord Steward,

I know you have many charges on your time, so I will be brief.

I was most grateful to be recognized at the Masquerade. The office you placed me in is one that I accepted as it was, and the recognition, funding and stipend were an unexpected pleasure. One that only confirms the grace with which you and the King guide us.

However, would it not be more fitting that such reward pass through the Magistrate?

Then he might decide what portion he might pass on to me as his Sheriff. I can then continue to do the same for those who step forward and accept the duties of Deputy. It would seem that might more accurately respect the status and station of each that provide what service they can to the Breach, the King and the Kingdom.

As always I will be guided by you wishes.

Isawda Highridge(signed)

With a quick fold and a sealing of wax, the messages is handed to a passing page to run it quickly to the Arcane Sanctum and ask that it be delivered to the Lord ArchMage at his convenience.

A messenger arrives at Isawda's door knocking politely and handing him a letter bearing the seal of the Arcane Sanctum.

Cracking open the letter is from the ArchMage and reads as follows:

Sherriff Isawda,

Please, let it be known that the stipend comes from King Ulric directly. His Majesty has final word on the office of Sherriff within Parson's Breach. The Magistrate in no way should be involved in payments to your office as this could be seen as a conflict of interest at best, and outright Bribery at worst. The payments to your office will come directly from the King's coffers through the Quartermaster at Parson's Breach.

The Magistrate's duty is to dispense final judgement upon criminals for serious crimes. Any petty crimes requiring fines or minimal time served in the stocks is up to your wisdom, as the King trusts your judgement, please just let the Magistrate know the events leading up to your judgement in punishment. Consult with the Magistrate if you deem it necessary or the crime requires a more severe punishment such as a lengthy stay in the stocks, Death or worse.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me, or if you can arrange and audience, with King Ulric himself. The safety of the Breach is paramount to the both of us and your duties will only grow as the Breach does.

Signed,
Az'Caine,
ArchMage of Calandonia
Steward of Calandonia

Vaegar makes his way through the halls of the enclave towards isawda's room.

With a gentle knock at the door, Vaegar waits for an answer.

Swinging open the door, Isawda looks slight surprised to see Vaegar.
With a brief bow he says "Greetings! Come in and tell me what brings you to seek me this evening."

Stepping through the door way, Vaegar offers a little bow. "And to you, Sheriff. I have come to ask you if you will help me secure a rather hasty audience with the Fatespinner. Our last incounter together was not on the most pleasant of terms and I fear I can not wait for her to accept a formal request. I believe that that the process might go quicker if you were to ask on my behalf, my friend?"

A hint of urgancy can be felt from the Dark Elf as he stands before you.

Nodding in agreement Isawda asks "Might I inquire as the the nature of the issue that requires such a quick response? If is is a matter between you and Lady Zanthia, then well enough. But I might better able to communicate the need for the meeting if I know at least the general nature of the concern."

As he awaits the Dark Elfs response, he stacks and organizes some papers and books that were spread out on the beds and small desk. An odd mix of subjects dealing with Spirit Forge rituals, Biata history and ancient undead.

Turning back to Vaegar, he continues "If the need is urgent, then let us walk to the FateSpinners rooms. There we can await on her convenience and be immediately available if there is even a small opening in her busy schedule."

vaegar nods in appreciation. "It is both personal and formal, master isawda. And one that I would like you to bear witness too. As too what it is about, lets just say you shall be relieved to hear what I have to say. Please lead the way " he montions to the door with sweeping gesture.

Isawawda hesitates and looks hard at Vaegar. His reputation in the breach has been .... much debated.
But the actions that the Sheriff has witnessed as fact make him nod with confidence.
"Then let us be about it!"
With that he motions them out the door and toward the FateSpinners quarters.

When Isawda and Vaegar arrive at Lady Zanthia's door, Isawda knocks gently and respectfully and awaits a response.

Returning to his room, Isawda pulls down a slightly battered leather book and opens in carefully.

Looking through the responsibilities of a member of the Earth Weavers, He runs his finger down the page. They could no be clearer, so how can so many of the members from the Breach have fallen afoul of such simple and honorable requirements:
- An Earth Weavers first commitment is to help others
- Not to seek power
- Never do dabble in Celestial magic, either to learn or copy spells
- Refrain from using items created with Celestial magic
- To stand with the Home Guard in time of war or crisis
- To tithe 5% to the Guild for maintenance of the Circles
- Never to teach non members spells
- Never to scribe spells for non members
Our small guild must be a sore trial to the Fate Spinner. We are only one Circle of many in the Kingdom, and we seem to have more than our share of fallen.

Closing his spell book, Isawda idly rubbed the leather of its cover. There were not many pages remaining to be filled. Soon he would need to decide what kind of Earthcaster he wished to be. Would he continue to focus on providing healing spells and potions for the defenders of the Breach, or would he begin to enter the realms of higher magics. High Magic and Rituals were not to be trifled with lightly, and would demand much of his time and attention if the chose to open that door. I would leave him little ability to continue to develop his marital skills or expand the breadth of his spells. Which would better match the oath he had taken on joining the Guild...

Isawda sat back in his chair, letting the scroll on the desk is front of him slowly curl back around itself. Running his hand over his close clipped head, he shook his head in bemused disbelief. The many weeks of study had finally repaid him. He had now taken the first, very tentative steps, into Formal Magic. With that, he supposed with a grin, "I think that make me an Master Earth Mage!" Not something that Frederick may have ever expected, when he spent so long trying to instruct the basics that seem so determined to elude Isawda's grasp. Even now, only the strength lent to him by the Stones of the Parsons Breach Earth Circle would allow him to accomplish anything of note. For the rest, sword and the healing power of the Earth would continue to serve him well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back