IG: A voice echoes across the mists

Yeah...Running is definitely not the answer here. Nowhere to run to. Nowhere to hide.

Not a huge fan of silence, myself, except when we need it. I think we need to go with a "suck on my sword, creepy dead lady".

Sounds about right, yeah.

<anger, barely kept>

No.

You won't.

You had best be great in your care not to harm a kyn of my land, or I swear by Death and Order's power that I will Obliterate you.

-Zeth

Yes, all of you, taunt the terrifying thing you know little or nothing about.

Don't whine when no one saves you from it after you make yourself a target. Make no mistake, things in this world have long memories and centuries of experience with power you can't fathom, and Aelin Mor is one of them.

I won't die so you can puff you your chest for someone else's benefit. And I value my and my family's lives more than your lives and will take steps to end the latter to protect the former.

-P

Phedre,

I'd rather make myself a target, than allow someone else to become it.

I didn't become an adventurer to become a coward.

Save whats important to you in whatever way suits you. I'll do the same.

But thanks for making the list of people I won't go out of my way for.

-Z

If you bring that ire down upon yourself and your friends, family, and kingdom because you need to beat your chest, that's not bravery and I certainly hope it's not why you became an adventurer.

That's not valor, it's genocide.

-P

Nothing is so delicious to an ear as deep spirit infecting fear and despair coated by righteous defiance. All who would seek conjure ideas of opposition stand in fetid light while ignoring the placid embrace of our rising silent oblivion. It shall swallow for the remainder of the what you call time and beyond. Your truth is fail; Your strength is brittle and your belief in yourself is why we always can. All who defy us stand lonely and silent crying for our gifts. You are all alone. It is too late for you. How can you hope to stop what never was in a place that never is?

Some of you say run, some of you say fight, all of you know you shall be embraced by our gifts. How can you pretend at being powerful when you, wolf pup, are the one who spilled water despair for your missing heart piece Trillian? Have you had eyes upon her in recent night times? Does her fathers look for her the same way they look for your promises? Listen to the wisdom from the cowardly horn elf, she speaks words from a place of understanding. Accept our gifts. Fight first and I will taste your despair upon my eyes and hear your defeat upon my tongue as swallow your existence whole.

Taunt it? No, there is no empty words of jest or benign threat coming from my lips. Only a promise that when I see that thing again it will be for a fight. Win or lose I will not let it taint the lands with it's presence without resistance from myself and whoever will stand by me.

-Kjeld

*Irate female voice rings out*
It keeps promising silence. That mean its going to shut the **** up soon? PEOPLE ARE SLEEPING, @!C^KFORE. The crap is it with evil and monologueing? Its not even scary its just SAD- does all the other evil just avoid this thing because its the weird kid that smells bad so it has to bother everyone else?

I DEMAND A BETTER QUALITY OF EVIL!

Ailin mor, I met you once. Pity to hear your voice again under such, ...circumstances I was hoping for something else.

Son of portal, I threw your father down a decade more ago. He and his two...friends. You Sightless, son of Portal, have visited such ruin upon for Fortannis as it is. And I lay at your feet the deaths of millions and pieces of Fortannis we will never see again. For your vile unceasing need. You have taken from these realms quite enough. Flee now outsider, you are not of these realms, and have no place here, no claim here, and we are unbound when we face you next. For all your guile. All your machinations you still have to face us, and all you've done now is validate my every effort to thwart you over the years. You will die forever with my claws in your spirit.

Ailin mor, I suggest you find a more worthy ally.

Alin Mor, Sightless, is there any chance we could actually try to talk this out like reasonable people? Because as a sentient being, you're not treating other sentient beings with a lot of respect. You're obviously powerful, and desire attention. Perhaps you could explain just what has caused this desire to see others suffer? A group of powerful individuals are better to have on your side than against it, no matter how powerful you may be. So I ask a question born of ignorance, are you willing to sit at our table, and entreat with us respectfully?

