Event Favorites - End of May

AllianceNJ

Spellsword
Post them here

back to back nero. Im getting too old for this... But some favorite moments for the weekend in no coherent thought

Nordenn - Love my dysfunctional team of packet madness.

Sexy Ritual plot! using both schools of magic. Spellcrafting my own Undead Slayer. sexiness on a stick. And then letting the vansir borrow the "earth" mace with the monster slayer on it. hehehehehe

Ren asking glorianna if she can buy components so she can get invested and Glorianna looking at her like shes insane and ordering her to go get them.

Sacrificing Grandmas Stake of Woe to make the Penumbra Blade. Glorianna being so tortured in not wanting to give it up and seeking guidance, only to mentally harm iggy by mistake. She had no one to help her and almost didnt allow it to be made with her stake! FInally saying screw this, if Im sacrificing it then Im going to get to call some shots. In the end Henrys elf is who influenced her the most to stay the course.

All thngs Ali B. Aislyns eyes of doom asking to be the sacrifice and Glorianna unable to say no to her. Her heart melting into bits because Glori knows the torture Aislyn has suffered under Glanthian hands... and Glori refusing to let ANYONE kill Aislyn but her own hand.

Shya gving glori a gift of rendering her stake of woe... only to find out the stake has to be sacrificed. Stupid oclock Nerds tring to make sense of chicken scratch and no one remembering anything. Wake up next morning Aoeun walks in and says Yeah you gotta do 12345 and 6. ANd glori looking at him an yelling, next time you dont leave until you have mind melded the info into Shyas brain!

CURSING Arianne. Thank you kelly. Pig nose and losts of oinking does not a sexy vampire make, but you did it to make me feel cool, youe the tops. Glori now has to tell her people to hide ... a lot.

Dancing with obliteration and calling no effect: the hawtness.

All things Mike S. Glorianna finally screwing up the courage to asking Trevor and him saying yes. And Trevor and Raven coming to an "accord" which pissed glori off so much Trevor knelt to her causing more problems. Yeah this is going to last.....

Talks of "make sure he has a war stallion and not a shetland pony...." He must have a horse LARGE enough for your wagon.... too small and youll need an endow. Getting endows all weekend from people to help glori in case trevors horse is a pony. Little 11 year old Cotti confused and now knowing what people are telling her auntie.

Thanks pcs and npcs like for a great weekend. This is the last of battle glorianna. I need to let me anke heal. See Glorianna at the ducal ball.

And Darksiding next H event
~Erica

Same as Erica, I'm doing back-to-back NERO again and oh my god is it killing me. Despite that, I had an absolutely amazing weekend thanks to all you crazy people.

Some favorites, I'll probably slap down some more when I'm more coherent:

- Vex Squaaad! ..and their wild elf flunky. Seriously, I love rolling with these guys and Sevaria loves her dwarves. Thank you for putting up with a cranky wild elf this weekend.

- The character development that occurred for Sevaria was awesome this weekend. I really had to push the bounds of my character and the roleplay was just so excellent. It's been one of those weekends where I still feel like I'm channeling her mood, one of those weekends where I truly felt like I was in character and her plotline was progressing. I can't thank you all enough for that.

- On that note, long discussions and roleplay with Amaranthus. Bill, you're awesome.

- Roleplaying with Henry's PC (who's name I will not give the discourtesy of misspelling). There were some really intense moments there too -- you've got an awesome character there, man.

- Being on the other side of Dustin. You know, it's kind of scary knowing the PC you've thrown eight million chaos storms at as an NPC is now on the other side fence for you.

- Sevaria realizing she had been infected and telling Henry's PC to kill her since she didn't want the taint of necromancy anywhere on her -- and then three minutes into her death count, hearing OOG that the obelisk had been destroyed and anyone who was infected returned to normal. Is it bad I think that's funny?

- Feeling badass as a low-level templar. Hey, all it took was twelve gold worth of scrolls and a magic sword!

- Hanging out in NPC camp for a bit and getting an excuse to swing pipe and to freak out IG. I love you NPCs, you guys are nuts.

I'm exhausted and I have to work at the crack of dawn tomorrow, but I really did have a fantastic weekend. Thank you staff, plot, NPCs, and all you crazy guys for giving me a great weekend. Hopefully I'll see you all at Caldaria in a few weeks! :>

Unfortunately I only have a few. Mostly because of my hand, but also because I couldn't really do much the entire event.

