In memorium

Seth, wherever you've gone to, we had some good times. If it be in my power, I'll find whatever it was that brought you low and drop a suitable piece of his anatomy on your grave to let you rest better. I know it's what you would have wanted.
"This blade is broke, and can never be forged anew. Let it be given a place of honor so that new Blades can look upon it and know what it is to have tasted battle and lost so as to temper them well." -Swordsman's rest

I don't think anyone was bickering over who lays claim to anything, and I don't think anyone took exception to Seth's body being taken to my house. I'd really prefer it if all of you who were not related to him, please stop arguing with us about it. It's really not something that needs to be argued about. I'm sure my family has things well in hand and I know my family doesn't really need to hear you people arguing over our brothers body or his things.

~Derek

Solomon Maxondaerth said:
NObody disrespects my wife so blatantly and with so little respect.
Why is it everyone is so hung up on titles? Now I realize the whole need to have titles by nobility, but traditionally travelers wouldn't use titles in other countries unless they were Ambassador's recognized by the country they are in. I mean really, most "nobles" are actually wanted criminals in other countries with no form of protection when traveling. Although personally it is slightly distasteful and I don't think it's required to call her a tavern wench.

I know of several bounty hunters that were looking for specific nobles when I visited Ironwood. I would recommend that unless you have a contigent of arms with you, that you really don't spread titles around when traveling out of the country. I wouldn't recommend traveling with a contigent unless you've cleared it through the legal authority as well, seeing as it would be criminal to do so without permission in most countries.

This is just friendly information. I'm surprised the slavers didn't target more of you who so proudly boasted about being nobility from other lands.

Balryn

If anyone needs a traveling aid to circumvent such harshness of reality, you know where to find me.

Derek Ironhammer said:
I don't think anyone was bickering over who lays claim to anything, and I don't think anyone took exception to Seth's body being taken to my house.

~Derek
I agree entirely. I also find it odd that people who didn't even like Seth are commenting on his death or how his life should be remembered. It doesn't build any respect knowing how he was treated in life was different than how he was treated in death.

Balryn

Shikar al'Basteua said:
I will attend any celebrations of Seth's life that I am able. I will not, however, participate in or abide by any petty squabbling over his belongings. That the disposition of his body and personal posessions came under question before even the story of his death leaves me feeling profoundly embarrassed.

Rupert and Diera, it sounds as if you were there; will you please share the story of what happened?

-Shikar

Couldn't have said it better myself, Shikar.

I'm sorry but I find all this bickering over titlea bit inapropreate. Someone has passed on, have some respect.

Jarax

Pardon my tardiness in responding to this grave news. Word has just reached me.

A valliant warrior has fallen and instead of remembering him for his deeds and his valour, his memorium is filled with pettiness. How sad.

Seth, while I did not know you as well as I should have, we have fought side by side on a number of occasions and that makes you a shield brother. I know where you are now. I have been there and, the spirits willing, I will be there again. We will toast the nights besides the warriors of old and we will join the ranks of the honoured dead. Wait for me.

May your spirit know only pleasant times now and may the breeze on your face be always gentle.

As for the rest of you, take your squabbling into another dream and let this one be for those who wish to remember.

Krillmalir said:
A valliant warrior has fallen and instead of remembering him for his deeds and his valour, his memorium is filled with pettiness. How sad.

As for the rest of you, take your squabbling into another dream and let this one be for those who wish to remember.
I'm not going to take any real pardon, as anyone who wants to tramp around in my dreams and tell me that my brother's body, his possession, or his wishes are to be carried out in any other way than what his family sees fit is simply more insane than I am.

Simply put- if anyone wants to lay claim to anything so be it. But don't expect to earn anything but some quick dislike from me. If anyone wants to be disrespectful, go for it. But the real disrespect I've heard so far is from people I've heard call my brother a thief and a murderer. The same people who called him a vulture and untrustworthy. I know gaje tend to be hypocritical, but please leave the injury of insults alone because the truth of what most of you felt toward him is now colored with fond remeberance.

Seth was a jack *** sometimes. I didn't like some of his methods. But he was a brother to my family and some of my blood ran in his veins. I loved him, like I love all of my family. I don't care about dirty laundry and the various good image everyone wants to keep. Seth never did either. Hell he couldn't keep his mouth shut somedays about things, but I loved him none the less.

Why would I do anything but exactly what Seth did in life? When he saw snake (even in himself) he said it. Just months ago a good group of townsfolk tried looting Seth... where was this comradre then?

This dream is nothing. It's a simple nightmare of losing a family member. Go ahead and argue with me. Go ahead and argue with his family. Go ahead and try to convince us that any of you cared as he bled out. I'm pretty sure there are those of you who smiled when his body stayed behind.

I don't want to hear it anymore. Get out of my dreams and leave my family alone. Do you hear me? My family.

Leave My Family Alone!

Balryn

Balryn,

We shall come for the body of our family member soon. Someone shall be there with in a day or two to begin the mummification process. Then, as custom dictates we shall arrive 13 days later to begin the Ceremony of Departure.

Kh'thraz Lyss of the Order of the Eyes of Night
Naga Vizier of the 17th Wheel, House of Wrez'Shiss

*you feel a great sadness appears in the dream realm*

To Seth,

What can I possibly say about him that could convey what I feel. I owe him my life for the times he's saved me. He's been teaching me my skills ever since I could remember. And he is the one would made it possible for me to be apart of the family I'm apart of today.

To me teacher, my friend... My brother. May your soul finally rest peacefully.

Seth, was my man at arms, and my responsibility. His death if anyone's fault is mine to bear. His body will be burned and his ashes returned to his people so they may deal with their fallen warrior in their way. His belongings are another matter.
If you wish to bicker here on other subjects take your negativity to another part of the dream realm where I cannot hear you.

Back