• Working through a few updates, please excuse any problems.

GS-paid Reward for PCs

Jesse Grabowski

Fighter
Chief Executive Officer
Owner
Denver Staff
Marshal
Normally, you can only pick a magic item, using your GS after NPCing an entire event. We are going to add two other options for players who are more fond of PCing, yet who have been contributing to the game and have been acquiring gross amounts of GS that they can never spend.

Players will be allowed to utilize a pick at the end of the season, if they have NPCed a total of 20 hours throughout the year. (Conventions do not count- only actual events.)

In addition, also at the end of the year, PCs can use GS for a "loyalty pick" if they made it to 7 games.

Last edited by a moderator:

Traceroo

Rogue
As soon as you guys have time to consider this, I'm sure many of us will be interested to know what the GS price for the "loyalty pick" will be, to save our Goblin appropriately for the end of the season.

Thanks for considering these neat, outside-the-box rewards for volunteers, Jesse and crew!

Trace

Last edited:

NightEyes

If you get your pick at the end of the year, does it become active right then, or do you post-date the magic item to beginning of the next season?

Jesse Grabowski

Fighter
Chief Executive Officer
Owner
Denver Staff
Marshal
Yes you get 2 then... and yes I will date it to the start of next year. Trace, the cost of items are dependant upon their power level. Look on the website for examples.

Traceroo

Rogue
Oh! I think I misunderstood your original description. Are you saying the included group of volunteers can basically "order from a catalog" with Goblin Points as guaranteed access to a reward? I thought this more like we pay in X number of Goblin Stamps and get a lottery ticket, basically, for a magic bag pick.

Trace

Jesse Grabowski

Fighter
Chief Executive Officer
Owner
Denver Staff
Marshal
no no, at each event, I have a pre-generated list with me. For the end of year thingies, I will use both the October and November pre-generated lists for people to purchase things off of.

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
I just wanted to post an update here based on a few questions people had. This is just for the 2018 season.

1. Nationals will count towards the 7/9 games of this year (all months including mod day make up the 9 events). Any hours you NPCed at Nationals will also count.
2. Due to the potential rules change, we will be delaying these picks until after the new year (closer to mod day). I don't want to issue tags for magic items and then have to immediately go back and convert them afterwards. I hope that no one minds regarding this. Once we see the new treasure policy for 2.0, I'll have more input on how we will be randomly generating our magic item pick lists.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions,
Mike

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
Due to the change in rules, the items that you can pick for loyalty pics are going to be a bit different. Instead of being based on the random lists that we implemented before, it's going to be based off difficulty of the ritual. I'll post the rules below, but understand there might be some oddness that can be cheesed out of these rules. I may have to make updates depending.
  1. How you obtain your pics is still as above. 1-2 pics depending on game attendance and NPC hours.
  2. Each loyalty pic will be LCO. If the ritual is placed on another item that has restricted rituals, the entire item will become LCO.
  3. For each loyalty pic you can get a 1 year ritual with a difficulty up to 10. The cost in GS is difficulty x 100 GS. So a 4 difficulty item would be 400 GS. The max you can spend is 1000 GS per pick.
  4. The ritual must target an item. There is still the max of 20 rits per item.
  5. Skill store dodge items may not be purchased in this manner. Nor can you use any rituals with a catalyst effect. If the ritual has a catalyst effect as an option, you may choose the non-catalyst option.
  6. If you have two loyalty pics (attendance and NPC hours), you can use both of them to get one item over 10 difficulty. For instance, if someone wanted a 30 point of AA that is difficulty 25. They can use both of their pics and 2500 GS to get that suit of AA.
  7. All pics will be off the new 2.0 ritual list (new rituals or old)
  8. You will have up til about 2 weeks before the first 2018 game to get me the pics. They will last til the end of the 2019 calendar year.
  9. I have the proposed difficulties of the new rituals. If anyone wants to know any of the values, let me know and I can get it to you.
Let me know if you have any questions.
mike

Cedric

Rogue
Marshal
Due to the next version of the rules about to be released, I'm delaying Loyalty picks until after the Feb game. Honestly I didn't expect our first game this season til be April, so that has influenced the timetable.