However, as a 9th level non-streamlined MWE Fighter, it was a much different fight with only a normal weapon.
"I command you to be dominated!"
*Packet hits my shield with ease.* "Resist."
I had just enough resists to save me, although I used them all, I didn't get feared or dominated successfully. Well, I think maybe once, but that was Saturday, and someone hit me with an awaken just afterwards.

Ah yes, guilt-trip break command on Laguna.

It was fun scouring the upper-area with Zat' in a long search. Though I practically had to hold her up so her legs could take her back to the tavern.

I did enjoy the last fight where I was up by Baron Ruri, trying to be another shield, and trying to catch anyone that got feared.

It was disturbingly enjoyable to cause so much controversy by telling the truth.
"Damn you and your honesty."

This is probably the least fun I've had at an event, but I'm sure it'll get better. It was just a combination of feeling useless, being in pain, and... well... I am not a fan of vampire plot in any way.

OMG I had such an awesome time this weekend. The entire thing was a favorite, but here's a few specific moments:

-Being involved with a long term plotline where I actually KNEW what was going on! After being there for the joining of the bloodlines a few years ago and working with the other PCs over time, it was very satisfying to be a part of this.

-All things Ali. She was so fired up to be at this event. Given her character's history and experience... Seeing her be so involved, getting to use the Book of the Dawn to destroy Tyranos, and dealing with the RP of the sacrifice... 7 different kinds of awesome.

-Our rocking module team and me having an "on" weekend with my spells (Thanks Chazz lol). Earth aura bow + 2 weakness/confine combos and a silence = kickass. The atmosphere and the props on that module were some of the best I've seen in a while. Kudos Scott.

-Spending time with my team. I miss you guys.

-Ok, not a favorite IG but still a memorable moment - Gwendara's obliteration. Standing there backpacking her only to watch her go poof right in front of me. Alushtas came to me later saying how impressed he was that I still stood there afterwards when everyone else backed away. I had to admit that it was not bravery but shock that held me there... really intense roleplay. Then later having Gwen come up to me and saying she'd still have me at her back any day. Wow.

-Being a blood thrall again. Rolling up to the crowd of PCs and seeing Ikmoqs rolling out of the pack to activate two purifies right at me. Sweet.

-Aria's awesome Repel to get a vamp off of Gwen. Nice move.

-Losing Ragnar. More on that later.

I know there are more but my lunch hour is over. Will post more later!!!

-Being scared again. It's not often that I go to a game and am actually scared of what's about to happen to my character. It's part of the reason I play this game, and it was great to have that back again.

My mind is always a blurr, which makes it very difficult to do favorite moments but here is my shot.

Finaly getting my winter write up. Slipping letters to people on friday night in responce.

People's reaction to my colors. Sun backing me up and telling people how I have been wearing them for years. Later giving Sun the whole run down (which i do about once a year) and her responces to it. RP was great.

Aslyn comming out of her ward to meet me after telling me she dosent trust me becasue I "wear Dominon colors". The staring match that ensued. I was almost cetain that was going to end in a fight (one that would have ended with me getting powned).

Biata Plot. Meeting the Thesi (sp) ambasidor again.

Messing with Sivaria. Giving her a small idea of what I am capable of, and oftering to teach. The RP in general was awesome.

Smokers guild conversation about the various war effots, going over maps, and generaly talking tactics and such.

Playing Amaranthus without hitting his rage extreme, or is cruelty extreme entierly becasue of in game action of people which kept him stuck in the middle of his extremes.

Delayed reaction to Henry's characters late night comment.

I know there is much more but my mind is a blurr. See everyone in Caldaria in two weeks.
--bill
Caldaria Staff
Caldaria Rules Marshal

PS: Grats to Brian Bender for the award. You being at an event always brings a level of awesome thats noticed by just about everyone.

Okay, here are my favorites......

* Rolling with Team Blythedale. After a great IG discussion about our poor tactics, we really started working together as a unit and it paid off.

* Garathon and I protecting Kotual as he threw wave after wave of Earth Storms against the vampires.

* The trade deal with the Galanthians.

* Telokh. He is going to be a great addition to the Blythedale team.

* Watching Garathon get more and more involved and seeing his confidence.

* Hearing Laguna's story about being kidnapped. Yikes!

* Harrassing Nathan evey event about my Repentence ritual.

* Veil. Ivan has dutifully been trying to guide her toward righteousness, but the results of her trial just crushed him. Great role-playing (and I hope you aren't mad at me OOG!).

* The Plot this week-end was soooo good.

* NPCing on Saturday afternoon and really having fun as a crunchie undead.... especially down by the stream and by the Obilesk.

* The Vote (Lochaber to the left, Arriene to the right). I loved that Glorianna was just not going to suffer through another decision like the one to release the Dominion.

