Elemental Weapons

If it's for plot-specific reasons, you can always bring it to your local plot team. No reason they can't make an LCO "If it's KBed with flame, it's considered cremated for plot purposes" rule.

Then again, they may say no for those same plot reasons. Carrying flint and tinder doesn't take up much space in a pouch.

phedre said:
Then again, they may say no for those same plot reasons. Carrying flint and tinder doesn't take up much space in a pouch.
Personally, if I was running a mod and a player said "Hey, I have a box of matches, I'm going to cremate this guy," I'd say no dice. He or she'd need some far more serious firepower to crumble a body to powder, and more time than I reckon he or she would be trying to do it in as well.

Yeah, as of right now I'm just kind of setting bodies on fire and hoping they burn well enough that they don't come back after they dissipate. Prolly not workin' super great.

Undrask said:
Yeah, as of right now I'm just kind of setting bodies on fire and hoping they burn well enough that they don't come back after they dissipate. Prolly not workin' super great.

Since this would basically render Rebirth useless, yeah, probably not. I know I'd be super sad if it did.

Draven said:
Undrask said:

Since this would basically render Rebirth useless, yeah, probably not. I know I'd be super sad if it did.

Doesn't rebirth heal the body you're in to a livable level? (excuse my newbness)

Rebirth is a life spell. It heals the character back to 1 body.

If plot wants to say that KBing a permanently dead body with a flame aura cremates the body because the Flame Overlord was feeling particularly generous when someone asked him for a favor, cool.

It's not in the RAW, and like the Rebirth issue brings up, probably shouldn't be supported in an LCO capacity that KBing a body is an instant-cremate. Rendering someone unable to receive a life spell is overpowered... it''s basically a Shatter Spirit via weapon carrier.

This should probably be in Marshal Questions or Rules Discussion.

A Rebirth is a Life spell. This is one of the many reasons that it's impossible to damage a body beyond repair in under 5 minutes. Death removes (nearly) all status effects, and Life fixes Dead. You could have a fingernail left behind, Life that (so long as the spirit is in it) and BAM! all lost body parts are restored.

phedre said:

If plot wants to say that KBing a permanently dead body with a flame aura cremates the body because the Flame Overlord was feeling particularly generous when someone asked him for a favor, cool.

It's not in the RAW, and like the Rebirth issue brings up, probably shouldn't be supported in an LCO capacity that KBing a body is an instant-cremate. Rendering someone unable to receive a life spell is overpowered... it''s basically a Shatter Spirit via weapon carrier.

Well if there are still any kinds of remains there, ash or not, a Life should still be able to work, yes? Magic is magic because MAGIC, eh?

I think the answer I'm getting is: No, but maybe LCO (Barran has funky stuff for death and bodies anyways).

Undrask said:
phedre said:

Well if there are still any kinds of remains there, ash or not, a Life should still be able to work, yes? Magic is magic because MAGIC, eh?

Absolutely....but wouldn't that line of thinking also render your entire reason for destroying bodies in the first place rather pointless? ;)

Draven said:
Undrask said:
phedre said:

Absolutely....but wouldn't that line of thinking also render your entire reason for destroying bodies in the first place rather pointless? ;)

Ah! Not to get rid of a Life or Rebirth spell, but to prevent them from coming back as undead. In Barran, the dead rise every damn midnight unless you burn or otherwise get rid of the body. They might even come back DESPITE that. As a mortician, it's sorta my job to TRY and prevent that.

Kind of a convoluted issue, I know :p

Meh, I can still bring them back from the dead. Not having a body just means you get one somewhere else or reconstitute it.

Dan Nickname Beshers said:
Just to be clear, delivering a Flame killing blow does not constitute a cremation anymore than an Ice killing blow constitutes a Sub-Zero fatality.

But if an Ice killing blow COULD deliver a Sub-Zero fatality, it would be the most used KB in the game! :hahaha:

But it only works if an OOG plot member said "Finish Him!" before the KB started.

Yay, I was so helpful in this discussion! In that I, y'know, completely detrailed it back into the realm of videogame nerddom. XD

Back