Funniest / Most Ironic Moments

Sir Wynn

To steal Stacy's format...

Coincidence Funny: The time I was NPCing in Ashbury and they told most the NPC's just to pick a random townsperson and profession in order to watch the tournament. There was not much going on for NPC's, so we just hung out talking to PC's and each other. I bumped into Mike Hynes, and said, "Hi, my name's Leon!" He looks totally baffled and flustered, and finally sputtered out some name I don't remember. He later explained to me out-of-game that he had named his NPC Leon, and was trying rapidly to think of another name.

What the heck do we do now? Funny: We were NPCing Caldaria's first event, and as part of a mod, we were way back on the campgrounds in a small ambush group as Goblins, waiting to be statted. Along comes Ray Naygle (sorry about the spelling) and a killer adventuring group, tearing through the mod like wet paper. So we looked at each other and held a quick conference ("Are we here? Are we not here? Should we put our weapons on our heads? We're base goblins, right: eight body swinging twos?) But by then it was too late, and the flurry of blows rained down. We just winged it and assumed we were all dead... Who got ambushed?

Doh!-nut Moment Funny: The last event I played with Gary, in reviewing my stats, I found I had been swinging the wrong amount of damage for two days... well, if you've gotta laugh or cry, you might as well laugh.

Wrecked the Ambiance, Funny: The plane of desire mod. Justine, intending to be seductive, was feeding chocolate syrup to Carly, by dipping her finger in it. Reaching just behind her shoulder to slide the chocolate finger into Carly's mouth, she missed, and shoved it directly up Carly's nose.
And: I was playing a Caladonian NPC, and ran into Sir Douglas. We began to reminisce about a great battle with the Tusnians, and he invited me in to share some good, aged, Caladonian Scotch. Unfortunately, it was aged in- and out-of-game. I don't know how long the tavernfolk had (as requested) saved Douglas's bottle, of whatever kind of fruit juice it had been, but the aging process did it no service. And further, we had poured it into opaque glasses, so as not to immediately notice the fuzzy lumps, and foul, smoky liquid, until the first draught that we drank to Caladon. The expressions on both our faces and the assault on our taste buds, brought us immediately out-of-game, spewing.

In-game Serious, but Out-of-game Funny: Neveklos had a bunch of us trapped in the tavern, with the intention of blowing a ritual that would destroy us and the tavern, with nothing we could do about it. Apparently, no one told Matt's barbarian character, who started suddenly pounding on the door and roaring for a drink. Neveklos pokes his head out and said, "Go away!"
Matt: "No! I want a drink!"
Neveklos: "I grant you the gift of death."
Matt (hopefully): Resist?
Neveklos: No effect.
Matt (loudly): "Oh, ****!" (followed by the loud thump of a body.)

Well, I think that's good for now...
love, Ben

Lessee....

I thought it was totally funny when it was only my 4th time NPCing at Caldaria and I got to be in a "newbie" mod as a goblin where some newbie PCs were gonna get to kill some goblins and get some treasure. I thought to myself "YAY! if they're all newbies I may actually get to live longer than a milisecond!" So we're hanging out and waiting and we put our oozes in their little holes and petted them and waited outside for the newbie adventurers and who should come over but PALADAR!!!('nuf said there) SeanDwarfRedNWhiteTabardGuy (not sure who he was playing but IT WAS SEAN!!!! COME ON!!!) and Mike (Rogue guy wears big earings) and maybe 1 or 2 other real newbies. I just looked at them and thought to myself "If they're newbies i'm NEVER gonna get out of newbie rank!!!!!" we all died quickly ....even the poor baby oozes.

I am playing undead NPC and headed up HILL OF DOOOOOM at Caldaria to go crunchy and "get things started" and I have 5 lives worth of treasure. By the time I get to top of hill about ready to just die. Panting, wheezing...sounding like zombie! yay! and I just take my weapon of my head for one second to wipe sweat off forehead and I look up. here comes eric PC and he promptly kills me before I can even catch breath to fend off adventurers. I end up so worn out I drop all 5 lives of treasure with that first death and just sit up by the bathrooms to watch the others. Those were some lucky adventurers!

