Gathering thoughts....

Chris Rudd

Cato steps out of the house and sits on the deck. After pouring himself a drink he starts organizing his scrolls. Looking towards the Sanctum he mutters aloud "How are we going to win a war on 3 fronts?"

Jinn makes his way out of the forest and through the clearing near his house. Spotting Cato on the veranda he makes his way home, and pull up another chair on the deck.

"Now that is something I need to do! My chest of supplies has gotten very disorganized over the summer months with my constant traveling."

Jinn looks up to the flower crown sitting on the top of his horned head and smiles.

"The forest has been treating me very well. How have these quiet days been faring for yourself? Are you on edge like some of the others that live here or are you trying to enjoy it while it lasts?"

"I'm enjoying it. I need to make sure I'm ready because fighting a war on 3 fronts will be very hard. It's not the best tactical move....."

Jinn sighs but still smiles.

"Well, i wouldn't wish to be fighting this almost unwinnable war with anyone else!"

Jinn stands and pops inside the house, grabbing himself a beverage. Retuning to his seat he kicks his feet up onto another chair.

"I totally agree with you, it is not tactically sound to engage in warfare life this. Let alone against the enemies we face. That is the problem when your "rulers" Jinn does the air quotes for emphasis. "Let themselves be baited into an emotional response. I will never understand how they can let them selves be ruled the way they are."

Jinn shrugs and takes a sip of his drink.

'But I'm from a simpler place, it's all a mystery to me."

"I just don't get the sudden rush to poke fires that have been idle for a while. We've been throwing everything we have at the reaches with mixed success. Now we need to add two more major fronts....... Obviously they didn't look at this from a sound military strategy. I guess I should be careful what I say in case the I offend the nobility."

"HA!! There ain't any nobility in the lux, and if their sensitivities are so weak that someone voicing concern for the very thing that puts said persons life at risk... well I have a few options of what they can do." Jinn says with a wink.

"The only people who get to have an actual opinion on what we are doing here is us. We are the ones on the front lines, we are the ones going into the dark reaches, we are the first and probably last line of defense for this entire shard."

Jinn takes a large drink and ponders for a moment.

"You would think that they would have military advisors to guide them... not that they would listen anyway..."

“Who should have military advisors?” Rohnan asked as she climbed the steps to their home. She leaned her staff against the house and stretched out on one of the branches.

"The nobles Cato is sacred of insulting, the ones who got us into this mess." Jinn says, looking to to see Rohnan walking up the steps.

"The ones who decided that fighting a war on three fronts was a good idea."

“Hmmm. Isn’t that just the Queen though who’s going insane and high off of the victory over brightmore? Or one of the bright places that seem to be a becon for conflict....” she snorted “ha, bright, beacon... What does it mean for us that we are living in The Lux?” She mused rhetorically.

“Dragon’s tits I hope someone somewhere has military advisors on our side but with the way things are going I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t.”

Cato leans back. "Man I wish I could still talk to my father he was a great general..... It's good to see you Rohnan. How has your research been going?"

“Mostly useless. There’s a bunch to do and not really enough information to do it. It’s incredibly frustrating because those who want us to do it aren’t willing to give us proper information as to what this thing does. ‘It wasn't just for looking at stars, you know.’” She mimicked Opiathas, “That’s not really super helpful you crotchety coot.” She grumbled.

Mar approaches from the commons "Hey Rohnan I heard you wanted to talk to me?" he asks relaxing and wiping his sweat off

“I am!” Rohnan said as she sat up. “Come sit, I hear that you’ve been doing some scouting for the Observatory that we need to build. Rebuild?” She shrugged at the semantics.

Jinn tilts his drink at Mar, greeting him as he steps onto the deck. "Greetings Mar, I hope today finds you well."

"as well as most days jinn" Mar replies taking a seat "and a little work with stern to learn more about the dragon glass lens he wants built" he says offering her schematic " the piece marked out is about six inches in diameter, and very much looks like half of a sphere. "Ein Kristallkugel, ja?" is noted in mars handwriting on the bottom "that's about all I was able to get out of stern as for the locations well the original location is in ruins with a partial tower about 3 floors and a bit of a 4th. there's heavy overgrowth and two magical dead zones on the way in and something nasty is definitely making its home there but I couldn't get a bead on what exactly. The second location is Sedriths tower all I was able to find there was that the door is closed and radiating magic like nobodies business otherwise it doesn't look like anyone's been there since the last time we were"

Rohnan looked over the schematic. “I know that it will need to be made of Dragon’s Glass. Evo seems to think that it’s going to need to be something with special properties though so more than just that though I don’t know if that means that we need super special dragon glass or wether the process of creating the leans is what gives it these extra properties.” Rohnan sighed frustrated at the lack of knowledge. “Though this note here, was it clear weather Stern said that this is what we needed to make or what it essentially is?” She asked Mar.

“Personally, I don’t feel the slightest bit comfortable climbing around magic dead zones to fight some unknown thing. I’m almost completely useless without magic.” She looked annoyed. “I was going to try and wrangle a group together with hopefully people who have been to Sedriths tower before and head there. Hopefully he’s willing to allow us to build there. Otherwise.... would you be willing to lead a group to the first site?” She asked Mar looking at him closely for his reaction.

Last edited:
Mar shrugs "unclear I couldn't get him to translate so I wrote it down in case it was important" he replies sipping his drink "as for leading a team to the first site I wouldn't mind but we'll need to be prepared for a nest of the worst. In other words I'm hoping I'll have more than new blood with me hopefully some of our pure warriors will be around to come along"

Cat listens to the conversation. "It seems we will need some non magic folk to achieve this. Mar I'd suggest talking to Stig and seeing if you can get some of the HG to help you."

Back