Earthweaver Enclave: Master Quynn's Study

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aclodava

Artisan
A few doors down on the opposite side of the stairs from the Fatespinner's and Nadja's rooms is Master Quynn's study and personal room. Master Quynn has set up her own potion workshop in here. There are many vials and flasks of all colours of liquid. Some bubbling away on a table, others neatly organized and labeled in a cabinet.

Still another cabinet holds a great many books on what appear to be obscure subjects. This is Quynn's personal collection, with some written by the master herself. After gently placing the crystal vial on the table, Quynn goes to the books and removes one labelled "Lycans." Taking it over to her desk, she flips through it to a marked page.

"Ah, here it is."

Fredrick follows Quynn back to her study and watching her grab a book on the subject in question.
"Master Quynn, You have quite the impressive workshop and study here. Must have taken a while to gather all the information you have here. So what do I need to do to help Thrid?"

"Thank-you Fredrick. What you see here is my life's work, so far."

Quynn turns the book towards Fredrick. "Everything I have learned is written in this book. If there is a way to help your friend, it will be in here."

Continued in PM

You hear a voice in your head. It's female.
You can only make out 2 words ASTRAL... TRAPPED....

Fredrick's world closes in around him, filled with blackness.

OOG: You are rendered unconcious.

Quynn feels several of her defenses go off an imediately knows what has happened. She drops the book she was holding onto her desk and rushes for Fredrick's side. She checks to amek sure he is ok but deceides not to wake him and spare him the headache.

Quynn rushes down the hall towards the Fatespinner's room, but sees her in Nadja's room already. Releived, she hurries into the room.

Fredrick awakens. The light is gone from outside the room so he knows he has been asleep for several hours. It feels like minutes have passed. He has a headache the size of Giant!

After a pleasant day spent out of the Enclave and down at the Ogre's Head tavern yesterday, Quynn walks into her Study this morning feeling excited about the research accomplished and what is to come in the next couple of days. Walking over to her desk she takes out her small notebook to go over the notes she made yesterday on young Third, as well as the hair sample she collected. Transferring her notes into her larger research ledger, she then sets about studying and testing the hair sample. "Hmmm...interesting" she says. She makes some more notes in her research ledger about the hair sample test results. She then sets about making certain she has the items and reagents that will be needed for a circle of power for the next night when Third will be coming by to be observed.

One final sweeping look around confirms that all is ready for tonight's visitors. Space has been made in the center of the room for the circle of power, and all the items Quynn will need are to hand, easy to grab. A couple chairs conveniently placed at the edge of the room for comfort through the night. Now Quynn settled down with some notes to await Zanthia and the rest of her guests.

There is a quick knock on the partially-open door before Zanthia steps in.

"Good evening Master Quynn."

"Good evening youngling. How goes your studies of the psychic magnet? I myself am quite looking forward to tonight's studies. Care for some tea while we wait?" Smiling at her young pupil, Quynn gestures to a chair before bustling off to the table to get a pot of tea brewing.

After getting directions to Master Quynn's room, Third makes his way there and knocks, then waits politely.

Hearing the knock, Quynn spots Third waiting politely outside the partially opened door to her study. "Ah young Third, I am so glad that you could join us. Please come in and close the door behind you. I shall put up a circle of power shortly. And we can get started. Would you like some tea before we proceed?" Quynn bustles around the room gathering the things she needs to create the circle while waiting for his response.

Watching the elf bustle around the room, Third bows to the Fatespinner before replying.
"No, thank you, Master Quynn. I am not thirsty."

"Alright then, let's get started" Quynn grabs the necessary items and moving to the center of the room begins to cast the ritual to create the lesser Circle of Power.

Finished with her casting, Quynn motions to Third to come forward saying "The Circle recognizes Third to enter." She waits patiently for Third to enter.

Noting the size of the moon, Mobeus takes a journey through the Earthweavers Enclave towards the Study of Master Quynn. He is questioned several times, but each time he replies, "Forthright Obadiah Ostrem III is a citizen of Parson's Breech, as as his Magistrate both his safety and those invovled in this 'viewing' should be assisted by myself, should Master Quynn not wish my presence.. I shall leave it to her.."

Mobeus finnally arrives at the study doors and knocks on it three times, "This is Mobeus, Magistrate of Parson's Breech, Adeptus Major of Arcane Sanctum, requesting entry to aid you in ensuring protection of all involved."

"Come in" Quynn calls out in response to the knock on the door.

Mobeus enters the chambers, and looks expectantly to Third before meeting eyes with Quynn, "I am here to assist.. I have no desire to enter the Circle, but should we face something noteworthy in this night... I wish to be prepared in Parson's Breech... as he is a Citizen, his security is important... as are all my Citizens..."

He sighs softly, "Having Frederick guard him in the only Circle that can be used to bring our wayward fallen back to life, would have a most unwholesome welcome by whatever might lie within..." Mobeus sighs, "We have alternative ways to keeping him safe... should that be a requirement after this night.."

Quynn eyes this young celestial pup with an appreciative eye. "Your assistance is welcome youngling, and your attention towards preparation for the future protection of this young pup here and his fellows is very admirable. I grant you permission to witness tonight's events. I think however, for the time being, that what we learn tonight should be kept in total confidence among those of us here and not shared with anyone, except the Arch Mage perhaps. This is for not only Third's protection but also so that we do not cause a panic in the city that a known werewolf is allowed to roam free. That is if he is one at all. Do you agree to this condition?"

Mobeus nods his head solemnly, "Of course.." Mobeus holds firmly on his staff and watches the Circle in earnest, "Hopefully there is no need for such secrecy... but even if he has such conditions his cure shall be paramount, and shall not be gawked at by others for this.. It was my failing in protecting my people that even allowed him to be attacked.. I endeavour to keep my people protected and trained in the future.."

"Don't be too hard on yourself, sometime things still happen no matter how well trained you are. Have a seat young mage and let us wait and see what happens. We will know more in just a little bit and we can all decide then together what the next course of action needs to be.This is my life's work, together we shall find a way and a cure if there is one."

Turning back to Third, she says "Now come on in Third and get comfortable. We are all here to support and assist you as needed, should something happen the circle will hold you as I have not given you permission to leave it, so don't worry about us being in danger. Should all these rumors about you turn out to be false well then all we will have suffered is some aching muscles from sitting all night." Quynn chuckles to herself and smiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back