Gathering thoughts....

Kai gives Rohnan and Phal a nod each, listening to Rohnan talk.

"That does sound like quite the list. I remember handing out alchemical healing to folks going to a dead-zone, I assume this is the one? I can dig into Dwevdi's annex to look for Lux and pre-Lux history."

She fishes a pencil and note-pad out of her shoulder bag. "Do we have a name for this structure, or is it simply "the observatory"? I'd also like to ask a few questions of people who have already been there, or been nearby."

“From what I know it’s simply knowen as the observatory.” Rohnan thought for a moment, “Opiathais didn’t call it by any other name when she was discussing it with me. I don’t know if Stern calls it something else though. When Stern was talking about the observatory did he refer to it by any other name, Evo?” She asked.

“The original one was scouted by Mar. He should be able to give you a good update on the current condition of the place. From what I understand, it’s not too far from Sedrith’s tower which is the location where we can rebuild the observatory if the original site doesn’t work.”

She looked between Kai and Phal, “Obviously if we’re looking at heading into magical deadzones we are going to need as much alchemical healing as possible. I’m not exactly sure exactly when we will be going through there, but it’s best to be prepared.”

(deleted double post)

"As far as I know, it would be the "observatory," or possibly referenced as an "observation tower." He frowns in concentration. "I seem to recall there being some kind of relationship between Sedrith's spire and the Observatory proper, part of the same complex or something similar."

"But I can tell you that dead-magic zones I have encountered seem more like a phenomenon or side-effect than a feature of the Lux. I very much doubt the Observatory would have intentionally incorporated them into its construction." He shrugs. "Though I have been wrong before."

“My worry is that the magic dead zone could have been a side effect of the way the the observatory works to see into places like the dark reaches. Like the observatory creates it from the sheer amount of magic that it needed to use it properly. But that’s just wild speculation at this point. Magic dead zones give me a queasy feeling so I’m probably letting my imagination run a bit.”

Kai scribbles some notes on her paper. "Rohnan, you said something about things living in the ruins? Any first hand experience there?" Kai chews her lower lip in thought.

“I have no personal experience with either. It was Mar who went crawling around the ruins so if he feels like speaking up here to fill you in a bit more that would be nice.” She said looking towards the elf who was sitting there very quietly. “All he mentioned before was that it was something nasty and he couldn’t get a good idea what it was.” Rohnan thought for a moment, “Really though, it could be anything. With undead, rodenzie, an illithid, and Dragons only know what else crawling around in here, it’s best to assume dangerous and probably wants to eat us. But that’s why I’m kinda hoping that there is something in the history of the tower. It might very well lead to nothing but I don’t like the idea of heading into any place half blind. Not after last time.” She said the last part looking at Jinn. The memory of the fiasco that was their first trip to Balanox’s realm was still fresh.

Kai gazes at Mar thoughtfully for a long moment, and then clears her throat. "Well," she addresses the others, "I guess that's enough info to get started with. I'll be at the annex if anyone needs me, or thinks of anything else." She gets up and dusts off her skirts, and then heads out.

Mar shrugs "thats all I found on the beast I didn't go deep enough into the tower to get a bead on it would rather not get caught on my own"

All the talk of magic dead zones cause memories to rise up in Jinn's mind. Pulling Evo and Ceric away from the battle with the undead, barely able to get the elixirs into them before it was to late. He shudders involuntarily.

"Magic dead zones are really not to be taken lightly. Make sure you are loaded with alchemy and at least 3 non magic users when you go. As for what causes them, I don't even want to ponder that, it would have to be something terrible."

At the mention of rushing in Jinn looks at Rohnan.

"Oh trust me, I will never forget the memory of gnashing teeth and claws that was waiting for us on the other side of that portal. This is why the observatory will be of great value, if it does what we think it does. That and perhaps we should stock up on some vision rituals, just in case."

He coughs and takes a deep drink from his bottle, hairs on his neck standing up as more memories come and go within his mind.

Jinn slowly sips on the contents of his tankard, enjoying the moment of silence that had befallen the group. But a few moments prove to be to much.

"Soooooooo..."

"I get the feeling things are going to get complicated soon" Mar replies sipping his own drink

Cato sips his coffee "Well the winds seem to be shifting and the cold is coming. We can't enjoy quiet much longer."

"We should be lighting up that fire pit soon! That always help when these nights grow colder."

"Yes I enjoy a good fire. I also enjoy a good drink. " Cato pours a liquid into his coffee. "Wonder what the others have been upto??"

"a nice roaring fire since we can't get to close to each other one that'll warm a large area" Mar mutters as he sips his drink relaxing in his seat

Jinn's eyes light up. "I do love a roaring fire! Something about it calms my spirit."

He plays with his tankard for a bit, watching as a messenger runs up the road and to the house.

The messenger looks at the porch full of adventurers armed to the teeth and timidly approaches.

"I am... um... looking for a..." He looks down at the letter and back up at the group. "Warmage Jinn... I was told that he, uh, resided here."

Jinn laughs and downs his tankard and stands, reaching his hand out for the letter. Tossing the messenger a silver, he waves him off. The messenger turns and quickly retreats back to wherever he came from.

Jinn reads the letter to himself while pacing slightly on the veranda, and his warm smile slowly shifts into a sly grin.

"Well, it looks like I must take my leave of you all, but I shall return shortly."

Popping inside the house quickly Jinn emerges filly dressed with a new short sword on his hip, a matching partner to his main weapon. He gives a small salute to the group and heads down the path.

*Jinn has left the area*

“Well. I better be getting back to it. The Lux isn’t going to rebuild itself.” Rohnan stood and went into the house for about ten minutes or so and came back out with some parchment rolled up. Picking up her staff she headed to the direction of the tavern.

Back