Okay first time ever NPC I am playing townsperson dying of plague. I climb hill (stinking Hill!) and again wheezing and panting sounding like I am really dying. I promptly die of the plague and two adventurers decide to burn my body so no plague gets around. they are "carrying me down the hill to the burn pile" and out from the woods jumps the biggest elf I ever saw in my life. The guy was like 6'7"!!!!! I screamed bloody murder!!!!! Then realizing I was supposed to be dead I promptly apologize and go limp again. But I bet to watch that on video it would have been funny!!!

I gotta say seeing two jesters at Caldaria last time for those of you who saw it ....it was funny!! So when I went out as my next goblin I put on a Jester's cap and stuck a stuffed animal in my belt too! So there was goblin jester too!

Coincidence Funny: For those of you who haven't met my mom yet, she is The Badass Mom who is NPCing (and soon to be PCing!) for Caldaria. One weekend I was PCing and she was NPCing. After a pretty vicious battle, Ryan Holmes comes over to me out of game with this darkly evil look on his face and just says: "I killed your mom."

Also, having three of the characters I was NPCing arrested in one weekend. Jail full of Kelseys.

wasn't that the same event you said "This is the only place I can say 'I killed my mom!'" heheheheheh fun fun...

OH HEY YOURE THE ONE THAT FOUND MY BAT!!!!!! I just put two and two together from the other posts!!!! I love you!!!

A while back I was PCing a Halloween event in Ashbury. I was waiting for one of my teammates to get ready and spellcraft me a magic weapon, and invariably missed the Friday Night wave battle, as the town had to march to one of the lower fields, and I was going to follow all by myself. So, I sat on our porch listening to screams for about 20 minutes, and then I see Koshi and a few other people running up the hill through town, being followed by a slow moving undead with no weapons. So, I walk over casually, everyone stops, Koshi says "We can't kill it! We need a magic weapon."
Undead looks at me. Throws a confine and a prison.
I look back "Bane, Reflect."
"Spellshield..."
So, I pull out my newly crafted magic weapon, kill the undead and just say "That was hard?" and go back to my porch.
I later found out the undead was KBA with a four column. Hence all the running. I thought it was funny.

~Joe

very funny...the thing i love most about people describing a scene of play i can actually see it in my head. althought i wasnt there...thats one thing i just adore...its so visual... more stories! more stories!!

youthculture said:
Also, having three of the characters I was NPCing arrested in one weekend. Jail full of Kelseys.

I think Jesse might have a policy of having a Kelsey in jail, because at the closer something like 3 times I went out and my briefing from Jesse started with "So, you're probably going to get arrested...."

Makes me shake my head funny,

My character Medb was a newbie of the most innocent sort, and she made friends with Garuda (sp) who at the time was apparently made of wood. Now because I was a new player I didn't totally get that... Now I totally get all the wood jokes that were being bantered around, but at the time I had no clue. In fact now I realize how wrong it was in game. At the time Medb was just happy to have a friend...

Also anytime in NPC camp after about two am. Thats when the best and the worst of plot would come out and hilarity would ensue.

Five things just poped into my mind.
1. A pined apple- best npc team I've ever seen
2. To a first event ever DE: "Do you agree to be the champion of light and fight against evil?" "No."
3. Pretty much anything Gilbert, but specifically teaching him to be immune to death
4. Bella giving Sun the birds and the bees talk and then having Sun be scared to death of birds and bees. A few hours later, mosiquitos began attacking the town.
5. and from my last event in Ohio "Shields to the front!" Little baby Sun responding with "I'm already here!"

This is actually a SOLAR story, but I think y'all will enjoy it anyway.

It's the May festival, and Basha (my gypsy) is hanging out with a bunch of NPC gypsies who were running the festival. One of the gypsy guys was named Adami (OOG); Adami's real-life mother had finally decided to come check out this crazy game her son had been playing for years, and was wandering around in a white headband observing the festivities. I will also note that she's Mormon. So the NPCs need to come up with an excuse to return to monster camp and change characters. Brad suddenly goes "Now vee go back to vardo and have orgy! Eez for fun!" quite loudly. Adami thinks for a moment then, completely calmly, goes "I appreciate jou saying det een front of my mother".