I mean, you may be an all powerful entity designed to do a certain thing, such as bring the inevitable closing of all, such that the world is unmade and all is emptiness and quiet, but in the span of forever, what is a few centuries of discussion to try and find a more equitable way of having such happen? Especially when there can be tea and brownies.

-Kelethuan Laurenthian

Let's stop awhile and think carefully about this. We know she can get to Fortanis. She came and stole a really powerful thing from a necromancer's crypt. She mentioned that she was coming back with the others. Sounds like at least some of us know who those others are; is that information we can share round the dream, or is it better kept to whispers round campfires?

Phedre, Sir Krieger, you seem to know at least one of these creepy whispers. And from the pet names she gives you, I can guess at why. If we talk too openly, does this start to turn into your kind of place?

Phedre,

I am not exactly sure what I'm hearing, but I did hear it whisper threats against the torches and the Bastion fires. If you will be in The Hollow when the Portals open, I would love to hear what you know. In person next to a warm fire with a hot cider seems a better idea to listen about these things than the stark coldness of dreams. I hope to see you soon my friend.

-Keely

Our kind of place... Dream and Nightmare are just the two sides of the sleeping consciousness. They balance out and are as necessary to each other as light and dark, or life and death. Too much of one or the other tips the balance, and loss of equilibrium is panic and destruction and pain as everything settles into its new right place. Talking openly about Nightmare doesn't change Dream into it, unless your intent would be to do so. And even then, it takes an incredible force of will.

Keely, I'll be in the Hollow in a few days. You and I have several things to talk about, unfortunately.

-Phedre

Hey now,

I'm not taunting anything. I just like a good dramatic and theatrical banter. And this evil bad thing- coming from the current perspective I am in mind you, and meaning no offense to any party in this conversation- seems to be quite good with the banter. I do like living, and I alone would not fight it, or anyone really, my face is much too pretty and I'd rather it not be hurt, unless I really had no other choice.

Monologues and banter however? Is this not what life is about?

Hearing the sound of your own voice, smack talking, general verbal jabbing back and forth with quick wit, and hopefully a full belly. Which I currently do by the way. Chicken was a great choice. Which, I think I'm hearing more chickens though the dream, so it might be on the menu for quite awhile it seems. Hah, but I digress... As one should in a good monologue I believe.

I have no real connection to these lands, or any for that matter. Perk of being a sojourner I suppose. However, if you seem so confident in your ability to take it over, destroy it, or whatever you plan on doing, without much effort. Why do it? Where's the sport? If anything you should be thanking those who oppose you for making it a battle worth pursuing, assuming we don't successfully silver tounge you out of doing whatever dastardly- or heroic depending on your perspective- plan you have. Why not search for something, at a risk of sounding cliche "your own size" to go fight, or rule, or dominate, or what have you? Surely there's a much more sporting thing you can be doing, rather than kick the door down, kill a few innocents, and burn a few building.

Do something better with your time.

Like basket weaving.

Yours Truly,
Tal-Herroth

P.S. If you do happen to consume me, just don't waste anything. And make sure my fleas find a good home. I have grown quite fond of them and I know Bartholomew will just have a panic attack if I'm gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
<icy, even tones>

This creature not only dares to hurl thinly veiled imprecations at honorable elves who have passed into gurtha, but appears to slander the reputable name of Imladar.

I, Altohtaro Armand, thusly swear upon my feaesa to assist Fortannis in stopping this menace in the name of Imladar and her people.

Baroness Ezri, it appears we have some matters to discuss this coming gather. I will inform the High Lords of Imladar, if they not already aware.

Honorably,
Squire Altohtaro Armand
Special Forces Division, Ohtar
Imladar Northern Regional Command
Imladari Ambassador Pro Tempore to the Duchy of Ashbury

A lot of brave souls here. It's the brave animals that die first in winter. The smart ones, the cautious ones, they're the ones who weather the cold that they may greet a new spring.

Giving the enemy so much information about yourself inevitably makes you the prey.

~Ny

Back