February Pre-Pay

Pre-payment for the February event is now CLOSED. The event is three days, from Friday, February 15, 2008 to Monday, February 18, 2008. To clarify, here are all the details:

The event fee is $90 to PC and FREE to NPC, payable at the door.
If you pre-register (send in your skills/spells/production/etc) by the pre-registration deadline (TBA, assume 2 weeks prior to the event, Feb. 1st), then you will receive a discount. This will make the fee $80 to PC or $30 to NPC, payable at the door.
If you pre-pay 1 month in advance (by January 15th, 2008) and pre-register by the pre-registration deadline (see above) then you will receive a different discount. This will make the fee $72.50 to PC, paid in full via paypal or via check and US Mail. If you need an address, PM me. Cash payments are available at Alliance Seattle gamedays, but be sure you receive a receipt and that the person taking payments will email or PM me so that you may be added to the official list of those who have pre-paid. If you fail to pre-register, you are not eligible for the pre-pay discount.

Alliance Seattle is also accepting Pay-No-Play payments for this event. Payment schedule is the same, though it is not necessary to pre-register (logistics would still like your character name, level, and home chapter to ensure that your character is processed properly.)

The type of Paypal account that Alliance Seattle is using has the capability to receive debit, credit, and electronic check payments. To make this option available requires a little website work, so it is not yet functional. When this changes, I will post the specifics.

For now, players may submit pre-payments to allianceseattle@gmail.com via Paypal. When making a pre-payment, be sure to specify your name, the date of the event, the names of any other players you are pre-paying for, and whether people are PCing or NPCing.

Below is the list of people who have pre-payed for February as of this date: February 2, 2008
Jeff Rainville
Seth Bird
Fletcher Collins
Emily Sweet
Sara Jane Jones
Paul Foisy
Victoria Pacillo
Amanda Feigenheimer
Ryan Zabawa
Matt Oostman
Carmen Swift
Marc DeArmond
Raissa DeArmond
Adam Staiger

Pre-Payed at the Pre-Registration (but not Early-Pay) price:
John R. Greenwood
Leigh-Ann Magill

So... We Iowan kids are thinking of crashing your February game.

Just so you know.

We're imagining that probably four or five of us will make the trek north. Dunno if anyone from the nearby chapters of Chicago or Minneapolis will decide to follow suit. Perhaps.

Resistance is futile. :D

In the meantime, I planned on haunting your messageboards and making friends that way.

That okay?

--Mandie

Please do! Heck as soon as you guys feel certain you're coming feel free to post up stuff in the IG areas and "get to know" some folks before ya show up. The better idea of what kinds of folks are coming into the area the more time we got to plan out stuff like hobling poker parties, elven wine orders (yes we have a vintner who sells a helluvalotta wine IG) ent moots, you name it! Also, if anyone is flying in for the event, look at Portland as a possible destination for cheaper tickets. It's almost equidistant to site and there's some of us from down here that might even be able to give rides and/or clear off crash space on floors for the night before/after the event.

If more and more people used the forums more frequently, I know *I'd* be happy. Contrary to theorized popular belief, we respond pretty favorably to people posting on our forums.

We've even got a wide array of racial / group forums as well. Check that part out under User Control Panel at the top and go down to Group memberships.

There's a large amount of in and out of game information to be had, alls you need to do is look.

Well you tell them to come talk to the foreigners, then.
I'll do my best to field all questions about the wilds of Iowa. :D

But seriously, I think one more of our ilk has found his way here, so since it's peachy I'll formulate a plan of attack. As far as I know, we're gonna come. We're planning on it at least. If that changes between now and then, I'll let you know, but it'll probably be the four or five of us. We're gonna drive. I have no idea why. I think we're a little soft in the head, if you know what I mean. ;) That and well... it's cheaper.

That being said, can I get some details on the site itself, and what to sort've expect from a long-weekend game there? I don't need plot details, just a general "these are the things we do, this is what the site is like" sort've run-down.