If anyone's ever heard Irina say "eez for fun"... Now you know. Hehe.

Dying of laughter moments include....

Rika and Keely gets wasted out of their minds on Dwarven Spirits and driving Darius (or fake Darius) mad with trying to keep tabs on us and keep us from getting our drunken selves into trouble.

The performance part of the tournament in May 05 had me in tears. Especially the goblins.

Wynn and Thrace singing Seven Drunken nights.... just about every time.

Talking with Tova about finding a Mystic Wood Elf to seduce Keely.

Possibly one of the best:
Column A and B weekend: Rika, Alopex, and Darius all trying to convince Rosemary she should try eating a dill pickle because she might like it.

But really, who can recall all the best ones? Every event I PCed at Syraandor, at some point or other I was in the tavern, as Rika, drinking with friends, and having thoroughly ******** 3am conversations where we were all exhausted, sleep deprived, possibly cold and wet, wondering if we'll live till morning in game, and RPing being intoxicated- stupidity and crying from laughter always occurred at some point. And that was part of how I ended up loving the chapter and making so very many friends. It was a good and fun game, but damnit, just seeing everyone and laughing would have made going worth it anyway.

I think the time I laughed hardest was when I was out as Mason. It was very, very late and it was raining -- but someone sent out plants throwing intoxicate, vertigo, and hallucinate poisons. The plants were otherwise harmless.

What ensued was a half-hour of absolute silliness. Ryan Anderson as Fane latched onto a tree, trying to choke it out while screaming "GIVE ME BACK MY SWEATER!"

At some point a few of us migrated into the tavern, where Mason ended up drinking directly from the kegs and making Siyon lay on the floor beneath the bar while the tap was turned on him. A few people after that whispered that straight-laced Mason must have been a trouble-making frat boy years prior, since he yelled something to the effect of "This reminds me of my days at Freeport University!"

Then I guess something serious happened, because Keely came in and, after yelling at me a few times, Purified me. Booooooo! :p

oh geeze, give me back my sweater. How could I forget that? I just started cracking up (which is bad since I'm sneaking a peak at the boards instead of writing a validation report). The question that never got answered, "Does he even have a sweater?"

Do NPC moments count? if so then there was this time that Jesse and JP and Karl and them had nothing for me to do so I decided to start cleaning NPC camp and unfortunately all this bottled water would be opened, half drank and then left sitting around on the staff table where all the important paperwork goes. So I ask what i'm supposed to do with the half drank bottles with bits of make up and stuff all over them. So I was told to dump them out. So since I figured I'd rather water the trees outside than to dump it down the sink i opened a window and began draining multiple bottles of water out the window towards the lone tree below. I misjudged a bit and also forgot that when PCs need to go to NPC camp for a logitical purpose they have to wait outside....just outside the window.....where someone had put the only lawn chair for PCs to sit in while waiting for marshalls to return..... that was funny for some and maybe not me.

Hmm... most of the ones I can think of I wasn't directly there for..

Glad it wasn't me Funny: We were and the Fae relm, and Wolf, our beloved Vansir, had gotten ticked off and attacked a fae. Well, being in the fae relm and all, that wasn't really acceptible, so he gets hauled off by fae and brought before Oberon. When he gets back, he's fae marked. The thing is, Dan - who was playing Oberon, hadn't sleapt for almost two days. The result? The mark across Wolf's forehead, which should have said "Barbarian" instead proclaims in large black letters "Bardarium". I think that was even worse for Wolf, as he had some random word across his forehead which everyone laughed at.

