[.11] Higher Manifestation /Cross School

Just have it based on Scholary XP and have potion making and scroll making count. that will guarantee that said artisan will have a primary school anyway (from spells or pre-reqs for making potions/scrolls) This keeps it in line with Fighter/Rogue skills.

That was, in fact, what it was...

Am I reading higher manifestation correctly, you get on element per purchase? So a earth scholar would have to spend six levels of high magic to channel both healing and chaos without a relic?

I recently decided I would like to try giving up my 20 levels in create scroll to test a celestial channeling pool in it's place. However the realization that it would cost me 18 levels of high magic to completely access these pretty much makes that pointless.

I would expect at 3 points of high magic per purchase you may channel your pool as you see fit. Therefore 3 points let's me channel healing / chaos and 3 more points let's me channel SLIF

Am I reading higher manifestation correctly, you get on element per purchase? So a earth scholar would have to spend six levels of high magic to channel both healing and chaos without a relic?

I recently decided I would like to try giving up my 20 levels in create scroll to test a celestial channeling pool in it's place. However the realization that it would cost me 18 levels of high magic to completely access these pretty much makes that pointless.

I would expect at 3 points of high magic per purchase you may channel your pool as you see fit. Therefore 3 points let's me channel healing / chaos and 3 more points let's me channel SLIF

If it was per day, I’d be inclined to agree with you. But for a 5 day effect, I feel it’s appropriately priced.

I'm sorry I just don't agree.
A high level character may be able to afford the 6 points for earth or 12 points for celestial but this is a huge Nerf for low and mid level characters.
Imo it should be one purchase per channeling pool and allow you to use the pool as you see fit.

Seems like you could easily make it an additive cost. By that I mean 3 to purchase higher manifestation for one element. After that for each additional element you need 1 more level of high magic. Thus a celestial caster would still have to spend 6 levels of high magic to commit to being an "all elemental" turret. Then it follows along with the concepts of 2.0 for cost/balance/give up this for that. 6 levels is a significant cost for something that is not overtly powerful, just functional, but still lends emphasis in cost on the versatility.

I just feel that 12 levels of high magic to do the same is too expensive and disproportionate to the advantage Higher Manifestation provides.

I'm sorry I just don't agree.
A high level character may be able to afford the 6 points for earth or 12 points for celestial but this is a huge Nerf for low and mid level characters.
Imo it should be one purchase per channeling pool and allow you to use the pool as you see fit.

We can agree to disagree, that’s totally fine. :)

It's all good :)

Back