* Resurrecting. After passing through all the stone elves and biata I could find while I was a spirit, poor Zat couldn't find anyone to rez me, so she did it herself. She talked Ivan back from the clutches of the Darkness. I know rezzing is suppose to be a bad thing, but I actually enjoyed it.

* Landiara's late night burnt cheeseburgers. Mmmmmmm.........

* Ignatius' unwavering sense of duty just amazes me.

I think there's more, but I'm still recovering. See you all in 4 weeks!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Here's my first go, I'm sure there will be more later.

- How could anything else be on the top of my list other than the OBLITERATION. Holy crap that was intense. Holding the front line, at a shield position for as long as I did was amazing and I owe almost all of it to my Ezri backpack. Michelle, you were amazing. Everything IG before and after the obliteration was not one of but THE biggest event of my character and Alliance career.

- Having Shya tell me, "Ok you, no more resurrecting or dying!" Me: "How about we keep this a little simpler? No more obliterations." Shya looking at me with a mix of shock and awe and then holding her hand out. I thought for sure I was going to get a scolding slap on the hand for doing what my character does. Instead she shakes my hand and says, "Congratulations, you've done something on the very short list of things I have not done." That was also a huge moment IG for me.

- The RP with Tom after my Oblit resurrection and his regular resurrection. Intense for so many different levels IG.

- Aria and the best timed repel I have ever seen! The vampire on me was just saying "I infect you Thr-" when the packet hit him and he had to back off. No free lunches for you! Kudos on that throw!

- Aislynn! Getting to meet her in game after we talked so much in the dream realm was great. I thoroughly enjoyed all of our conversations. Gwen can be quiet at times and I loved your, "So, are you able to speak or-?" as our introduction. All of Ally's roleplay and the level of immersion and stress for her character were top notch. And as I'm sure she realizes, especially after the obliteration, I meant every word I said to her leading up to this. :)

- The late night 3 am mod and crew we rolled with. As usual one word: wow. It's so amazing that I can get the same level of intensity and stress from the mission we went on as an all out use every skill you have IG and OOG just to get through. I thought for sure I was going to res again, and after the obliteration I was really scared! Fortunately, Tab was there and adjudicated a small mess up. Whew.

- "Backpacking" Uzio in the final fight. A scout backpack is interesting to say the least, but between potions, items, racials and my sword we kicked some serious a**. Uzio is another person my character will fight beside any place and any time.

- Bivouac site out in the middle of nowhere. It's been WAAAY to long since I cowboy camped and it was amazing. Though...getting to where I was camped in the pitch black...not so much fun, lol. I think I hit almost every downed tree along the way!

- The prophecy dream and looking for the cave or the stone afterwards. My character's avatar and personal sigil is the phoenix so that took really special meaning to her. I don't know whether it was intentional or not (FOIG I'm sure) but thanks Mike that was awesome.

- As far as looking for the cave, Mike's quote as relayed to me. "There's 40 acres of land. You'll know it when you see it. Go." Ugh!! I tromped up and down, through and around and the only thing I found of interest was some stupid rock with a pink ribbon tied around it which looked like it had been there forever.

- The coat Sheila made for me! I can't tell you how many compliments I got on it, you did an awesome job woman! Now we just have to fix that obliterated arm pit... I'm sorry I'm hard on clothing!

I'm sure there's more, I'll post later!

Oh jeez how could I forget this!

- Bodyguarding Ren as she opened up with her Magic Storms! I have never felt so good for eating up chaos and fears. Good thing I have a fair number of racials at this point. Having Ren come up to me and thank me afterwards along with Sym was really fulfilling.

- Speaking of Sym, the monster slayer he spell crafted on my sword was great and terrible at the same time. I didn't want to accept it but with Glorianna and Sun not around yet and vampires killing my friends with no way of affecting them I chose a little celestial pain over death!

I won NERO...err...Alliance. Twice.

More to post later.

Thank you PC, NPC, and everyone on plot for making this an awesome weekend.
-Ali

what a weekend!!!

Oink, I recall one
oink, I recall two
oink I recall three. I was laughing so hard I almost fell over.

standing there as Ragnar's spirit shattered was so intense I had people thinking I was hurt or really upset oog as I trucked down the hill to get his body.

Flint, and all his kewlness and awesomeness as he celebrated Ragnar in a way Shya just could not do because she was so upset.

