In the Commons

Rohnan sighed, “Ideally I would trust more it’s just.... I don’t know. It’s hard to explain without sounding tragic and pathetic.” She seemed to think for a moment, “I do trust you if that means anything. I just need to figure out how to open myself up to depend on others enough for that to build.” She looked mildly grumpy at the idea.

“Anyway, enough sad depressing stuff. I got a letter to write, a poster to make, a Mar to check in on, and ... people to trust I guess....” she smirked at the last bit. “Is there anything else you wanted to discuss before I get back to work?”

"Building trust, paradoxically, requires extending trust. It's always a calculated risk." Evo smiles. "But enough philosophy! I wish you success-- after all, your success is mine as well."

“Oh, I’m well aware it’s a calculated risk” Rohnan said as she stood, “Why do you think I don’t trust anyone.” She said with a smile and a wink as she snached up her staff and headed towards her home.

Evo watches Rohnan depart, sighs quietly, and opens the book once again.

After a few more disappointed glances at his empty mug, Evo collects his things and departs.

Back