I need a member of the Council to contact me

Pokethulu

Fighter
Public Relations Committee
I need a member of the Adventure Council to contact me post haste.

Lady FallingStar

Why was a Lady of the Kingdom ignored. That is not acceptable.

Duke Robert Turnsen

Duke Turnsen,

Someone may have contacted her privately. If this has not happened, perhaps the leadership of the Adventurers Council should be reevaluated.

Eric Marsters

Who comprises this governing body which ofcourse is sanctioned by Duchess Fairfax? That is a question not a declaration for those of you who are in need of tutoring.

Duke Robert Turnsen

Duke Turnsen,

The sheriff, Draco Ardel, runs the council. The Duchess, as far as I know, does sanction this council. I believe Sir Siril is also involved, to represent her interests.

Eric Marsters

Please note that the Adventuring Council as it were is a purely advisory council and holds no power or station. It was created in order to help organized and spread information among the occasionally disparate adventuring community to help improve communication nothing more. The council in no way should be seen to replace any existing authority or duties.

That said I can state for a fact that the Good Lady of Mushroom Hollow does indeed have contacts with multiple members of the voluntary adventurer council, although she places and assumes the council has both authority and responsibilities it does not have.

If you have further concerns of the council, I would also suggest contacting the Sheriff Draco, as the current head of said council.

-Lord Enan Bluewater.

Your Grace Turnsen,

I was contacted privately by a member of the advisory Council.

Although, I have not been told all who are members other than Arsita and Sheriff Draco. I do not know the specifics of the adventute council, but, Sheriff Ardel was specific with his edic that the council would be by invitation only.

If your Grace has further questions I would be happy to answer them to my fullest.

Lady FallingStar

Can we have a list as to whom is actually a member of the council? I am only aware of one and this poses a minor problem when I need to bring something to their attention.

I also am pretty sure by asking around, that there are no nobles other than Sheriff Draco involved. Lord Bluewater may be seeing as he responded and seems to know whow is in.

I feel like it should be common knowledge and to be displayed so that way old and new adventurers have an idea with whom to speak with other than those of us with established and known titles.

Thank you,

Eldandiril Zanabanath
Cupbearer to Duchess Fairfax

That is I think, something that is trying to be avoided. The council is designed to support and advise the Sheriff who is its head. It seems he is already well known as a member. Should he desire or need information he will ask the council of it. It is very important that people understand an advisory council is NOT a replacement of the order of Knights, Lords and Ladies, and should not be seen as the authority to deposit troubles upon nor as the central repository of knowledge.

-Lord Enan Bluewater.

The adventuring Council was never meant to be a secret council, it was supposed to make it easier for guilds, groups, and individuals to work together and share information without there needing to be too many voices speaking at once. It was never designed to be the sheriff's personal advisory committee. The fact that it has basically has been turned into a nonpublic entity of secrets that are being kept from prominent members of the towns and pretty much anyone else I have spoken too, tells me that we have taken a large step backwards in improving communication between the folks that protect this realm.

The previous Sheriff had the right idea in helping us to get along... this is not helping anyone but to feel excluded from the inner workings of the town. Not knowing with which we can go to with our problems in our own town, greatly reduces the trust we have for each other. We were there once and no one here wishes to go back to such a state. The previous incarnation was publicly known AND members were chosen by the groups in which put them up to the council as their representative.

I don't understand why we can't continue with what we had before which included everyone.

Eldandiril Zanabanath

I understand your concerns, it is not my decision as to what the council does, although I have been asked to lend my voice in it's discussions.

That said, I will remind everyone that we do generally have a gathering at the beginning of each market day and that is an excellent place to share information. Adventuring groups, the council, this vault, Lords and Ladies of their respective realms, these are all over lapping circles and in no case is participation in any given circle required to be fully apprised of happenings. I will note that for myself, the last two times I asked to speak with you to share information you replied with a very abrupt 'What's in it for me?' response, and so I did not press the issue. It is often how we treat each other the determines how involved we become. I will note that I am by far not excluded from the occasional poor habit that limits effective communication, but we should all endeavor to share information when able, and to respect those that share information with us and not act upon it unilaterally.

-Lord Enan Bluewater

I do not believe any subterfuge is involved with any of this. And most issue have been directly addressed in this vault.

