Gathering thoughts....

At the discussion of what the observatory is rumored to be used for Jinn sits up straight. "Hmmm... being able to actually see what we are getting into in the reaches would be helpful. Less of the cluster that out first venture into Balinox's realm that for su..."

As Phal walks up to the house Jinn looks him up and down. He continues talking looking at Phal's bag.

"Sure... because we can not walk into a meat grinder of claws and teeth again! What's in the bag Phal... lunch?"

"o yeah almost forgot I left a note with the archmage asking if he could ask aithusa about dragon glass so we don't have to go poke cauldaranth"

"I mean that would be super helpful if she was able to help. Don't see the need for us to go poking around a burnt out breech in search of glass if she is able to make some."

Jinn says while casually drinking his drink, still looking at Phal's bag.

Phalaenopsis nodded at Rohnan, his mind briefly wandering back to the large memory stone from years back and the old Biata who was highly protective of it. He wasn't 100% certain, but he had always thought only Biata were able to use them; if Evo or Rohnan had found some way for other Races to use them... Fascinating.

He chuckled at Cato and Jinn's questions. "No gardening since the Aconitum Nappelus; it seems to have been so toxic that it ruined the soil it was planted in for other plants, and I'm not sure how to purify it yet so I can return the soil to the forest safely, but hey, experimentation. And lunch... I mean, it could be if you wanted, but I don't think you'd like it as-is and I don't really have the skill to make it fit for eating."

Jinns eyes narrow at Phal's response. "Well... whats in the very red bag Phal? I assume its a heart, and if this is a sarr thing your supposed to eat it right away."

Last edited:
Phalaenopsis raised an eyebrow. "Not a Saar thing, as I'm not a Saar, and I thought that was only for like... kills where the target was worthy of the honour of having their heart eaten? This is, uh, very much not that. It's just a rabbit that stumbled into the trap I set, and now it's going to be hawk treats after I prepare it." He shrugged. "I'm not a butcher, so I pretty much just cut it up into chunks small enough for them to eat without worrying too much, but if you want me to like... prepare one for a meal for us, I could try catching another and see where that goes?"

Jinn straightens up and speaks with a little more focus in his voice. "You do not have to be a sarr to participate in their rituals if they deem you worthy, nor do you have to be sarr to eat the heart of a sarr deserving of honour. But seriously, get that off the veranda before you stain the wood. As for meals, i do believe i have that covered..."

Rohnan raised an eyebrow at Phal and Jinn’s conversation. “How did you catch the rabbit if it’s such a bloody mess?” Slightly concerned how one rabbit could cause such a mess when they were typically hunted with fairly clean snares. What type of contraptions did Phal have planted out in the forest?

Phalaenopsis nodded, but half-heartedly waved away the sentiment. "Haven't been invited to partake in it, so until such a time as I am, I'll consider it not mine to participate in and simply appreciate it from the outside. As for staining the deck, it's not wet anymore, it happened this morning, I just haven't cleaned the bag yet."

He gave Rohnan a sheepish smile. "The rabbit did get pretty mangled by the trap, but, uh, it's not the rabbit's blood on the bag, it's mine. I set up a trap to keep some Brownies safe, and the rabbit just kind of happened to trip it, but then I cut myself pretty badly while resetting it, and used the bag to put pressure on the wound until I could heal it." He undid the button on his robe to show his shirt was torn and stained, and lifted it to show the last remnants of the fading scar on going across his stomach. "I'm better at making traps than setting them up, it seems." he finished with a chuckle, buttoning it back up, "But this one wasn't meant to be fatal to people, just animals, so I came out all right in the end. I'm going to need a new shirt, though."

Kai pads up the path to the raven-skull house. (She's never actually heard a name that they call themselves.) She looks more herself, clean and tidy in her purple overdress and hat. Her black bag is slung over one shoulder, and she carries a woven basket of eggs.

Jinn stifles a laugh hearing about Phal's accident. "Well, that is much less exciting than I thought it was. Next time be more careful, and if your setting any explosive traps anytime soon, please do it far away from the house."

Jinn leans back into his chair and continues to enjoy his beverage. Hearing soft footsteps he turns his head to look down the path. Spotting Kai he waves in greeting.

"Hello Kai, how are you doing?"

Kai looks a little nervous at having Jinn's full attention suddenly on her. "I-I-I.." She waves her free paw awkwardly at the one holding the basket. "EGGS!" She proclaims. There was a question, wasn't there? "Good? Good. I mean, I brought eggs. I'm good." She's starting to regain some composure. "I figured with so many people living here, you could use a full dozen."

"Well that's very thoughtful of you Kai. I know Calan is partial to breakfast quiche, and who can say no to fresh eggs for breakfast."

Kai climbs the steps and sets the basket down beside Jinn's chair. "When you're done with them, just leave the basket out here, or by the tavern. All my baskets have my name on the bottom." She looks at all the other people standing on the porch, "am I interrupting a meeting?"

Jinn looks around at the small gathering that has formed outside of his house.

"Well I wouldn't say interrupted, nor would I say meeting. Impromptu information dissemination session maybe, and you have now joined it. We were just discussing the various things we have to get done around here, and Evo was mildly badmouthing someone named Avo, or Ada, it's A something..."

Evo chuckles politely. "I'm sure I don't badmouth anyone, most certainly not the nobility." His eyes lend more than a little nuance to the simple assertion.

Landing back on Kai, he smiles. "It's good to see you up and about, little fox."

Kai mock-pouts at Evo. "Easy for you to say, I spent an hour chasing you with a coffee refill. You left your spot outside before I could get there, then you weren't at the sanctum, and when I went home I saw you'd already left." She sticks her tongue out at him. She looks at Jinn as she says, "this is why my chickens are in a circle," and winks, in an exaggerated manner. She eases down the steps and sits on the lowest one. "So, if you're all gossiping- I mean informal information desseminating- anything I can help research? I've been out of the loop for about the last month or so."

“And please explain to me why you weren’t wearing any sort of armour to protect yourself while dealing with unfamiliar traps?” Rohnan asked Phal with some scrutiny. Normally he was careful enough to take the proper precautions.

She smiled at Kai when she arrived, happy to see she was doing better than when she last saw the Foxkin. And listened to Jinn slightly fill her in on the conversation.

“I actually was going to come looking for you Kai. We have been tasked by the Guardians on rebuilding aspects of the lux that have fallen to time. We will be rebuilding an observatory that will hopefully let us see into the dark reaches and a memoru orb that can record oral histories in a way that’s similar to the Biaita Home Stone. What I really need is for someone go look into the histories of the lux to when they were first being built. Specifically the Observatory. Apparently the original site has two magic dead zones. It would be helpful to know how those got there and if there is any record of the thing or things that is now currently calling it’s ruins home.” Rohnan paused for a breath. “Really, any and all information that you can get me on either will help immensely, if you’re up to spending long hours in the library.” The last part sounded a bit like a question with a hint of concern in her voice.

Phalaenopsis nodded at Jinn's request not to text Explosive Traps inside the house. "I'll be sure to test outside from now on." he said simply, before shrugging at Rohnan's suggestion, "Didn't think I'd need it, but my experiment worked, uh, a little too well, and I panicked in the moment, is all. Live and learn. I'm just going to go change, and I'll be right back out." He disappeared inside for a few minutes, and returned with a fresh shirt, bag now stashed somewhere inside.

Kai had arrived while he was inside, and he greeted her warmly upon his return, with a friendly wave a big smile, without interrupting her talk with Rohnan about research. "You're looking much better now, I'm glad you're taking time for yourself." he said quietly to himself.

Jinn chuckles to himself.

Back