G4 to be at April Event

Please be advised that the G4 television channel will have a small film crew at the HQ April event. They will be following some specific people as they prepare for the game and also during the game.

PLEASE NOTE THAT NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!

I would encourage everyone who is attending the event (PC and NPC) to bring your "A" games. Even if you do not want to be on camera, please make sure your costumes (and racial make-up) are in order and that your role-playing is of the highest caliber you can muster. Please note that this particular program for G4 is specifically *not* intended for the mockery of LARPers or LARPing. In fact, LARPers are their target audience.

Once again:

NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!

If you have any questions, please post them here or contact me directly at:

IvnDrake@aol.com (note no "A" in "Ivn")

--- Eric Stehle

I'm sorry, a little off topic but I had to chuckle about the irony of Ivan (with no "A" in 'Ivn") telling us to bring our "A" game. :) It made me smile, and on a day like today, I really needed it. Thanks Eric.

-Christine

Gwendara said:
I'm sorry, a little off topic but I had to chuckle about the irony of Ivan (with no "A" in 'Ivn") telling us to bring our "A" game. :) It made me smile, and on a day like today, I really needed it. Thanks Eric.

-Christine

I live to serve!

Be safe, Christine!

--- Eric Stehle / Ivan Drake

Awww, now I REALLY want to attend that event... I just don't know if i can get out there that weekend.

hmmmm what to do...

Well I hope it goes really well. Is the G4 going to be broadcasting their recordings on television or are they making a documentary? Do we even know?

This has the potential to be kiiiind of awkward, rofl.

But hey, at least my costume is built for cold weather awesomeness.

<<< If we end up looking good, we'll have to find some way to post it on You Tube and link it to our site! >>>

Please note that....

Nice work guys, *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* good luck and have fun *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!*. Diffently bring your A game and *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* make sure ever one who wants tells the *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* story of how they started and *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* how they got *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* hooked.

Keep in mind guys that *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* mods might be a bit rough to film and they might be using *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* lighting.

Also *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* find out when the Air date will be. Oh one more thing NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!.

I hope you like the post Eric.

Dave, can I have your permission to be filmed with me with you on my shoulders fighting Brian? It can be the example of what you should never ever do at Alliance hahah.

JUSTIN are you going to this event? Because if you are I'm going to be the most excited Kelsey ever.

Gilwing said:
Nice work guys, *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* good luck and have fun *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!*. Diffently bring your A game and *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* make sure ever one who wants tells the *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* story of how they started and *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* how they got *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* hooked.

Keep in mind guys that *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* mods might be a bit rough to film and they might be using *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* lighting.

Also *NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!* find out when the Air date will be. Oh one more thing NO ONE WILL BE FILMED WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION!.

I hope you like the post Eric.

You missed the fact that....

I knew I missed something..... Justin I would totally do it as long as I wasn't filmed w/o my permission. I

I am going to be at this event Kelsey <3

Now that I know YOU are going to be there I am also the most excited version of me that I can be!

Tetsu said:
Dave, can I have your permission to be filmed with me with you on my shoulders fighting Brian? It can be the example of what you should never ever do at Alliance hahah.

I have done that.

Tetsu said:
I am going to be at this event Kelsey <3

Now that I know YOU are going to be there I am also the most excited version of me that I can be!

Yaaaayayayayayay! <3

Sunnfire said:
Tetsu said:

I have done that.

No way dude, you were never on my shoulders fighting Brian...... ;)

Um... I know we all want good press for our game and we all want to get it on TV and all... but G4 TV? Seriously?

Do you people not remember G4's "Wild Larp'ing Kingdom" segments? Those segments ridiculed the players and portrayed LARPers in a tongue-in-cheek manner as weird and strange sub-humans that should be marveled at. At the time when they originally aired I remembered thinking "press exposure like this will prevent LARPing from ever going main-stream." I know that there is the old saying "there is no such thing as bad press" but G4's previous segments were offensive at best and damaging to the reputation of LARP for sure.

Are these really the people we want filming us?

We need the type of press like the episode of Wrekreation Nation did on LARPing that aired on the Discovery Channel a few weeks back. That was good press. What G4 has done in the past was televised mockery and ridicule at our expense.

Whoever it is that is working with and communicating with G4 needs to ask them some very direct questions. Based on their history, I personally would not let them come and film any game I was running without getting a few assurances in writing.

-Devon

Devon,

Thank you for your post. We have questioned the G4 producers at length regarding this very fact. Please note that the "Wild Larping Kingdom" was an entirely different show with different producers. We, too, had reservations about how LARPing in general and Alliance in specific would be portrayed in their segment. They have assured us that this show ("G4 Underground") is documentary style (similiar to Wreakreation Nation on Discovery). In fact, when specifically questioned about portraying LARPers badly, they responded that it's been done to death and that is not their interest.

However, please note that the owners of Faire Play and the HQ Chapter will be on-site and actively involved during filming to ensure that we are represented properly. If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

--- Eric Stehle

Back