Earthweavers' Enclave in Calenhelm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aclodava

Artisan
Shortly after arriving in Calenhelm, Zanthia arranged transportation to the Earthweaver's guild for all those who wished to go. They were taken to a large park, with so many trees the guild hall could not be seen. Once past the trees, the hall came into view. It is a round, three story building, somewhat resembling a cake decorated with trees, plants and flowers. On closer inspection, the first level encircles a hill, on which the second level sits, with the third built on top. There is a good deal of activity and seems to be a several enterances as well as a few shops on the ground floor.

The entrance used is a solid double door bearing the Earthweavers' crest in paint. Zanthia was immediately greeted by many, and quickly arranged lodging for everyone. She personally led Nadja and Garridan to an room on the third floor, telling them it is an unoccupied Master's chamber next door to her own. It is the safest place she can give them.

The first floor contains a small hospital that is run by both Earthweavers and the White Hand, a dining hall and kitchens, several potion and alchemy workshops, and of course the library and ritual vault.
The second is mostly classrooms, and student quarters. Inside the second floor, level with the top of the hill, is a large courtyard. Promenently in the center is a permanent circle of power.

Before going to her own chamber to recover, Zanthia arranged rooms in the student quarters for Fredrick, Isawda and Noman and invited them to use our facilites and attend any of the classes they wish. She also asked Fredrick to come see her later.

Now that she has had time to rest and get her thoughts in order, Zanthia sets to the task of preparing to return to the Breach. She quickly writes two messages, one to Col. Stormcrest, a second to the Arcane Sanctum. Going to the door, she opens it and calls out.

A nearby keeper rushes around the bend. "Yes, Fatespinner?"

"Please send me two messengers immediately, and have Fredrick sent up."

The Keeper nods and rushes off. Zanthia goes back into the room, not bothering to close the door. She goes to her drawers and pulls out two ritual scrolls and the necessary reagents. Grabbing the sealed scrolls off her desk she enters her cirlce of power and performs the two quick rituals to protect the messages. Just as she finishes the second, the messengers enter her door. She hands off the messages, one to each, with explicit instructions to hurry. They each nod and rush out the door. Again, Zanthia leaves it open. She goes back to her desk and beings writing again, waiting on Fredrick.

Just as the messager is about to head out to find him Fredrick comes around a near by corner. Acknologing the message he makes his way over to the fatespinners quaters and knocks on the door.

"Enter" Zanthia calls through the still open door. She looks up from her desk, "Ah Fredric. We have much to do before the return to Parson's Breach. I have sent a missive to Colonel Stormcrest to discuss this. You will lilkely need to come with me for any meeting. I have also sent one to the Arcane Sanctum hoping they have heard something from Az'Cane."

"Until I receive word back, I want you to meet the masters and speak with some of the Keepers here. Get a good unstanding of what it means to be in the Inner Circle. You also have access to the inner circle of the library and the ritual vault. You may wish to take advantage of the time you have here to use these. And of course the potion workshop. I will arrange for someone to show you around."

"When I do hear back from the Arcane Sanctum or the Guard, I'll have some come find you. Before you go, is there anything you need?"

"Yes fatespinner there are a few things I should bring to your attention. We lost a few items in the sudden withdrawal from Parsons Breach.

1st the circle enhancing stone was left inside the circle in plain sight. I hope that this will not be a problem but they may try to dissipate the circle to get a this item. I am however not well versed in this yet.

2nd we lost the cure Bo peep left us for the animal ailment that had been plaguing the area. She said she would teach us how to make this potion so we could save the local livestock. This ongoing ailment has been a thorn in our side since coming to the Breach and needs to be dealt with. However after recent events how this will impact us in the long term remains to be seen.

3rd, this is of a more personal note, I lost my spell book and a few personal items that I left in the circle for safe keeping. I was wondering if I could borrow a spell book until mine can be retrieved. I would be thinking we will be heading back as soon as a proper force can be assembled. “

Feeling like the odd wolfkin out, Phelan follows his nose to the kitchen where he flashes his puppy dog eyes and acquires a haunch of venison and a flagon of ale. Taking his plate and flagon, Phelan ambles over to a table and proceeds to devour his meal. Wiping his muzzle clean Phelan leans back into his chair and takes a swig of ale. " Now what ? " he says out loud as he surveys the dining hall.

