In the Commons

Hunched over a table in the shade, Evo studies a book intently, pausing now and again to make notes. He occasionally tries to take a sip from his empty mug, looks disappointed, then returns to his study.

"I'm missing something," he mutters to no one in particular, as he flips impatiently back through sections he's already read.

Strolling on up the path with eyes to the sky watching the clouds, Romilda makes her way into the lux. Absent mindedly humming until she hears the sound of a disgruntled man along the way.

Kicking her feet a bit in the gravel to announce her presence she slows her pace a bit while making her way over.

As the Tari-Noor approaches, the magus leans back, stretches, assesses her without concern, and sets his book aside.

"Romilda, was it? You're making waves already." Evo's smile softens the accusation.

She gives a half mock bow to the statement and a grin in return.

"So it would seem, though I think after today it's less of a tsunami and more of a half hearted tropical storm. Mind if join ya? Sounded like you were looking for something important and I currently have nothing better to do."

Last edited:
Evo gestures to the seat across from him, "You're welcome to join me. It's important but not urgent; and I'm interested to hear exactly what it is that has the Tari Noor of my guild all wound up."

Flopping down onto the bench across from the wizard, she glances down to look at the title of the book before answering the question.

"Well it certainly didnt take much. I think they are some of the most tightly wound up Teri Noor I have ever met." She goes a brings her feet up and sits crossed legged on the bench. "As for what I did, well that's a whole lot of explaining to describe a short story. Long story short I was a glorified messenger which recipient didnt respond well to the message."

The book is old, bound in grey leather of some sort, and infuriatingly not labeled.

Evo laughs. "Story too short! Give me the medium length." He reaches for his coffee mug, catches himself, and leans not quite nonchalantly on one elbow.

"Well that depends on how much of the story you already know. It seems that I know information that has remained unheard for quite some time and it has cause alot of unnecessary surprise amongst some. So.... what do you already know?"

She leans forward, raising an eyebrow.

"I know that you've ruffled the feathers of several of my people, and to date I've done my best to keep out of their clan affairs. Whatever mysteries you carry have been sufficient to affect Rohnan, Calan, and Jinn, but they assure me there is no threat to our safety nor to their ability to serve. Feel free to tell me as much or as little as you like; you can assume that your story is completely new to me."

He returns the raised eyebrow. "If you are a herald of Rohnan's past, why have you appeared now, of all times? Something must have changed."

"Well I would have arrived sooner but had some of my own affairs to settle, and of course took a bit of searching to find her. But I had been going and....." she pauses to think of an answer.

"... I had been waiting for something but didnt seem like it was going to happen. So I had went and have given up on it" a slight tinge of sadness hung on her words but was soon wiped away.

"And after about 20 years it seemed like the best option to move on and the best way to do that was I decided to go and visit some old friends. One of which was someone from Rohnans past who still remains unaware of the fact that she has lost her memories and Rohnan did not realise existed until I handed her the letter."

Scratching her head she goes and tries to think of how to explain the next part." As for uh Calan, well I think I may be more uneasy then he was as hes actully family that I didnt realize.. still existed. Which is something that is uncommon for me to come across and not know about."

"Twenty years is a long time to take settling your affairs... " Evo appraises Romilda. "Is this an affair of the heart, or of family obligation? Or something less easily named and summarised? I'm curious. You went to visit an old friend, but they didn't accompany you to deliver the message?"

Thinking for a moment while tilting her head back and forth to help with the thought process " Falls more with in the familial obligations category. And Nina didnt seem to worried, I mean Rohnan has only been gone for just over a year now. That's not really a big deal for us. And Nina had some affairs of her own to keep her busy back at the falls so she couldnt come with but since I was already gonna be on the look out for her she gave me a letter to update Rohnan."

Evo nods. "I see. And the news gave Rohnan a bit of her past that isn't easy to deal with, and Calan a connection to family that neither of you had been aware of, I imagine." His eyes study Romilda's horns.

"Is that it, then? Are you just a messenger? A seagull to fly in, make a mess, and fly away? Or do you want to see how this resolves?"

The humour in romildas face turns to a rare seriousness "It hurts to see people I care so much about see me as an unknown enemy so I dont plan on flying away any time soon. Besides if theres a problem while I'm in problem solving distance I'll do whatever I can to fix it. Especially when it involves family, blood related or not."

She relaxes a bit and looks around "besides, me trying to make a mess here would be like dropping a pebble in raging rapids. Wouldn't do much to change the direction of it" she goes a lightly slaps her hand on the table."Now that's enough about me, what about you, whys that book got your bloomers in a twist?"

Evo ignores the deflection. "Interesting, then. That's a high degree of attachment to three people you just met, even if they are clan. Perhaps it would help if you told me a little more. What is this mysterious connection with Rohnan? And why would Calan not celebrate finding kin?"

He watches Romilda's reactions closely.

She tilts her head in confusion "three people, I only know two. Unless of of course you're counting Kai but I only met her for the first time when I arrived."

Romilda leans forward on the table to match the stare back but still holds a cheeky grin "and which clan are you referring to? Cause I'm the only one with this symbol around here" She takes her hand and pats the embroided circle and keys on her chest.

Evo leans in, still patient. "I had actually included Jinn in my statement, as the three are often closely bound. I see your clan is indeed different, and this does nothing to explain why you would choose to remain in these raging rapids, as you say. What's your attachment here, besides having discovered an inexplicably reluctant cousin and having a friend of a friend here? Of course you're not obligated to explain, and I said I wouldn't pry, but you've intentionally piqued my curiosity and are dangling bits of the truth just out of reach."

He leans back. "Since you seem to want someone to ask, I'm asking."

"What I am is bored. And Rohnan isnt just a friend to me. I have seen her at.. well at what was once her worst and we made it back to a new day together." She glances around "as for the specifics it might a little to public for me to go and be announcing secrets and putting them out on display. Dont think they would appreciate the whole town knowing their past even when they dont"

The magus nods. "And there it is. I see the spark that drives you. By all means, don't betray that trust. You'll need all the trust you can build to reconnect with her."

Evo examines Romilda's gear and shifts the subject. "Are you prepared to defend this town? There will be need."

She sits and there for moment pondering, a little taken aback from the sudden change. "Well defend might be a bit of a stretch, I can use my sword just not very well... but I've gotten a pretty good at earth magic. I was finally able to properly cast a life spell on a rabbit that some bird had dropped. So I can at least offer that to the efforts."

Back