As there is no Subterfuge I can say I am a member. The council has been very quite over the winter. As have most things till very recently.

I assure you no one is hiding anything from anyone.

Yours In Service,
Cyn
Cupbearer to Duke Turnsen
Guild Lifestorm
Seneschal of Storm's Rest

"It is better to light a candle than to curse the Darkness"

I don't know who's on the Council, but if it's a comfort to anyone, I'm not on the Council!

Draco invited me two different times, 'cause apparently he thought I'd be good to represent the adventurin' folks that aren't in some kind of group, but I told him that there were probably more important people than me that should be on the Council instead!

~ Silp

It is non conducive to tell lies about others either. I have never in my life nor will I ever be the kind of person whom looks to get anything out of doing good for the people of the realm. Accusing me of asking "what's in it for me?" Is an insult to my blunt and truth speaking person. And since I have not spoken with you on anything of import in more than 4 months I will assume that you cannot possibly be talking about me.

The nobles of this land expect a certain level of communication out of all of us and the adventuring Council took care of the between market coordination on certain issues as you are aware since you spoke for the Azure Keep before. I feel like there is no longer a full representation of all party combinations in town and it should be rectified if we are to work well together and make sure all things that should be, are common knowledge.

That is unless we are open to discuss taking care of, the reason we have this vault in the first place, in open Friday night forum at the market gather. I was under the impression that that was incorrect.

What is so secretive about the Sheriff's council, which I will not refer to as the adventuring Council any more since it does not serve the same purpose, that each member needs to have their identities protected?

Eldandiril Zanabanath

Cyn,

I appreciate your honesty but whether or not you see subterfuge does not mean that the rest of us don't (I am not the only person with this concern).

Eldandiril Zanabanath

Those where the words you used Elle, I gave no insinuation beyond the fact that those were the response I got at the time, and it was a bit over four months ago. They stuck in my mind particularly because of our interactions earlier in that same marketday. Perhaps it was finally being free of the threat of the name bandits that caused you to perhaps wish to enjoy the moment and not be weighed down with other issues soon after. As it stands I think we have reached a point of going in Circles, I believe it is understood how you feel about things in regards to the council, it is entirely possible the council will be expanded.

My concern is, again, that the council will be seen as something that replaces the correct existing structures and we must be careful not to make it so.

-Lord Enan Bluewater.

I have been busy in the winter months, and my thoughts have not wandered to the dreaming in some time and for that I apologize.

First of all I must request, please do not misrepresent me as nobility. Whatever power and/or authority I have are strictly confined to the duties of sheriff which is wholly defined as a civic position.

I have formed a new core of the council, and the reason members have not been disclosed is because the roster is not fully set. There is currently representation of every major Wayside-based adventuring guild on the council. Those guilds know who their representative is. The council itself is discussing further candidates. There has been no question directed to me that I have not answered truthfully. You know me. You know how to contact me. You could have come to me with your concerns, as well as anything that needs to be brought to the council, so we could discuss together. This animosity towards the new council makes me hesitant as to what intentions there are towards these members.

May your hearthfire burn eternal, and your tankard endless!

Sheriff Draco Ardel

Draco,

To be completely fair, I brought up these EXACT concerns back when the original council was dissolved, directly to your attention and even explained how we did it before and you did not address my concerns then. I was then assured my Lord Bluewater that the structure had so far not been slated to change. It has been more than half a year now and my concerns have not been addressed nor has the "council" been finished, or even restored to its original purposes.

I recall a short dreaming where we were all asked why we should stay in which was abruptly disconnected, leaving some of us with a bad taste in our mouths about something we had trusted to be there for us. Now it is an unknown.

Eldandiril Zanabanath

SHUT UP everybody!

I wasn't going to get involved (and I'm still not as I haven't paid attention to any of these dreamings), but you all are so OBNOXIOUS

I have no idea why the **** this matters. Just PLEASE pick something. Draw a stick out of a hat or something.

Look at what you started Robert... *grumble*

-Radi

Banradi I am trying with you but please recall when you address me certain words should precede my name. In other words...look what something something Robert started, not just what Robert started. If you do not understand or comprehend your error on this. Avacyn will happily explain it to you and if it comes to it fine you ten gold. After the ten gold adjustment of your pernicious spirit if another is needed she will personally give you ten lashes.

Duke Robert Turnsen

Back