Glori: "WOMAN, what order are we should we do this in??"
Shya: you're asking me??? I cant remember, what did I write down? do it in that order.
Glori: but this makes no sense
Shya: then do the vampire slayer before folding in the stake of woe....and it being correctly done

Aislyn and Sym discussing who got to be the sacrifce... and then finding out that for arraine it had to be a female sacrifice.

all things my team!!! go team geek

discussions with Iggy

7 pc biata!!!!!

I am sure there are more...when I remember them I will post.

This event was very challenging for me. I left feeling unsure if I enjoyed myself... but looking back... I think I was confusing how hard it was for my character and not myself. i made this character when i was 17 and he was just me in different clothes (which is of course why i was always in trouble back then) and am finally starting to see him become someone else who is not me at all which is really challenging and really rewarding in the long run, even if i have to take a few bumps along the way.

As always I will begin with ALL THINGS MAGES GUILD. love the current plot. love the infighting. love all of it.

Tom Haswell. you have no idea what you started man.

Ithica/Todd and the freaking frat house that was our cabin all weekend long. my stomach hurt from laughing so much, and i am still exhusted from being up till stoopid o'clock for the first time since i returned to nero.

The duel magic storm thing we had going around the vampire circle. that was the FIRST time I have cast that spell and seen everything about it work as I believe it was intended. the whole town defended the casters and I felt very useful.

The Invisibility Ritual Backlash with the guildmaster. Proof that Mike V. has an explosive personality, and special effects are super fun!

Tithraq and our banter about all of us not being who we were claiming.

Hanging with Team Human and our Kergani sidekick (i'm gunna get hit for that)

My wonderful girlfriend FINDING my lost primary tag ring. Scott, you are totally right. I am building girl sized box to keep her in now. progress reports to follow.

More Favs:

-Scott munching on my dog as a bestial vampire. What made it even more funny was that after he was taken down, Ruby jumped on him and started licking his face. Well, you bit her, she was roleplaying!

-Scott as Sir Madric. Ezri didn't realize who it was that was leading us to Tyranos's stonghold... she saw eyepatch and thought you were a vacarran at first, but within a few seconds knew that couldn't be right. Her jaw hit the floor when she found out who she was talking to.

-Aww heck, all things Scott.

-Scolding Ivan at the squire's meeting for being reckless. Never in a million years did I think this character would ever sit there and put a noble in his place.

-RP with Henry as Qualin. Love this character man. He needs to hang out with us more often.

-Enlightening chats with Joaquinn. You always make me think when you play that character Chazz.

-Threatening Fishercat. We had three people on the ground, were surrounded and calling for help, and he was busy chasing Veil and trying to put her hat back on her head. It's all IG Rich!

-Again, not a favorite per se, but memorable all the same, was the permanent death of Ragnar. I feel like I was just getting to know this character, and how he's gone. *sniff* Justin as Flint in the tavern afterward just made it even more bittersweet. Thanks for that man.

-Female nerds unite! Ok, there were some guys helping too, but it was mostly us chicks. ;)

-Empress Bacon Face. I didn't get to see the actual cursing go down, but to come back from Aislynn's resurrection and see Arienne with a pig's nose was priceless. We are so going to pay for that.

Thank you HQ for another incredible event!

-Fear. Not the arcane kind, but really feeling like, "Oh sh*t how is this winnable?!" I love it when that happens.

-Vex Squad! I am truly blessed to roll with the folks I do. Thank you so much guys for always being there for me and helping me out soo much when I need.

-People coming to my aid when I thought all hope was lost Saturday morning at logistics. Thank you Michelle, Marla, and Scott for helping me out. <3 <3 <3

-Thanks Jess, Brian, and Chazz for hooking me up with my necessary duds.

-Scott Kondrk. I don't really need to say why, we all know. However, the encounters with Lochabar this time around were really special for me, and not just because one of them left me shoe-less.

-+3 Earth Axe!

-Dwarves! I could weep with happiness. I won't because I've been doing too much of that lately. Rolling with talented roleplayers who want to be these characters and make them come alive is like the happiest thing that could ever happen to me in this game ever. Tedd, Sean, Aaron...you guys rock...of Trellheim.

-Brian Bender! Congratulations on your award my friend, you bring it all to the game. I love every one of your characters. I think I may love hearing about the stories even more, legend status sir.

-Roleplay with Kelsey. Sevaria is awesome. Kelsey is hardcore. The combo is better than macaroni and cheese.

-Watching Henry have a blast with his new PC that has been in the works for years. Sitting back and observing him be his inner Elf.

-Glorianna laying the curse bitch slap on Arienne. Hell yeah, take that pig nose! Think about your man ALL THE TIME, and oink while you do it. Dizamn. I love you Erica.