Pretty please? :mrgreen:

--Mandie

I believe we're using Millersylvania State Park, which has a full kitchen (Utensils, Cooking Appliances and all) heated and electrified cabins plus restrooms complete with showers (Though its hot water is finite on Monday Morning).

There's three sets of PC cabins: Forest, Meadow, and Swamp (These are mostly just names... it isn't really a swamp). Which ones are currently available I'm not entirely clear on, but there's 4 per set. There's bunks with "matresses" (I use the term loosely) that can comfortably sleep ten, though determined groups have fit up to a dozen I believe.

The "Tavern" is set atop a very-slight hill (An incline across a field, more like) with the Swamp on the other end of the field. The Forest and Meadow groupings are through about fifty (Probably not even) yards of forest, a bit of land (40 feet?) between the Forest and Meadow cabins.

Not sure what other site-related questions are entailed, ask away for specifics though if this didn't cover it.

The site itself is lakeside, so it can get a bit extra chilly at night. Waterproofing is highly recommended for boots and cloaks, especially with the constant washington drizzle in the winter.

It's also in the NW, so we have lots of rain (duh :p )

So your socks will get wet :D Bring a LOT!

And hello! :) I'm Emily. Nice to meet you!

As another Iowan I can say that water proofing and good dry socks are excellent advice and we'll be sure to get that taken care of.

I've never been to Oregon. What can we expect for weather, aside from drizzle?

Are there any logistical proceedures we should know about? What time does the site open? What time does logistics and/or check in start? What time does game usually get underway? How are cabin assignments taken care of?

That's about all I've got,
Thanks

Most of the cabins in the "forest" and "meadow" have been purchased by some PC or another, or is the residence of the Earth Guild or "Celestial" Guild (also known as the Brotherhood of the Star). Cabins in the "Swamp" are still available, though.

However, there are a lot of friendly PCs. I recommend communicating via the IG Dreamscape requesting accomodations and see who can help you out.

Weather in Feb. is generally just wet. Rain, rain, some wind, a bit more rain, and if we are lucky some non-rain but overcast. That's about it. :) Oh, and perhaps cold since it is still technically winter.

Site opens around *cough* *cough*. Logistics is supposed to begin around 6pm, but sometimes doesn't until about 8pm or so (they've been getting better lately, though). Game starts probably between 10pm-midnight due to setup, waiting for monster camp to arrive, everyone doing logistics, etc. after opening ceremonies.

Oh no.

We've begun to multiply.

...You're all doomed. :D

But seriously, thanks for the info. It's good to know all of this stuff beforehand. I'll get to work on schmoozing people for cabin space.

...And hi Emily! :D Nice to [virtually] meet you too.

Heyo,

Paul here from Chicago, some of our group might be able to arrange travel to your 3-day by plane. This poses 2 problems that we see (so far).

#1- What is the closest airport to the site? how far is it from the site? and does anyone live anywhere near there?

#2- While most of us are shortswords and packet fighters one member of our potential group has a shield that simply will not fit inside our duffel bag and so we must either find/beg a shield from someone or make a shield once we get there.

Anyways, we are very exited to come out and meet our friends on the WC, as well as, see old friends from the TC Weeklong.

Thanks

Paul

Like I said, Paul my man, we Iowans are planning on driving out. We love to drive, we've never seen Montana or Idaho. I'd be more than happy to throw a shield for you in the van. Let me know if there are any other weapons or reps you folks need and we can hook you up.

Additionally if there's anything the Seattle monster camp, or Seattle PC's could use I'm up for building some reps between now and then. I really should create some kind of catalog or work portfolio.

Thanks to everyone for speedy answers.

Logistics usually starts between 8 and 10, and then game is on. At miller, game is usually called off pretty early on monday, since we have to be off of site pretty early. I'm the camp coordinator, and I'm going to see if there's any way to get the site longer without having to reserve the next night.

