Favorites from the opener!

"But Friday didn't end there, oh no! Well, I guess it was really early Saturday. Whatevers. The abduction of Qiu Jin Wu!!! Qiu Jin Wuthecrapjusthappened mod. I walk into the tavern from then common room, weerily carrying my gear, about ready to call it for the evening. Suddenly I hear a lay on call, not even having known there was a hold. I dash outside and start fighting a bunch of spiders with Ameranthus, Avian, Delaldur, Raavna, and Lokan. Amer is freaking because apparently Jin Wu was just picked up off the balcony by a horse-sizer spider and dragged into a hole in the ground. So, naturally, we go after him. While in the portal to the mod room we were presented with three clear options; run, give the spider a bit of our blood, or come in the room and die. We chose option D: kick ***. So we got back our Elf. It was really cool. It made my character truly consider the code of chivalry and what it really meant. I told Craig that the reason I stayed was because he was completely vulnerable. He was (though an incredible strong character and player) the weak at that moment. Thou shalt respect the weak, and constitute thyself the defender of them. Hells yeah."

I am so happy that people liked that. I ran it by plot and they rolled with it and wile it did not "HOOK" as planed it worked out fine. And most of all players liked it :)

The guys on staff write plot that is easy to work with and fun to play.

Thank you staff
Tim

lol horse spider lol. I bet that sticks IG.

Tim

OK I HAVE MORE!

NPCS! SHEESH! you guys did an amazing job all weekend. You folks were tireless and awesome and I sincerely appreciate everything you did and I hope we entertained you as much as you did us. Thank you thank you thank you all so much..

Eric for the gnolls on the creek side while we were gold hunting... doopie doo oh look gnoll crunchies.. doopie do OH CRIPES THEY SWINGING DEATH!! (( totally lifed gwendara with her own item...i rule))

Roleplaying Grim and Fera.. she was an awesome foil to his crass and blunt behavior.. it was like he had a Grim to english translator. Please pc more you are sincerely a blast to play with and i'm psyched that we got in the bunny mod.. you totally saved our asses by stalling!

Loken when he lost the soul.. dude passing you and the brief exchange I could just feel the heaviness.. well done.. counter that with the glee when you showed me the item ya snagged from the poker game... WIN!

Messing with amanda's npc..

Scott ripping on Rob's stripper golem on the vampire mod.

Robb being an awesome sport about stuff and not taking things seriously. I'm sorry I can't be there next month to play pirates with seradyn...

Being on the outside of political drama and not being involved!

Landing multiple character goals in a single weekend..win!

Hanging with rowan awesome time each time. reliable fellow.

god what am i missing?

Okay, here are my favorites:

* Aven and Ignatius getting knighted. They are both awesome characters and I think they'll both be great nobles.

* Obadiah and Flint getting squired. Ivan can't wait to start testing these two! (Here's a hint: Start memorizing the Code.)

* Garathon and Elara's character history plotline. Unfortunately, I can't say too much here (FOIG), but suffice it to say that they really role-played their choices. Also, Vince was awesome as the NPC villain.

* Hearing that people enjoyed the mods and encounters down by the woods. I got some great feedback from people, so I guess I've got to keep coming up with stuff.

* Meeting some great new players (Maggie, Chris, the guys from Pantheon, etc.). I hope they keep coming to events (and bring their friends).

* Discussions with my future "father-in-law" Darkan about his trial. We didn't talk long, but it was kinda deep.

* Electricity in the cabins (except mine..... *sniff, sniff*)

* The NPCs were few, but energetic. I really appreciate all their contributions and hard work. Thank you NPCs!

* Seeing Scott and Dee enjoy PCing the event (instead of worrying about the site or the game too much).

* Henry and his group "breaking" one of the woods encounters. The group basically pushed the plotline faster than it was suppose to go, but Mike Strauss brainstormed a great solution based upon the ambitious actions of the PCs. It was a great example of plot rolling with the punches and adapting to the actions of the PCs.

* Grimm joining the Blythedale team.

* I almost hate to say it, but one of my highlights every event is going to dinner on Saturday night with Todd (Ithica), Brian (Garathon) and the group. As we all know, Todd is always good for a least 2 or 3 great stories.

* The great (and growing) Blythedale team! You guys are so fun to roll with and I appreciate you all letting me pretend I'm the baron.

* Rob kicking *** with both Logistics and Nathan the Golem.

* The late night IG discussion between Ivan and Ithica.

* Last and certainly not least, everyone seemed to pitch in and do a much better job of keeping the site clean. Thank you. Let's keep it up for the rest of the season!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

WARNING: I cannot spell while on flexerol, so forgive me.

WOW! After spending most of last season sick, in the hospital, or getting better, I was SO HAPPY to see everyone.