"The loss of your spellbook is detremental indeed. I think I have a guild spellbook in here somewhere..." Zanthia begins to rummage through her desk, then her cabinet, then through another door. More sounds of searching can be heard. "Darn, where did I put that thing... Ah hah!" She walks back into her study holding aloft a book that looks much like her own, but this one is bound with a leather string. "This should work for you for the time being." She hands the book to Fredric.

"As for the stone, we shall have to hope it is still there. The cure for the diseased animals can be obtained again, provided Bo Peep survived the attack. I think her chances are good as Kara Vale seemed focused on the Breach. If the worst has happened, we can have the potion workshops here find another cure." Zanthia seems lost in thought for a moment. "For now though, why don't I get someone to show you around?"

She walks over to the door and calls out. In moments, an Aspirant comes running up the hall. She is a small, dark-feathered Biata, who looks very young. "Ah, Jadesh. Your turn on third floor duty? How is your sister?"

"Good!" Jadesh sqeaks back.

"I'm glad to hear it." Turning to Fredric, "Jadesh's sister, Thara, is in training to become a Keeper. They both show great talent for the arts." Turning back to the Biata girl, "Jadesh, would you please find your sister and have her show Fredric our Enclave? He just obtained his Keeper rank so ask her to show him the council chamber as well."

"Yes Fatespinner!" Jadesh squeaks again then runs off.

"She'll be back quickly. Jadesh is a very eager student. Is there anything else before Thara comes?"

Fredrick thinks for a moment...."Thanks for the loan of the book and I do not think there is anything else at the moment. I will think on the matter a bit more thou we left in such a hurry I an sure there maybe something else."
Pausing for a second
"When I get a chance I will write to a freind in Ral' endas and see if this trouble is spreading north. I grew up only 5 days from Parson breach and the area was never this active before. Also with this large force only 7 days from the capital there is much to do here. However they would mostly go through Brightmoor first. The force we saw was large but they seemed to be focused on the Breach for now. An army of this force though will distroy any near by farms for food and will have to move within no more than a month if they are not getting supplies from somewhere."
Thinks some more..
" It has been a whiole since my early leasons in logistics back home. I wil try and get some more information on this when I have a chance. "

A knock on the still-open door signals the arrival of Thara. In the doorway stands a tall, young Biata woman with blue feathers.

"Thara! Thank-you for coming. Do you have some time to show Fredrick around?"

"Of course, Fatespinner." she replies, bowing a little.

"Thank-you. He has just obtained the rank of Keeper, so please show him the council chamber as well."

"Yes, Fatespinner."

"Enjoy your tour!" Zanthia calls behind the departing pair, then returns to her work.

Closing the door to the simplest room he had been able to arrange, Iswada set about unpacking the belonging he had carried from the Beach.

Somehow completing those simple tasks helped to take his mind of the most resent happenings. Briefly. They were the first actions that he was really aware of since he had stepped through the portal. He only dimly recalled Zanthia gathering up the earth casters and gently herding them to the safety of the enclave.

With his armor and arms hung on the wall, and potions and punches placed on the simple shelf, he sank cross legged to the floor. Perhaps meditation would clear his mind, and ease his spirit. Without Ithawda to balance the wheel of his life, it had so rapidly spun out of control. So much, lost so fast, with the fall of Parsons Breach.

Perhaps at least some could be recovered. Maybe the King has somehow survived the final battle. Possibly the gift from his mother would not be destroyed when the beasts took control of the Breach. If was even possible that he would find some way to atone for entering the Arcane Circle, and then his Biata gifts might return to the part of him that was now silent with shame.

As the meditation deepened, his breathing became more regular. The lines of his face were eased a little, washed by a single tear shed for each of the precious things lost...

"Come!" Zanthia calls to a knock on her door.

Eric opens the door and enters the room, closing it behind him.

"Eric! I understand you have been in with Nadja. Any news?" she says, seated at her desk.

"Yes, Fatespinner." he replies as he hands her the note.

Zanthia takes the note and opens it. After reading, she sighs, "I was afraid of this." She sits looking at the note, thinking for a moment. "I should go and see her if she isn't too busy."

Zanthia stands and walks over to the door, motioning for Eric to follow. "How long have you been with her?" she asks as they leave the room, closing the door.

"Many hours." Eric replies.

"You look exhausted. Go get some rest and have another sent up; some fresh food and drink as well." Zanthia stops and softly knocks on the door where Nadja is staying.

"Yes, thank-you." Eric bows and heads off down the hall. As he reaches the stairs, he sees the attendant has returned. "You sent the messages."