As far as loaner shields, I've got you covered if you need them. I've got two extra, plus the other two I use when playing a different character then the one I'll be playing at the Feb game.

Closest airports:
Sea-Tac, in Washington. (Airport code SEA.) That's midway between Seattle and Tacoma. Where you're going is Olympia. It's about an hour away, and people will pass through it on the way to site.
Portland, in Oregon. (Code PDX.) It's just south of the Washington boarder. It's about an hour and a half away, and people will pass through it on the way to site also.

Honestly, I'd take people up on the offer to come early/stay late and crash at someone's house. It was definitely worth while when we did it in MI. The Portland airport is only like 20 mins from some people's houses in OR, and SeaTac is only like half an hour from some people in Seattle.

Oh yeah. Pack dry and warm. Our site has a huge indoor mod location (a covered, lit, open air ex-barn), but it's usually used for the Big Thing (tm) that weekend. Last year we got some snow (snow for us is anything white coming from the sky that isn't hale.) One time it was so cold that the high temperature was still below freezing. It usually isn't that bad, but just in case, bring gloves/scarf/etc. A cloak, even a very thin one, can be warm and waterproof, so bring one if you've got one.

APL varies per event, but I'd guess it sits between 10 and 15 most games. We've got a decent mix of most classes/races. Fighters and C casters, Elves and Scavvies/sarr seem to be common ones right now. Earth casters are always in demand.

~Matt, WCV

There's two airports within reason:

Sea-Tac (SEA):
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... =addr&om=1

Portland (PDX):
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... =addr&om=1

Millersylvania State Park is Here-ish:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... &z=18&om=1

I don't know of anyone who lives close close to SeaTac, and am absolutely clueless about those in the Portland area... I know a lot of us Seattle-ites live North from the Airport by a bit. Bellevue, Northgate, Seattle Proper, etc.

Time-wise from the airport to the site, I'd guestimate (Dependant on time of day) between 35 min (Not suggested) and 2 hours (Reasonable traffic). Rush-hour starts to be in full-swing around 3:00 PM, so being headed out already before then is likely advisable.

Seattle's APL has statistically hovered around 14.5.

There's plenty to do for high and low level if you know how to go out and find things to do. There's plenty of trails up and behind the camp as well that get a little under-utilized that can make for some fun hide and chase bits.

February is wet... wet wet wet. We've gotten some snow, usually hail, and occasionally freezing rain in the past.

Food has usually been a bring your own type of affair. However, we've gotten a tavern group recently and if they're going to be at the event, you could arrange your meals with them.

Fuzzy Mugs? You doing your thang at the Feb event?

The fuzzy mugs are getting together OOG this weekend, so if you don't get an answer before then, I'll see if I can arrange for one.

Personally I won't be fuzzy in february, but I think I recall that the rest of us are.

Thanks to everyone with offers of shields and spare reps, it speaks highly of your chapter that so many are willing to help out. If we manage to make it out, I will most likely take Josh up on his offer and drive down to IOWA over a weekend for BBQ to drop off Tom's Shield and Sword rep as they are "just so" for him. Myself all I need are a couple of packets and those travel nicely.

I will troll the likes of Kayak.com, Southwest.com and JetBlue for some outrageous fares in the next 2-3 weeks and then Ill know wether we can make it or not.

I am incredibly exited to come catch a beat down at a WC chapter, I have heard many great things from just about everyone out there so our expectations are very high, we will send brief character blurbs along with updates for plot team/logistics)

So far the group that is shaping up, for those of you who know us is:

Paul F (Jehan Wyldweave)
Tom M (Bartholomewe)
Amanda F(Lyddia Fallingstar)
Ryan Z (Togashin Zanabanath)
John G (Dramthin Hearthsboon)
Vicky P (Eldandiril "El" Zanabanath)

Prepare for a MEWE takeover! :)

Paul

Back