NPC's, you guys rock my world. Talk about gerbil-in-wheel syndrome! All 8 of you that pushed yourselves to the limit to keep us PC's busy and happy. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Really getting into some of the politics that come with playing a Biata for the first time. Meeting the Councilman, and whispering to Gwendara " Ok, so I'm really new to all this...Do I kneel to him?" The amused smile she shot me. "Yes, kneeling might be good."

Listening to Grymsbe explain himself in the Biata-only meeting. Never have I felt such genuine longing before. Totally forgot we were playing a game. ^_^

Getting told I was an amazing acrobat, only because I had skirts in hand and was bouncing from rock to rock, off the bench, across the fire pit, and behind my IG partner, Alexander. Little did the compliment-er know, I was running for my life from a "horse spider".

All things Bill-in-a-gilly-suit. YAY!! "And this is what happenes when you don't eat your veggies." ---Shela's vansier turns to Dell, "What? They eat you?"

James and Jeremy down by the creek in the AM saturday, giving us our morning warm up.
Obadia to Alex "Oh, I think they're seperating." Alex turns to fight troll on bridge. Obadia turns to Dell, motions to Alex "He got this??" Next thing I know, there's a dead troll, and Matt's hands are full of silver. WOOT!

AMILLIA WILL NEVER STOP AMAZING ME!!! Holy froofroo bitata batman! I was so afraid to "offend" Mina, I was actually trying to stay away from her. Untill the all-biata meeting, where I made the discovery that I , being the colors blue and yellow, can't keep from trying to make friends with almost anyone......

I know there's more. Thank you to everyone who was gentile with me. I may still be broken, but I'll heal up good and be back to beat you all!!! ^_^

Ooooo, one more thing. CHILI IN DA TAVERN! The ONLY thing that kept me warm on Sat. night, while reminising with Tab and everyone........

Crap, thought I was done, and now I remember a slue more. Breakfast Sat morning at Stables with Bill, Craig, Matt, James, and Rachel. We're all talking about the army.... Craig: "Ya, I saw the comerical for the Army. Too much exorcise for me." And without missing a beat Bill: "That's Craig in a nut shell" OMG I almost blew OJ out my nose!!!!

On the way back from breakfast, seeing about 8 deer on the side of the road. We are so lucky to have our site in such a beautiful place.

Ok, I think I'm done rambling now. More will come later I'm sure.
THANKYOU EVERYONE> THIS WEEKEND WAS A BLAST!!!!

First things first, it's *great* to be back and see everyone. I missed you guys a lot last year. I forgot how much fun it can be!

I didn't go on many mods but I think my favorite encounter was a simple one. Going down with about 5 other PC's to the stream on Saturday morning and running into gnolls. Eric and the new NPC were great, and I think the fighting was very clean. Looking for gold and cariosus with the threat of random creatures reminded me of walking the loop looking for trouble. It was a lot of fun. I was so glad I told Grim about the life in my sword. After the heart eater deathed me all I could think was, "I hope you're coming Grim, I hope you're coming cause no one else knows!" lol

Meeting the new players! The human brothers were great. I know one of your IG names was Constantine. Sorry I forget the rest :oops: but you guys were great. Awesome energy.

Speaking of awesome energy, thanks NPCs! You guys were few in number but kept coming to entertain us. It made me feel great that we could give something back to you, even if it was just in the form of food.

Favorite but not so favorite part of the weekend: Darkan and Andros's trial, being told that I was being brought up on charges of conspiracy to commit murder because I was part of the Stormblades even if I was physically 7,000 miles away at the time and my character was off elsewhere in the kingdom on official business. Everything that happened afterward, including Darkan's execution, gave me some meat to flex my "angry" rp skills on. But hey, roll with what you're given.

Draegka. OMG do you make me laugh even when I don't want to. I could never play a stone elf around you.

All things Flint. Whether it's singing silly songs in the tavern or hacking down trolls together, your characters are always awesome to RP with Justin. Flint: "Gwen your sword is so awesome. I want to make love to it and have little awesome sword babies." Gwen: "Do you want me to see if my father can make you a sword as well?" Flint jumping up and down: "Wow wow wow wow omg... yes!" lol

Sheila, thank you so much for the costuming. Your sewing is amazing, you took a picture I gave you from a gaming magazine and made a beautiful real life counterpart. I'm so impressed!

Grim, it was so awesome to fight with you and roleplay when we got the chance. I can't wait to get to know your character better.

