Earthweaver Enclave: Master Quynn's Study

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stepping aside to let the others out, Vaegar replaces himself were he was. "First off, Master Quynn, I must offer up Thanks too you on behalf of both Forthright and my self. I witnessed the events that transpired in the Foreigners’ Quarters, and I must say that you have done us all a great kindness for saving the life of my Guard. Forthright has proven to be valuable investment, and a very skilled Warrior. I would have suffered a great lose if he had perished this night. Irraplaceable that lad is." Vaegar pauses only long enough to let the passing emotion pass.

"Secondly, I have come here to speak with you about what happened after the battle, but first a little explination. It was shortly after I arrived in the city that the young child was killed. After the mess was cleaned up I heard nothing more of the matter in the streets of the city. It was by chance that I was in the streets on a full moon night, when I encountered one of the beasts in an ally. It was a experiance that lead to me hiring both Phelan and Forthright as both my guards and assistants in uncovering the wereabouts of these creatures in the city, both were given great praise by thier compatroits".

Vaegar turns on his heels to pace slowly from side to side, both in a jesture of thought and to look over the room he was in.

"On the next full moon, I asked both of my employees to assist me in the hunt, Phalen answered, but third was unavalible for "personal reasons". This is when the two of us incountered the Sarr that was in the streets this night. He too was out on the hunt, and had I known that this was the fabled Master Farr'Shenn of the Sanctum, well lets just say that the battle tonight would not have needed your assistance. Regardless it was at this time that Third was unavailable to assist in the hunt again. This peaked my suspicion of the true extent of the infestation of creatures and their sudden apperance in a city as large as this. Now to my point. I know and have suspected for some time, of Forthrights affliction. Had I known when I hired the lad things might have been diffrent, but what is done is done. Now I must do what must be done."

Vaegar turns to the two assembled ladys and puts on his most courtly face and tone.

"I was present when Lord Az'Caine gave you the responsibility of over seeing Forthright during his...time of the month. As his employer and while he is employed by me, I must also accept responsibilty for the actions he or any other, may do, regardless of the reason behind the actions. So, Masters, I must Insist," the word is heavly stressed upon his lips, "that I too bare responsibilty for the actions for Third along with you."

Quynn looks at the dark elf, considering his words carefully, before replying "Your willingness to be responsible for Third's actions is respectable. While he is here in the city, I have enough resources to keep Third safe and keep him from hurting anyone else, but I know that an adventurer like him typically only stays in the city for the winter. Plus I am certain that he will want to be involved in the continuing search for the King. So, the biggest challenge is how to protect him and others from him while he is back at Parson's Breach....to that end the Fatespinner and I have already tasked Frederick and Isawda with seeing to Third's safety. You shall work with them to that end, come up with a plan for how you will contain him out at the breach during his transformation. I shall continue my research into a cure. Are there any questions?"

Vaegar place his thumb and finger under his chin, careful to choose his next words. "You are very much correct in this regard Master. Forthright does have a young mans sense of adventure and combining the two Weavers magic to my own Celestial, will aid in his...time of transformation. But know this, His contract with me is not yet expired, and if I call, he must answer. Regardless of what is going on. I will have need of him in the coming months, ever more so if the Vampires return."

Vaegar nods as if this aggrement works for him, he turns towards the door but stops before the enterance, "I do not know what you know of my people, Master Quynn, but know this; We are relentles towards those that fail to keep their word... Do I have your word that you shall not keep him when he is called upon?". His eyes meet yours stare for stare, another little trick he learnd from his mother.

As the others exit, Zanthia excuses herself to summon some capable members to send into the sewers with the Arcane Sanctum.

Quynn gathers her notebooks, quills, ink and some select potions and puts them into her bag. She then grabs her cloak and her staff from by the door and leaves her study. Stopping by the attendant at the top of the stairs, she says "I will be leaving for a bit, should anyone need me urgently Commander Dunnbow will know where to find me." She proceeds down the stairs and into the streets, making her way quickly to the Commander's office.

Having felt the tremors that coursed through the stones, Quynn was already grabbing her bag when the knocking sounded. Opening the door she witnessed what could only be described as chaos. Without hesitating Quynn races towards the courtyard. Yelling instructions at Earthweavers as she moves.

After stopping at his quarters to drop off his things Fredrick heads straight to master Quynn's Study.
Fredrick Knocks on the door.

Quynn had been pouring over some newly obtained lycanthropy books, when she hears the knock on the door. "Come in" she calls out. Closing the book in front of her she sits at her desk curious as to who her visitor is, at least it isn't a frantic pounding and yelling this time so it can't be another serious problem.

Opening the door Fredrick turns to master Quynn and says
"Master Quynn, It is good to see you again. I hope everything around here as been getting better. I did not think that so much damage had been done the other week until I saw it myself. I was wondering if you have a some time there are a few things you may be able to help me with."
Closing the door behind him Fredrick enters and Begins telling master Quynn a few new items needing attention.

Continued in PM

"Come In" Quynn calls out at the knocking on her door.

Fredrick opens and comes in.
" Master Quynn I am about to leave for the festival. I need to get there a few days early and arrange for some things. However I have a few quick questions for you ...."

Continued in PM

Entering her study and setting down her gear in the corner, Master Quynn sighs, it has been a long few days and she is quite tired. But the time spent with Master Brightleaf was extremely helpful, as the young Tari-Nor was able to suggest the herb that turned out to be the ingredient needed to complete and perfect the Wolfsbane Potion. And last night’s trial of the potion was a success; it does what it supposed to do. Not a cure by itself, but it is a step in the right direction. The testing and final trial however has depleted her personal stores of the ingredients needed. She will have to send messages to the younglings to get more if she is to make this potion for them.

Sitting down at her desk she begins writing notes to the youngsters with her instructions.

Sealing the notes, she walks out of her room to find one of the many messengers that are always around waiting to be put to use by the Masters. Handing the letter to a young messenger, and giving her instructions, Master Quynn smiles as the messenger speeds away with a burst of eager energy only the young seem to possess. She then returns to her rooms and closes the door behind her.

Stepping over to her bookshelf, Quynn pulls down an old tome, one that looks to be older than even the elf herself, and flipping to a page near the back of the book she finds the entry she was looking for. “Yes, this should work” she says to herself and taking the book to her desk begins to read and take notes.

Third walks to Master Quynn's room, knocks politely, and waits. "Master Quynn? It's Third. You sent me a message, but I can't read it."

"Come in youngling" Quynn calls out upon hearing the knock on her door.

Stepping inside, Third greets Master Quynn politely, and waits.

"I forgot that some of you young adventurers can't read" Quynn says smiling. "I am very close to perfecting a cure for lycanthropy, although I still need to work out a few ingredients and steps. However, what I do know is that the cure will require Wolfsbane. I have exhausted my stores of the plant, so I must ask you and Fredrick to get some more. There is a patch of it growing about 7 days walk to the Southeast of Calenhelm. It must be picked during the full moon. Alas this means that you will not be able to pick it yourself, you will need a friend to do that for you or find some other way to obtain some. Are you up to this challenge young one?" she waits patiently for an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back