-Kelly taking the curses like a champ, and still managing to make a pig nose look good. Why'd you have to recall? :)

-Bill for being Johnny on the spot with extra boots. Dude I still have them and they are well, you shall have them back when we meet again!

-My friend Mike Stabley. I wept when Ragnar passed, and caused a ruckus in tribute. All moments passed rolling with you rushed into my head. I am sorrowful that the character is no more, but I feel privileged to have known Ragnar, and had the chance to fight along his side with 3 different PCs. Great times man, great times!

-The tireless efforts of hardcore NPCs. I cannot name you all individually, but you know who you are. Thank you so much for bringing it this weekend. You were incredible. I cannot sing enough praises for your great attitudes and fortitude this weekend. The encounters were rough, demanding, intense, and combat heavy...you made it look easy. Thank you.

This was a wonderful weekend overall. I got to wear a beard again. I got to see people I love and forge new relationships with characters Justin has known for years, but is just getting to know as a new character. It felt like I came home, this weekend in HQ, thank you everyone.

<3

Justin Coggin

Can't forget to say thanks to Alex for putting together the most delicious Peanut butter and Jelly for me ever. Thanks man, that was so nice of you!

Tetsu said:
Can't forget to say thanks to Alex for putting together the most delicious Peanut butter and Jelly for me ever. Thanks man, that was so nice of you!

You're very welcome. Besides, I would hate to have to fight a hungry PC.

Team Nero er umm Alliance... Having been playing for 10 years on single player, pressing restart and playing on team mode I really am still in awe of how much it changes the game, for the better. Thankyou stormblades you are all made of awsome sauce. :D

Accidentally being too sneaky and having my own little early morning search party... people care about me oog its so cute ;)

Undead monster slayer of awsomeness. Nice way to turn an alchemist into something usefull on THE undead weekend.

"human men and mwe women, am I that predicable?" :roll:

All things Tab.

Alot of personal character growth and actually acheiving RP zen as Iky the first time in a very very long time.

Mod Spike of doom.... and knowing i'm so broken the lvls don't matter.

Production in sheets...

Coat of awsome team colors. Sheila rocks.

What are you thinking That is so my teasure- guy
you think so huh? -iky
Ikmoqs is everything alright over there? -andros
OH SH*t...um your Ikmoqs-guy
that is my name -iky
never mind sorry i was wrong ..sorry bye! -guy (as he's back peddling)
:lol:

-Cortni

Sneaking in board time at work... bad me!

Oh well. In no particular order:

- Playing Lucrezia the vampire gypsy. I've actually never played one of our accented wonders before, and I had a lot of fun! Plus trying to make up vague things for palm-reading that sounded believable was challenging enough that I kind of want to learn how to do it for real in order to fake it better in the future. Plus the roleplay with Arienne was great- trying to backpedal and somehow squirm out of getting killed for helping Fairedale, trying to stand my ground and NOT get killed by the adventurers, then fleeing for my life when she gave me the chance!

- Empress Bacon Face. (Thanks Mish for that fabulous moniker!) I thought I was going to have a heart attack just from laughing at those curses! "Oink I recall one, Oink I recall two, Oink I recall three!" *dies*

-All things Torie. You rock my socks lady.

-PC's jumping the fence and darksiding! Everyone that came over was great, and we SO needed the help!

-Todd's little "note delivery" zombies. PC's were so confused! ^_^

Ok, really need to get back to work... had a great time this weekend! I'm definitely glad next weekend is time off though, I can't take too much back-to-backing anymore!

-Illana

Whew...what a weekend.

I didn't get very involved in the plot of the weekend, but I still had a great time. I got to see a lot of characters I haven't gotten to interact with for a long time, and met a whole slew of new ones.

I really enjoyed getting the opportunity to hang out with a bunch of dwarves IG and to RP with most everyone in town at one point or another.

Saturday night was pretty good, all things considered. I'm glad Ragnar went out fighting rather than getting jumped by something outside his cabin.

For me the best part of that fight was getting rid of the chaos storm with a mission impossible type rogue run.

Me- Baron Rory, I'll be right back, I'm gonna go kill that guy with the chaos storm
Baron Rory- If you think you can, be my guest
(I come running back after belly crawling through the NPC's)
Gwendara- That was freaking AWESOME

I also enjoyed listening in at the tavern after Ragnar permed. Justin was almost out of control leading cheers and stories...I couldn't have asked for anything more than that and it definitely took the sting out.

I had an absurdly long run as that character and took from it a lot of good memories. I can't wait to start playing a new one and get a look at the game from a different perspective.

Back