Eviction Notice details thread

Both I and my ladyfriend shall be there as well, NPCing for our second time and probably getting shot repeatedly by Virid's bow. Yay!

CompuDiver said:
You can mark down Brandon, and his sister Chelsea as maybe's.

npc or pc?

I'll be NPCing part of it. I'll probably PC a few of the scenarios.
Everybody remember to bring plenty of water, these sorts of games tend to be super busy. They're pretty much 6 hours of straight combat. I'm sure we'll get some OOG breaks between scenarios, but they're an awful lot of fighting. Keep in mind that you'll probably want to bring some stuff that you swap into for when you're NPCing; you're really not going to want to PC the whole time, you'll be dead tired and out of skills really fast, which just means resurrecting more. Last time I think nearly everyone ressed at least once, I think the ones who didn't just outran the NPCs at one point. :lol: When will we know if there's any catering and what the cost for that might be?

Matt/Iftikhaar

Will we be expected to take part in each and every "mod", or can we sit one out for a break?

wbush3 said:
Will we be expected to take part in each and every "mod", or can we sit one out for a break?

You can sit out if you need an OOG break (though we'd prefer it if you did it at a point that 'made sense' IG, but if you need a break, you need a break.). We aren't trying to kill you for real. ;)

Matt's comments are fair - remember that it's a battle-intensive day, and keep in mind that NPCs have more or less infinite resources - if you die, you can always come in as a different dwarf, and PCs have a limited number.

You can always sit out, and if you're overheating, I definitely recommend it. You can always sit an entire segment out, and as we mentioned, you will always have the option at the start of a segment (or, you know, if you rezz) to play as a dwarf.

As I am still trying to build LARP cred as a fighter, I'll be there as a PC.

I am open to anything you may have planned for story needs >:)

Tony C
AKA Tode
Player 197

if i can convince my brother to go i might be able to make it, but if he doesn't i won't be able to.

jpariury said:
Matt's comments are fair - remember that it's a battle-intensive day, and keep in mind that NPCs have more or less infinite resources - if you die, you can always come in as a different dwarf, and PCs have a limited number.

You can always sit out, and if you're overheating, I definitely recommend it. You can always sit an entire segment out, and as we mentioned, you will always have the option at the start of a segment (or, you know, if you rezz) to play as a dwarf.

Just to confirm - there will be no PC skill resets during the day, correct? That's my assumption but with the format I wanted to ask (not sure if it will affect how people choose to PC or NPC).

Polare said:
if it will affect how people choose to PC or NPC.
My impression is that people will have the ability to ping-pong between PCing and NPCing as they desire, and that the intent isn't really that anyone is expected to actually PC the whole time. I think it'll be a little rough to attempt to PC it throughout the whole day.

Matt is correct. Although it is perfectly ok to PC all encounters, our general suggestion will be to pick and choose encounters that seem the most fitting for your character, and NPC the others. The only expectation is that once you start a 1 hour session as either a PC or NPC, that you stay as that thing for the rest of the session. The only way to go from PC to NPC during a session is if you resurrect you will be given the option to come in as an NPC if you so choose. There will be some time (10-15 minutes) between sessions for people to change garb, get new monster cards, etc. This series of battles is a small representation of a much larger fight, so the decision to go on one session versus another is in many ways an OOG decision about what will be the most fun for you as a player. If you think your character would be present for "everything," but you as a player only want to PC 3 out of the 6, remember your character could very easily be assisting in a different part of the fight off camera, and may have had little choice as to his getting stationed there/sucked into that part of the fight.

Also, I am really excited about this. I think it is going to be a blast.

Due to a severe back injury I will be unable to come to this event. I hope to make it to the October event.

Hey, check it out, there are more details! (By check it out, I mean look at the original post!)

Also, regarding food cateringness - unfortunately, our original idea fell through, so we won't have amazing cooked food catered in. HOWEVER, would people be interested in going in on like a giant sub and yangload of chips and fruit, plus sodas or water? While we will be pretty centrally located for food stuffs, I think having everyone stick around during lunch will help get us back into play that much faster.

Thoughts?

I'd be in on group lunching.

Back