GS-paid Reward for PCs

Jesse Grabowski

Squire
Marshal
Normally, you can only pick a magic item, using your GS after NPCing an entire event. We are going to add two other options for players who are more fond of PCing, yet who have been contributing to the game and have been acquiring gross amounts of GS that they can never spend.

Players will be allowed to utilize a pick at the end of the season, if they have NPCed a total of 20 hours throughout the year. (Conventions do not count- only actual events.)

In addition, also at the end of the year, PCs can use GS for a "loyalty pick" if they made it to 7 games.

Last edited by a moderator:
As soon as you guys have time to consider this, I'm sure many of us will be interested to know what the GS price for the "loyalty pick" will be, to save our Goblin appropriately for the end of the season.

Thanks for considering these neat, outside-the-box rewards for volunteers, Jesse and crew!

Trace

Last edited:
If you get your pick at the end of the year, does it become active right then, or do you post-date the magic item to beginning of the next season?

Yes you get 2 then... and yes I will date it to the start of next year. Trace, the cost of items are dependant upon their power level. Look on the website for examples.

Oh! I think I misunderstood your original description. Are you saying the included group of volunteers can basically "order from a catalog" with Goblin Points as guaranteed access to a reward? I thought this more like we pay in X number of Goblin Stamps and get a lottery ticket, basically, for a magic bag pick.

Trace

no no, at each event, I have a pre-generated list with me. For the end of year thingies, I will use both the October and November pre-generated lists for people to purchase things off of.

See below

Last edited:
Due to the next version of the rules about to be released, I'm delaying Loyalty picks until after the Feb game. Honestly I didn't expect our first game this season til be April, so that has influenced the timetable.

Did this ever happen for the 2018 season? Still in the works?

This is on Jesse to figure out. The old 1.3 system had a spreadsheet that created randomized items. For 2.0 Jesse thought that Cory from Calgary had a spreadsheet that worked but he never tested it. When I tested it, that part of the spreadsheet was never functional. I mentioned this to him months ago and asked for an update but he said he'd reach out to Cory. I don't know if he did or didn't, but he never responded to me after that. So basically no one got loyalty rewards for 2018. NPC picks each month are in the same boat. If it gets updated, we should put the process here - http://www.alliancedenver.com/volunteering

Back