"Yes, they are on their way now." the attendant replies.

"Good. The Fatespinner has requested another to be sent to scribe for Nadja; and some fresh food and drink to be sent up as well. I'm exhausted. I'm going to bed."

"Yes, of course. Sleep well!" The attendant runs off down the stairs as Eric makes his way down to his room on the second floor.

The messenger returns from the Conclave-Penta and walks up to desk, passing by Math and the boy waiting for his note. The elderly lady behind the desk takes it from him then calls again to the boy, asking him to take it up to the third floor since he is going there anyway.

The boy takes both notes and runs off for the stairs.

Garridan enters the main foyer where Math is waiting, he approaches Math and pulls him off to the side to talk in private...

PM being sent

Arriving at the Enclave, Victoria observes the flurry of activity, she even spots a couple people she recognizes from Parson's Breach wandering around. She glides up to the large desk in the middle of the room, stopping in front of it she says "Please tell the Fatespinner that I, Her Grace Duchess Victoria, wishes to have a word with her, now." Turning from the desk she begins to walk towards the stairs leading to the third level where she knows Zanthia's quarters are located, she wonders if the little messenger will actually beat her up the stairs to announce her arrival. "So much to do" she thinks to herself as she walks.

The elderly lady behind the desk has no time to reply before the Dutchess walks away. Immediately she grabs the nearest Earthweaver and sends him running as fast as his legs will carry him up the back stairs. He arrives out of breath at the top of the stairs where the third floor attendant is posted. He gasps out that the Dutchess is coming. The attendant takes off running down the hall to the door of Zanthia's chambers and in his haste none-too-politely bangs on it.

"Enter" he hears the voice call from the other side. The attendant comes in with such a look on his face that she immediately stands.

"Mederios! What has happened?"

"Dutchess Victoria is here! She's coming up the stairs!"

"The Dutchess? She rarely comes here. Quickly, have some tea and snacks sent up."

"Yes." he replies, running off so fast he leaves the door open.

Zanthia quickly begins straightening up her office, clearing chairs and a table for the tea.

Reaching the top of the stairs, Victoria sees a very red faced Earthweaver moving away from the Fatespinners door. "It seems someone did make it up here before me. Good lad" she thinks, smiling.

Approaching the door, she looks to her two guards and says "you may wait here just outside the door". Her guard Chip replies "Yes Your Grace" and knocks on the door loudly for her.

"Enter" Zanthia calls through the open door, still straigtening up. She turns and sees the Dutchess in the doorway.

"Your Grace." She curties. "Won't you please sit?"

"Thank you kindly for seeing me Fatespinner" Victoria says as she sits.

"Please do not concern yourself with tidying....I know how busy the past few days have been and the trials you have been through recently at Parson's Breach. I have heard all about it. We don't expect you to be taking the time to clean with so much else to do. Sit, please."

"It is the recent events at Parson's Breach that has brought me to see you. It seems that the foe you faced there is very powerful, so much so that many are afraid that the ArchMage and The King are dead and not merely missing. The Queen is distraught, she has locked herself away in her rooms and will see no one. And so I feel that I must step forward, as a member of the Royal Family, to lend you my support and aid in recovering the Breach and searching for my brother. Tell me what it is that you need and I will see it done. I owe it to my brother to not let the Kingdom he loves fall into despair, I shall lead if I must in the name of the King and Queen, for as long as it is necessary until The King is returned to us for I still have hope. Tell me, what are your plans currently in regards to the search and Parson's Breach?"

Breathing deeply Isawda breaks his meditation and looks around his small, almost cell like room with a smile. Apparently he had been well cared for while he re-centered himself. The simple table now held a plain meal that had been delivered quietly, and the wash basin in the corner had been refilled with fresh water.

Soon. Soon they must begin their march back to Parson Breach. With so much at stake there was no alternative, and no option for delay. But there was no assurance of victory either. They would be weaker now, without the King and the Arch Mage, than when they were forced to retreat. The enemy on the other hand, would have used the intervening weeks to add to their strength.

Since there will be fewer of us, we must be that much better prepared. With that thought Isawda turn to his armor and weapons. They have hung quietly on the wall for long enough. Time to insure both were ready and make any small repairs they might need. In little more than a day they would head back toward the Breach. At the end of a weeks travel many questions would find answers. One way or another.

Garridan, finished with his discussion with Math, takes his leave returning to Nadya's room. As he steps into the landing at the top of the third floor, he notices the guards standing outside the Fate Spinner's door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back