Hi Kupspar!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dom

Scout
It's Ona!

Just wanting to say hi to the people I not see in a while. I been doin some traveling through the mists to the lands of Caldaria and to the Deadlands, searching out the undead and there's a lot going on in these places that's keepin me busy so it may be a while before I return to Kosmara. BUT, I just wanna let you know about somethin I saw the other day.

I met this lady who showed up in Caldaria and said she got pulled there by the mists from Kosmara. Said she was a new adventurer and didn't remember exactly how she got there. So I talk to here for a while. We have food and drinks and talk about becoming a new adventurer and I tell her a little about Kupspar and what going on there. She ask me about the groups and I tell her about the Wayfarers and the Bloodmoon and Misfits and the Flaming Balls and all that. I mentioned the dark man to her and she starts askin about that and then I talk about how he made up of "void", I mention in the Deadlands we tryin to find the puriel because it's the opposite of the void so maybe it kill him. Then she ask if we been able to find any of the puriel and I mentioned the flute thing and how we looking for the pieces. Then something else came up, we had to go. She say ok and she be on here way too to try and travel back through the mist and try to get home.

This where it get weird....

She start walking away and then rifts out. Now... I not know a lot about magic but most new adventurers don't do that. And I know I not crazy because Belnar saw it too.

So now that I managed to pick up my jaw off the floor I figure I try to let somebody know about this through the dreams since I not make it back to Kupspar myself. I not tell her anything more than what was common knowledge since I not know more than that anyway.

The lady was a human and she had orange swirly tattoos on her face and chest. I ask her about them and she say she was friends with some Romani and she got them from them. I not know much about the Romani but I know they got lots of tattoos so I not think much of it.

If anybody got some more questions about this, I do what I can to answer them.

Did she not introduce herself..or do you not remeber it?

-Ra'Sha al'Kazim

While it is true that Romani, particularly those of Kosmarra, often bear tattoos, and my kin beyond the mists differ from we of the Wyldes in many ways, yet I know no Wylde Romani who would share our tatuaj with a gaje. If she was no Rom, then I for one think her tale may be false.

Teovel deTomros Viatsa

(oog: Scott Auden)

What Ona say is true, well I think she say she get tattoos from Beshe, which confuse me as much as Teo.

Ra'Sha she did introduce, I not remember name ... something small I thinks.

She be Human, about Belnar height, swirly tattoos like little wind breezes on sides of face and above breasts on chest, they be orange I think I remember....

I offer her help getting back to Kosmara, since she say she not know how to travel mist, but she seem to not want to wait for next day when I travel. She also seem more .... tolerant ... then other humans, and not seem to know much of her own area.

But yes be on watch, she not to be trusted, if you see be careful you might be in more danger than seem.

-Belnar of the Vos Stam

ya ya she definitely not to be trusted. In my experiences, people who say they weak and then do something powerful like rift out, usually can't be trusted. Really though, if she strong enough to just be able to rift like that then I think what we saw also might not be her true form so just be aware of that too.

Teo, I not mean to assume. I just not know a lot about your people and was sayin what she say to me.

Ona

You give no offense, My sandborn friend.
I think most not know our marks are private, so is why I tell.
Indeed, I thank you for this warning. Your wit serves us all. Surely you are correct, and this being no be what she seem.

Teo

(oog:scott)

I am no of your lands but from the kingdom of arandin. In my lands dings dat rift and have dee swirls of color tend to be fae touched. Fae actually ave wings but dey can make us like demselves or even vorse dings. dey do it to my clan. I know ven I traveled to kupspar in past fae no be heard of but just cause you no hear no means they von't come. Be vary if dis is a fae type creature. I can tell all I know of dee fae at the upcoming gather in case she is but be vary. Also like my cousin say romani are no very villink to give customary markings or other tinks to gajae. Be vary of gajae saying a rom friend did it specially if they no can name dee friend and friends clan.

Cousin Zoya,
Stories of the fae may have faded but they are still known among the wise. In particular, tales of their one-time king Optos, now known to us by a different name (may he never find us worthy of his mighty gifts) , lie at the heart of the very creation of our people. 

Teovel deTomros Viatsa

Da. Dee fae are very tricky creatures. Dey manage to steal a whole clan of romani (my clan-myself included) and a whole tribe (?) of dwarves (i apologize but i do not know vat dwarves call der groups) and make dem slaves and some into monsters. Some tink dat fae are helpful i say never trust a fae. I know dat some of dose dat are fae touched vear similar swirls as you describe on dis person and dey rift or dee fae dat controls dem rifts dem in and out still no sure 'ow it vorks. I just know dat if dee fae are comink to kupspar you should be on your gaurd. And also stay on toes and be vary of dose dat are not vell known to you.