Interacting with Daniel Star again and the discussion we had after the meeting with the councilman. Speaking of biata and councilmen, it was great to meet all the new biata. At least new to me :) I remember Councilman Xapano coming in right as Heidi had to excuse herself and having Zat run past me say, "I gotta go, I'll be right back. You're in charge, handle it." and thinking "great, I'm not invested in the circle, can't invite him in, and haven't been around for a year so I have no small talk material. This is gonna be interesting." lol

Of course there's probably more I'm forgetting but it was really great to see everyone again and know I am free to play from now on. No more drill, no more deployments, I'm free! :twisted:

Not many of you really know me. First event. Npc'd. Is the lanky Chris with long red hair. Favorites from first event ever would include:

- Just being there. Awesome first experience. Glad everyone was so patient with me in telling me what things did. Made picking things up a lot easier. I love a trial by flame. :)
- Playing the stone elf selling Bliss. The reactions I got were pretty classic. People impersonating what would be stone elf pillow talk with me sitting there and trying to keep a straight face, "Oh...right there...that's good" "I'm sorry....your eye" hehehe
- Both spider waves. I was sore for days from how much fighting and jumping out of holes after dying I had to do those days. Adrenaline rush is win.
- Doing a sexy bunny dance for Bill and seeing the look on his face. Also, Collin's Walken impression as a RaccoonLawyerkin. "You are the worst lawyer ever!" hahaha
- Traipsing around the woods with Eric on Saturday was pretty fun. Feels kind of awesome to swing spellstrike: death as heart eater. :D Also, think it's cool that people enjoyed that too from the PC side.
- Being paid not to be a bandit
- Just the overall gratitude from all PCs. I've never been thanked so much for having a good time.

I'm going to have to turn my blank character from npcing this event into a stone elf now. That roleplay was fun as all getout. :D It helped that a few people told me I look good as stone elf. I'm vain, what can I say? Can't wait to debut Vazhi -- most likely at New Hampshire mid May. Think I'll stick with npcing at HQ since I follow Collin and Lopez around and don't want them to have to watch what they say when I'm at their house.

Thanks for letting me entertain you and feeding me!

more favorites seeing ithica and jessica's mwe go down and i sneakily went behind the npc's who were going up the stairs
i get over to them, i healing arts to see if ithica is bleeding out, which he is, and check jessica's mwe to see if she is bleeding out too which she is. so i give her a cure light potion that i just put in my bag. lol. then return to ithica and give him one, only it has no effect. "oh noes!!" i think and now he is dead. im like sorry that was my bad. lucky he got a life spell so no harm done.

A conversation my hobling had with someone:

"Look, are those hearteaters? They're pretty deadly."

"Looks like someone is down there fighting them now. Hmm. Guess they weren't that bad, they took them down pretty easily."

"Not hearteaters then. Maybe spleeneaters."

Vazhi said:
I'm going to have to turn my blank character from npcing this event into a stone elf now. That roleplay was fun as all getout. :D It helped that a few people told me I look good as stone elf.

YEAH! Stone Elves FTW!

Er, I mean... That will be acceptable.

But you have to play him at HQ at some point so my character can meet him!

Quick favs:

- Running around with the Hunt. Always a good time.
- Flint to the rescue! Lol, how many times did he go chasing after Evie this weekend?
- Conversations with Grimm. Cool dude and cool character; it's really interesting to see how far he's progressed since the low level. You should totally come to Caldaria. :)
- Making people laugh. Acting like an idiot as Evie is always a good time if I get a few laughs out of it.
- Ruckusing. Going into tombs I shouldn't be, leaving notes for people I shouldn't be, getting my one death threat per event in. Goooood times.
- Casting a ritual of woe for no reason, lol. I don't want to think about how much money we wasted with that.

Probably won't be hitting up another HQ game in awhile, but hopefully I'll see you guys at Caldaria, Deadlands, NJ, or Catskills. :)

Ren Suzume said:
But you have to play him at HQ at some point so my character can meet him!

Hehe. Well mayhap I can jump fence a bit. Though, people might be confused about which stone elf I am. Hmm I think I know how I could obviously distinguish between the two at a distance though. Problem solving!

@Mike - Hey, having a spleen ripped out and eaten could ruin someones day big time I'll tell you what.

This was a great opener!

My favorites in no particular order...

1. Playing personal plot with my IG/OOG wife and although she didn't say much I know she was just seething in character and about to slay everything in sight. Never had personal plot before. Thanks Eric!

2. The ever growing court of Blythedale!

3. Always having a great time with my bros Todd, Eric, Daniel, Rob, and my sister Amanda. This game would be fun no matter what, but it's really worth playing when you have people like that to spend time with.

4. Aven getting knighted. Finally another knight on the team!

5. Flint getting squired! So excited to have another great person on the team!

6. The mod that must not be named. Embarrassing, but Garathon has always said he doesn't understand magic.

7. Saturday Dinner...always a good time and Todd is worth the price of admission for a good story.

8. Vince as the villian in our Mod = awesome! Really sleazy/scary voice work.

9. Stiffing the ransom on our mod by a bunch of gold, completely unintentionally. Walking back up the hill and hearing a pocket jingle and thinking, wait I shouldn't have any money left. Oops!!! It was very dark.

See you all in June. Sorry we can't come to the Island.

Evie is the win.

Back