It's always the dumb ones Funny:
I only heard about this afterwards, hopefully I get the details right, but once Tabin and someone else, I think Lillian, were in the Celestial guild. These goblins had been out annoying everyone all night, and the three of them bound up to the Celestial guild and ask to be entertained. Tabin is annoyed because he's trying to talk about something serious, so he asks if they want to see a magic show, and they happily explain yes. So.. tabin Flame bolts one. It unsurprisingly falls over dead. There's a pause, then the other two goblins start going on about how awesome that was and they want a turn! Tabin promptly complied :)

I hate you guys! Funny: Ok, this one did directly involve me. Pantzike and I were trying to teach the Baron healing arts/first aid/earth magic. We were all in the guild and I was about to leave to do something important, when Grog comes in and hearing the discussion says "Life spells? I know how to do those! I'll teach you" of course, we're all just kind of nodding politely as Grog is a juvinile ogre warrior and can't even read. I head out of the circle as Grog is about to "teach" and am halfway across the field when Grog suddenly throws the door to the guild open and starts screaming in a panicked way "KEELY! KEELY! Help!" I turn around and run back thinking his teaching went terribly wrong and find the Baron and Pantzike lying on the floor. I go to healing arts the Baron, and he opens his eyes and he and Pantzike start laughing hysterically. Grog gets a very proud smile and says "And that's how I cast a life spell!" I still hate you guys for that :lol:

I keep this in mind whenever life spell needed

"I SUMMON KEELY TO PRODUCE A LIFESPELL"

Well, not one I was directly involved in, but it has to be told because it's pretty darned funny.

NPC camp has been told to white up, and they have run out of white tabards. Dan goes in to NPC camp and says "Steve, you're supposed to be white, take off that rug shirt" to which Steve replies:

"I'm not wearing a rug shirt..."

I guess it's only funny if you know Steve :D

KaiLan said:
Well, not one I was directly involved in, but it has to be told because it's pretty darned funny.

NPC camp has been told to white up, and they have run out of white tabards. Dan goes in to NPC camp and says "Steve, you're supposed to be white, take off that rug shirt" to which Steve replies:

Yeah.... I remember that story... :)

Rika said:
KaiLan said:

Yeah.... I remember that story... :)

Remeber that story! I was there... I think... I love Steve!

There have been so many funny moments, I have trouble remembering specific ones, but here's a few...

Most-quotable NPC moment, Funny: I bet lots of people remember this one. The PCs have Yuled(sp?) cornered inside Caseighopeus' building and are ruthlessly antagonizing him. There's nothing Yuled can do to fight, so he starts barking out angry comebacks. At one point, he holds up his hammer and shouts, "THIS... is the Hammer of Justice!" Just about everyone broke down laughing.

Glad it wasn't me Funny: Wildcard is pissed at Caseighopeus and another PC, so he decides to assemble a lynch mob to hunt KC down. Wildcard takes the mob to the Communal Cabin/Fighter's Guild and knocks. An obviously uneasy PC asks through the door, "Uh, who is it?" Wildcard says, "Lynch mob." The back and forth seemed so much like the SNL "Land Shark" skit ,I laughed. Nothing bad happened; Wildcard just asked, "Is there a Stone Elf in there?" And the PC (obviously not stopping to search the room) said something like, "No... no Stone Elves here." Wildcard shrugged, said, "okay," and led the mob away.

Caught in a totally inappropriate, crispy-late-night NPC joke, embarassing-Funny: Emilio and Sudupta are sitting in the Communal Cabin/Fighter's Guild building, talking quietly, when we hear footsteps. Instead of grabbing weapons, gasses, and aura, for some reason we look at each other and whisper, "Hide!" We put out the light and huddle in a corner. Then, these NPC guys wearing wigs and socks stuffed up their shirts burst into the room with a PC (I forget who). They say, "Where's a light?... Eh, nevermind." Then, they start banging on the walls. After a few seconds Sean and I realize what's supposedly going on with Sudupta and Emilio in the room. We try our hardest to stifle our embarassed laughter, and then just run out.

Awesome PC Roleplaying Funny: We're in the middle of a skirmish at the edge of the field, near the Chiram's Hollow jail. If you haven't met him, Tommy (Wayne Brodeur's hobling) speaks with an Australian accent. We're fighting some group of monsters, when I see one sneak up behind Tommy and start pummeling him from behind. Tommy screams, "CRIIIKEYY!!" and turns around to try and stop his assailant. It was hilarious, because his cry came so fast and naturally and loudly it seemed like it was his gut reaction.

Best Gypsy Curse Funny: Alopex's sitting-curse. Hours of chuckles, there, every time I've seen it employed.

Back
Top Bottom