Ah, Zoya. We must speak of these things at length. Time and again, the fae dance just beyond the edges of an answer I long have sought. A servant of the fae asking such questions is troubling, but is it surprising?
Stay safe until we speak, and do not decorate yourself with swirls, lest you baffle your cousin,

Teovel deTomros Viatsa

(oog: Scott Auden)

Fae? That's almost flattering, I've heard they are pretty.

Sorry to have startled you Belnar and Ona, I did not mean to, nor to cause any level of mistrust; honestly, I'm a little hurt by such a knee-jerk reaction to claim me evil and an enemy. I spoke mostly truths and only deceived enough to avoid alarm or drawing aggression...you have to understand, a new girl in a foreign place surrounded by strangers...one does need to be careful; I wouldn't want to hurt anyone.

It seems you two have a number of friends who may be interested in meeting me; I will certainly make sure to indulge that request. Belnar, I did say I would see you at Kupspar's next gather, did I not?

And please, don't be alarmed and worry about me, it's the others you should be wary of.

See you soon.

~ the orange, swirly, tattoo'd "fae"

You sound like you very pretty and nice, forgive Ona for assume da worst. I be one of da Sandborn as well and will welcome you and hope to get ta know you face ta face in a few weeks. If you are a good spirit/being den we shall talk of many things. Seek me out, I am Warsor of da Sandborn.

-Warsor's Voice

Introduction?

Dear Lady Not-Fae,

You said we shouldn't fear you, we should be worried about "the others"... Who are these others?
My name is Aotesc. Would you share your name, mystery lady? Once we are introduced, we can share a drink.

Bayarlalaa (Thank you),
A.G.

Your friends are right, you should be careful when talking in the dream realm; you never know who is listening in. I prefer to keep my name hidden; if I have access here, they may as well. I wouldn't worry...much, just be guarded of your trust in them if they do arrive.

I will happily introduce myself to you both in the coming gather.

~Lady Not-Fae

And how, lady,
Will we know them from you?
And how wound-about in secrets must you be if even who you are must be guarded jealously?
But tell me this: do you truly claim to have received your markings from Romani friends?

Teovel DeTomros Viatsa

(oog: Scott A)

Treoval,

Can you not take her word for what she is saying. Give her the benifits of the doubt in the moment, for if she is trying to deceive us it will only bite her in the arse. And you, my dear unnamed friend. Can you appease some of these people and at least provide a nickname? Come on folks we have too many things to fight already to be fighting each other.

Lennox

Lennox,

Well do I recall the last being who challenged me to discover his name. Do you not?
I do not know if she will find it to her benefit, but certainly I give her my doubts. In any case, it seems she claims to be dear enough to the Romani to have been marked by us. If this is so, she must be welcomed properly. And if this is a lie, then again, she must be welcomed properly.
As to her warning, I already heed it; lifetimes may pass before I cease to be wary of "others."

This alone will I grant her in terms of trust: To meet her, and to judge the truth for myself; It may be she has good cause for her secrets, so do many. Further, she is apparently comely enough to be mistaken for the fae, and Teovel is no fool.

Teovel deTomros Viatsa

(oog:Scott Auden)

Lennox,

Teovel is right to mistrust. As a fellow romani i know how ve feel bout sharing dings dat are closely gaurded. Even as familia I vould no be so presumptious as to ask his clan to mark me vith der markings even a small vone to show I am friend. Also I mistrust dose dat ave no earned it. My clan was taken by fae and turned to slaves and only ones i ave ever seen with markings as described are dee fae and fae touched. Teovel is right to be vary. As you say you are fighting many tings who eez to say dat dee oders are no friends of hers or dat dee oders are dee friends and she be dee foe. Ve know nothink not even name. Teovel is no fool for being vary you are fool for no being vary of strangers who claim to be veak and den rift (another trait of dee fae).

Zoya Aleksandra Anya

I never claimed to be weak, be careful with your assumptions. Just as you are mistrusting my intentions now, I guarded my trust when first meeting others who adventure here when I met them in other lands.
I apologize for any insult it may have caused, the markings are not given by Romani; the guise was to avoid discussing the truths of my appearance while in new and uncertain company in a strange place. The time for that will come soon, as I hope to meet you all in Kupspar. You will know me from the others by the markings and I would certainly hope that I have not been forgotten already by the few I have met, as I very much enjoyed our time together; though it seems their memories are lack enough that my name is already lost to them.

~ the orange, swirly, tattoo'd "fae"

Well, I for one will be awaiting our meeting. I general determine what I think of someone or something, till I meet with them face to face. So until that time, safe travels

Live well and die with Honor,

Cyric Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back