IG: A voice echoes across the mists

Gunnar

Squire
(OOG: For anyone who has seen the skull faced creature from the San Francisco Ennerett event, or knows the voice of Aelin Mor, you recognize this voice.)

"Here the Lake of Darkness lies,
Here the Light in Shadow sleeps.
Here beneath the Blackened skies,
Her secrets we do keep.

Soon.....Soon Fortannis will welcome its Silence."

That poses all sorts of questions.

Does anyone recognize this voice or know from where it came?

Lady Liddia FallingStar

I think it's a riddle.

But if I run across it, I promise to find the biggest fighter and/or Kasuni and get behind them.

That sounds appropriate.

-Dominus Zeth

General's blood....General's blood...

That Orc served her purpose....her bones return to make other such monsters..

Soon......

Soon.

Yeah.

Run.

If that's a reference to that orc general from the Abyssal Gorge, and what's talking is the skull faced elf, don't let your friends go down. And be ready to kill undead at a rate that will probably be the death of you.

Find someone from Ashbury and ask questions, but don't give it *any* information on your lands or people. If those things can get out into the mists, Fortannis is in serious trouble.

-P

*sniff sniff*
Another child of sister Nightmare...a child of our sister to the darkness....

More of your children, Nightmare...more in all of the nooks and crannies of Fortannis....

Apparently you have been busy, Sister.

So have we.

(OOG: For anyone who has met Son of Portal/Sightless, you recognize this voice.)

You call to them Sister, but they seek to ignore our gifts. We bring them the gift of silence from our hearts and the gift of death from our thoughts. I look forward to tasting the water fear from their eyes and the water life from their veins. If we not found a way to get Portal silenced, I believe he would be approved. Let us continue, they will come to us for our gifts soon enough. Very soon enough.

If someone with greater amounts of information, could dream to me or send me a missive I would be very thankful. If something is coming across the mists, I would like to have time to make preparations.

-Karvedoma ó Dubhghaill (Kar), child of the Kyralia, Member of the Errant Court of Brittington
May all of your paths be lit by the sun

[Kjeld speaks in a foreign tongue, but in the dream his words hold meaning to any listening]

It has already traveled through the mists, it came to the land I am now calling home. All lands are in danger from these ones who whisper dark promises of silence.

I have witnessed with my own eyes the power and influence this abomination, this affront to The Fold, has over the lands it visits. I believe it wanted to frighten us into submission, but I am not one to be struck in awe by displays of power from a glorified bully. This assault on the lands I call home has done nothing but given my Wolf a new quarry.

If it is silence these bags of stubborn bones want, I say we give it to them together by sending them to a place where they'll never have to hear the sounds of life again. I will not let a creature like that touch the lands I protect with it's profane words without consequence! Stand together as one and we will prevail over such threats.

Kjeld son of Bjarn
niðr Jardhilgr Roedha
Keeper of Numbers

*A whispery laugh echoes; it is unnerving. A sudden feeling of dread fills you. Hackles on the back of your neck go up. You feel as though something is watching all around you, just out of your eyesight.*

and so it beginssss....

<the voice of the raccoonkyn shaman turns more serious than his previous words>

All lands in danger?

I think Kjeld's words are wise. I'm not much for creature bearing gifts like this, especially if they make use of necromancy. If they come here...we'll deal with them.

Sorry P, but if my people are in danger, running's not an option.

-Dominus Zeth

Phedre, if you could send a dream with information on these beasts I would greatly appreciate it. The lands of Sedovia must be warned on how to prepare should these creatures come through the mists.

If the same information could be passed to myself as well I will make sure others hear it as well.

No, no running.

You've come to our home, Enerret, and you've stolen that which is not yours.
You threaten Fortannis and for that alone, you will be opposed. By myself and many others.

You whisper your poetic threats and veiled prophecies. We hear them.
Now it is your turn to listen:

We will not go quietly into the silence of death.
No matter what prophecy you threaten.
No matter what horror you unleash.
No matter what death you promise to bring.

I promise you that we will fight you.
I promise you will be stopped.

You aren't the first. You won't be the last.

All who oppose you stand in Hope's Light. To the End of our Time.
Our Truth gives us strength, for we chose to believe in ourselves and each other.
There is not a being who opposes you that will stand alone.
Each day we will face the Foe that threaten our Homes.
We will bring the fight to you. And we will never give up.

Squire Shin Shanshi
House Zodiac

Last edited:
So there you are sightless.. I have been looking for you for a very long time. I have a card to return to you. As well as many of the other gifts you have given me. I very much look forward to us meeting again.

Keep an eye out for me.

Dominus Sir Vanyal Anarion of House Zodiac

Shin and Vanyel,

Perhaps you can fill me in? I will be back in the city at the end of this week.

-Kasuni, the one Zeth plans to hide behind

I don't know this other voice, but if Aelin Mor walks again... I've faced dragons, and vampires damn near as old as time. This? You don't want to have to face this. Kar, I can explain more when I see you next. Others I won't see personally, feel free to send me a missive.

-Baroness Ezri

Baronessssssssss......

No....Baron...Roriiathanderhil......Dame Daralasssssssssia....How is Daralassssssssiaaaa........Her eyes are blank now...yessssssss?

Timesss are changing.......the Twins...those who are Imladari...but not Imladari......those that will bring about the Silence...they are the bell ringers..the callers...the legends...the legacies...

Bones..and dusssst....and timessss and momentssss...those of us lost to the aether...where you have sent us.....the invitations are out.

Your Two Trees will wither.

Your Dragons will roar in final surrender.

Your Circles will falter.

Your lands will rupture and come to assssssh before you....

Your Torches and Bastion Flames will go out.

There will be no Light. Hope will fail.

All of Fortannis will cry out one last time, and be Silenced..as it was in the beginning.

Soon they will join us, Brother.

Soon.

Oh, yay.

Some of us are being a little dramatic.
Don't stop.
It is jolly good fun.

I think I'll fit in with you lovely folks quite well. I too am fond of the theatrics and monologues.

But not now. Now is time for lunch, then grooming, and then perhaps I'll get to a little more banter with the dark and nasty before dinner.

Or maybe after. With desert. I'm thinking... chicken?

Yours Truly,
Tal-Herroth

P.S. By the sounds of it there will be plenty of chicken for everyone if you're interested. Just don't ask me for my recipe. That's a secret.

Back